Reilly Walsh

Colton White
Yegor Zaitsev
Fabian Zetterlund

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Vote for Arseniiiiiiiiiiiiy! I think he is in two years away from being top-7 in every devils prospect pools or being my biggest walking disappointment =-D
He was great in МХЛ and ВХЛ, he was best in ВХЛ(Russian second adult league, AHL analog) in ppg from players with more than 5 games. 2 goals 4 assists in 8 games. I watched every 8 games and he was involved in every moment when he was on the ice, and he did play on the third line as I remembered . 14-44 per game. He is active forechecker, very good driver and have enough IQ to understand 200 foot game well. He is on the small side, but I hope mr Bob asshole Hartley will give him more time on the ice. Avangard is very fully equipped team. I really hope he will translate his game on the next level. He is absolutely good enough for age and level of competition. I did post some reviews and video records in prospects topic.

Shakir is my number 10.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Nothing against Okhotyuk, but it’s wild that everyone voted him that high. He was good in the preseason (against who?)but then was hella mediocre last year with the terrible A-Devils. Now Vuk!? Bahl deserved his votes because he actually played in NHL games and didn’t look out of place. You guys have some serious need to get out more.

Samu for me. Pytlik barely even played.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Nothing against Okhotyuk, but it’s wild that everyone voted him that high. He was good in the preseason (against who?)but then was hella mediocre last year with the terrible A-Devils. Now Vuk!? Bahl deserved his votes because he actually played in NHL games and didn’t look out of place. You guys have some serious need to get out more.

Samu for me. Pytlik barely even played.
Bahl didn't look out of place in the NHL, but he played a conservative style where he essentially did not impact the game in many positive ways aside from not doing anything stupid. He wasn't bad per se, but he wasn't really what I'd call effective or good. He had 2 secondary assists. Just because he didn't look out of place doesn't mean he was an NHL-quality defenseman, but I will say that he impressed me in the NHL much more than he did in Bing. I watched over half of his Bing games, and his play was concerning to say the least, especially on the defensive end. Okhotiuk and Vukojevic were better in almost every viewing I had of Bing. Okhotiuk especially has a ton of potential with his awesome combination of size, skating, and physical play, but Vukojevic was probably the best overall defenseman on Bing last year as surprised as I was coming to realize that.

I like Bahl. I really do. But I cannot base my opinion on Bahl off of such a small sample size as 7 games. Who knows how Okhotiuk or Vukojevic could've performed given the same opportunity. I thought they deserved a callup way more than Bahl did.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Bahl didn't look out of place in the NHL, but he played a conservative style where he essentially did not impact the game in many positive ways aside from not doing anything stupid. He wasn't bad per se, but he wasn't really what I'd call effective or good. He had 2 secondary assists. Just because he didn't look out of place doesn't mean he was an NHL-quality defenseman, but I will say that he impressed me in the NHL much more than he did in Bing. I watched over half of his Bing games, and his play was concerning to say the least, especially on the defensive end. Okhotiuk and Vukojevic were better in almost every viewing I had of Bing. Okhotiuk especially has a ton of potential with his awesome combination of size, skating, and physical play, but Vukojevic was probably the best overall defenseman on Bing last year as surprised as I was coming to realize that.

I like Bahl. I really do. But I cannot base my opinion on Bahl off of such a small sample size as 7 games. Who knows how Okhotiuk or Vukojevic could've performed given the same opportunity. I thought they deserved a callup way more than Bahl did.

I didn’t vote for Bahl but I said I can understood why people voted for him. I find it hard to rate any of the AHL defenseman over others due to the teams disastrous season.

Reactions: RememberTheName

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Went with Thompson over Salminen, maybe based more on hoping that he is pushing for a roster spot by mid-season, hopefully in place of smaller, less assertive players; based primarily on what he did during the 2019-20 season in college.

Intriguing that we're 10 deep into the prospect pool and still have hopes of guys that may one day crack the lineup.

Add Zetterlund.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I didn’t vote for Bahl but I said I can understood why people voted for him. I find it hard to rate any of the AHL defenseman over others due to the teams disastrous season.
My fault. I definitely agree with that last point though. That team was such a mess, it is definitely hard to figure out what to truly make of it.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
whoops, missed all the polls before this one. I’m surprised to see so many names ahead of Thompson and Walsh. Salminen could also conceivably top-5 on this list, IMO. But then i’d also have Holtz a lot lower than i’m comfortable elaborating on. :naughty:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
whoops, missed all the polls before this one. I’m surprised to see so many names ahead of Thompson and Walsh. Salminen could also conceivably top-5 on this list, IMO. But then i’d also have Holtz a lot lower than i’m comfortable elaborating on.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly my opinion of Thompson went down once I saw him in the NHL. I know he's young and still developing physically, but he really looked like it. Obviously a few games out of college doesn't tell the whole story but he looked absolutely awful, nowhere near close to NHL ready.

He needs to put on at least 15 lbs and spend an entire year in Utica before I even want to think about seeing him again. In terms of pure talent he's certainly in the top-10 but it's going to take a while for him to be NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad