Prospect Info: 2021 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #7

Who is the Devils' #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
def skeptical of stillman, even if his toolset is great, he hasn't even set foot in the AHL, so how can we say he's an arguably better player than clarke?

even though i do think he's gonna be a big surprise, i can't vote for him here on evidence

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
def skeptical of stillman, even if his toolset is great, he hasn't even set foot in the AHL, so how can we say he's an arguably better player than clarke?

giphy.webp

went clarke. add daws

Reactions: OmNomNom

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You are comfortable with the small sample size etc.? I’m not implying anyone sugggesting Stillman is incorrect. I’m just curious what the decision is based on if we haven’t watched the prospect.
Just the way he plays the game from the video Ive seen. Seems like he has a very high compete level and good skill to go along with it. He strikes me as someone who can play at the NHL level based on that compete level...Then you add to that his family history growing up as the son of an NHL player and coach and I think you have a very good base for success.

Definitely is early and it'll be interesting to see if he makes Canada's WJC team...but I am not as high on some of the prospects as some here are and I think Stillman has one of the higher probabilities of becoming a NHL player out of all of our prospects.

Last edited:

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
You are comfortable with the small sample size etc.? I’m not implying anyone sugggesting Stillman is incorrect. I’m just curious what the decision is based on if we haven’t watched the prospect.
It’s just outstanding that one of these guys will be out 8th ranked prospect. We’ve come a really long way. I can’t wait to look back on this in a few years and see what transpired.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You didn’t ask me but I’ve been voting Stillman. I go on potential more for top prospects and Stillman missing OHL season does make him a mystery but he still fits the profile of a guy of someone I would consider higher end prospect. What I’ve heard about Stillman himself, plus his stats before this COVID season suggest offensive production is there and his two-way playstyle gives him a high floor, all contribute here. I get people being put off by the mystery part though.

I also put a lot of emphasis on hard work and drive (combined with talent). I still remember Quenneville getting criticized, publicly called out in the press, for his conditioning in 2016 and then again in 2018. It was pretty clear to me in 2018 he likely lacked the dedication to make it. (And presumably to the the Devils too since they kept harping on it and he didn’t get the message.) I remember JQ’s excuse quotes weren’t great in the articles too, it was a bad sign.

I really like Clarke, I’m very impressed with him and I believe he has a chance to make it the NHL. It’s not a big chance though, only because a scoring winger is tough a spot to win and it’s the only spot really open to him. He’ll be a scoring winger in the NHL or in the AHL or in Europe, there are a lot of talented tweeners who almost make it.

Unless they’re a blue chip/high end scoring winger prospect like Holtz or Foote they often go a little lower for me when compared to two-way forwards with offense, real centers and defensemen with some sort NHL future. (And I’m not sure where I would put Foote, he’s the top prospect I have almost no take on, good or bad. I have no idea when he could make the team or where he’s at, I feel like I underestimated him and now I’m sort of into him but unsure. Lol. It’s complicated.)

Bahl is fine where he is. The dude is 6’7” and 240 lbs and pretty damn mobile, he can just go and exist on a 3rd pairing and play in the NHL. (And he has upside for more.) That size advantage might offend people’s egalitarian spirit or something but it’s a really enormous f***ing size advantage.

I :heart: Clarke though, he did just about everything we could want last season, it’s too bad he couldn’t make Team Canada but that team was impossibly stacked. He’s less than a month older that Jack Hughes.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You didn’t ask me but I’ve been voting Stillman. I go on potential more for top prospects and Stillman missing OHL season does make him a mystery but he still fits the profile of a guy of someone I would consider higher end prospect. What I’ve heard about Stillman himself, plus his stats before this COVID season suggest offensive production is there and his two-way playstyle gives him a high floor, all contribute here. I get people being put off by the mystery part though.

I also put a lot of emphasis on hard work and drive (combined with talent). I still remember Quenneville getting criticized, publicly called out in the press, for his conditioning in 2016 and then again in 2018. It was pretty clear to me in 2018 he likely lacked the dedication to make it. (And presumably to the the Devils too since they kept harping on it and he didn’t get the message.) I remember JQ’s excuse quotes weren’t great in the articles too, it was a bad sign.

I really like Clarke, I’m very impressed with him and I believe he has a chance to make it the NHL. It’s not a big chance though, only because a scoring winger is tough a spot to win and it’s the only spot really open to him. He’ll be a scoring winger in the NHL or in the AHL or in Europe, there are a lot of talented tweeners who almost make it.

Unless they’re a blue chip/high end scoring winger prospect like Holtz or Foote they often go a little lower for me when compared to two-way forwards with offense, real centers and defensemen with some sort NHL future. (And I’m not sure where I would put Foote, he’s the top prospect I have almost no take on, good or bad. I have no idea when he could make the team or where he’s at, I feel like I underestimated him and now I’m sort of into him but unsure. Lol. It’s complicated.)

Bahl is fine where he is. The dude is 6’7” and 240 lbs and pretty damn mobile, he can just go and exist on a 3rd pairing and play in the NHL. (And he has upside for more.) That size advantage might offend people’s egalitarian spirit or something but it’s a really enormous f***ing size advantage.

I :heart: Clarke though, he did just about everything we could want last season, it’s too bad he couldn’t make Team Canada but that team was impossibly stacked. He’s less than a month older that Jack Hughes.

I didn’t ask you because I’m preparing fir a trial and don’t have the six hours I need to read your average post.

I’m just teasing. Your posts are sometimes long but always informative and thoughtful.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I didn’t ask you because I’m preparing fir a trial and don’t have the six hours I need to read your average post.

I’m just teasing. Your posts are sometimes long but always informative and thoughtful.
“Sometimes long”? I appreciate your sympathetic portrayal of my posts, lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3