• William Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the ninth poll, I am voting for Jackson Lacombe.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka
Matthew Hill​

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Moore > Lacombe for me

6’3 and a great skater. Someone posted this awhile ago and I believe it’s about Moore

Bob he mentioned that there are defencemen (or a defenceman) who they are really excited about but that nobody has any clue yet.

There’s virtually no video on the kid so he’s at a disadvantage, but I think he’ll be a top4 guy.

Ian Moore at eliteprospects.com
Moore is a gifted skater for a 6-foot-3 defenceman, and a confident puck-carrier. His ability to create speed through the neutral zone is so impressive. He can play an aggressive gap due to mobility, and rush threats are mitigated by his pressure. Moore also has a hard and accurate slap shot; he drops to one knee and generates a ton of flex on his shot.

https://twitter.com/starsstripeshky/status/1321448877355159552?s=21

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’m gonna keep beating Pasta’a drum here, very few players have walked the path Pasta has and not become stars or at least top 6 players. Here is the top 15 ppg leaders in the USDP U-18’s history.
94DC6297-A1FE-4EC2-B2DA-DB1ACE39DC88.jpeg

Inside the top 10 we see a list of entirely star producers or players who project to be that, asterisks maybe for Lucius due sample size being affected by injury and Turcotte who has had his development a bit hindered by injury, and if you continue to the top 15 we see more star players or Milano and Bracco who seem to have mostly been product of their more talent line mates to some extent. Those linemates were Eichel and Matthews. This doesn’t really apply to Pasta though as he led the team in scoring by a pretty hefty margin.

Attachments

• 2ED05AD3-2B46-4D08-BABD-FCE9C65435FB.jpeg
    2ED05AD3-2B46-4D08-BABD-FCE9C65435FB.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 3

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I’m gonna keep beating Pasta’a drum here, very few players have walked the path Pasta has and not become stars or at least top 6 players. Here is the top 15 ppg leaders in the USDP U-18’s history.
View attachment 462461

Inside the top 10 we see a list of entirely star producers or players who project to be that, asterisks maybe for Lucius due sample size being affected by injury and Turcotte who has had his development a bit hindered by injury, and if you continue to the top 15 we see more star players or Milano and Bracco who seem to have mostly been product of their more talent line mates to some extent. Those linemates were Eichel and Matthews. This doesn’t really apply to Pasta though as he led the team in scoring by a pretty hefty margin.
That's encouraging. I had not realized what his numbers really looked like compared to his peers.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
That's encouraging. I had not realized what his numbers really looked like compared to his peers.
Yeah obviously this doesn’t fully absolve him of any concern and it’s a pretty rudimentary way to rate prospects but it would make him a complete outlier if he did bust (bust used loosely as he was picked in the 3rd round)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's Lacombe again for me, then Moore.

Eh, I think it's subjective. You ask around other fanbases and they will claim X prospect is the steal of the draft.

Whoever is voting for Tracey is straight up trolling lmao :baghead:
I don’t think it’s trolling to vote Tracey at all. He was a 1st round pick for a reason. No, draft position isn’t everything here. But he is at least in the discussion here and imo will definitely be in the top 12

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Either way I like they way our prospect pool is looking so far. As far as high end talent I actually think it gets even better than next year even though zegras and drysdale are going to graduate. Mcdavid and the lottery pick next year along with the depth are going to push it over the edge

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Since Volkov is considered a prospect that means Tracey is the #12 or #13 prospect of the Ducks depending if Moore goes before him.
Volkov is already a NHLer and his floor is bottom 6 and a ceiling of 2nd line or 3rd line. He already is a decent PK option as well.
Volkov is from the same draft as Comtois and were selected only 2 spots apart.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Our prospect pool looks so much deeper this off-season than most, especially with the first three draft picks in the 2021 draft. I have to say that it's nice to be drafting defensemen again: LaCombe and Thrun in 2019, RHD's in Drysdale and Moore in 2020, as well as Zellweger and Hinds in 2021. We also acquired prospect RHD Andersson at the 2019 trade deadline.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Either way I like they way our prospect pool is looking so far. As far as high end talent I actually think it gets even better than next year even though zegras and drysdale are going to graduate. Mcdavid and the lottery pick next year along with the depth are going to push it over the edge

That's the first comparison for McTavish to be like Mcdavid. Noice! (I know it's a typo, but it's a fun typo!)

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the Ducks had acquired a late 1st in the 2021 draft and used it on Pastujov, he would have gone much sooner here.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
If the Ducks had acquired a late 1st in the 2021 draft and used it on Pastujov, he would have gone much sooner here.
Probably, but he was instead passed on 65 times including twice by Anaheim. For the record, I love the pick but we have so many good prospects that it’s easily understandable why some prefer more far along guys that were 2nd rounders

Reactions: ShadowDuck

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Probably, but he was instead passed on 65 times including twice by Anaheim. For the record, I love the pick but we have so many good prospects that it’s easily understandable why some prefer more far along guys that were 2nd rounders
Point, Aho, DeBrincat, Kucherov was passed on a lot too.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Makes you really wonder why he dropped that far.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Makes you really wonder why he dropped that far.

It's gotta be that skating. I was looking at Pasta with our 2nd round pick before the draft, but kept seeing mocks having him selected late in the first round. In 2019, I was all up on D Thrun with our late first because so many mocks had him going late first. We passed up on Thrun twice (late first and early second), but he fell to us to the fourth round (we didn't have a third round pick)! The knock on Thrun was his skating and probably a byproduct of all of the other talents for the USNTDP making him look better that what he is. The only common item, imo, between Thrun's fall and Pasta is skating. I'm sure there's a lot more than that, but I don't have that info on me.

I'm ecstatic to have Pasta as I was ecstatic to discover we drafted Thrun in the fourth round. Both had late first round projections in a lot of mock drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad