• Kyle Kukkonen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the ninteenth poll, I am voting for Tyson Hinds.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
9. LW - Sasha Pastujov (1st year)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (+1)
11. LW - Brayden Tracey (-3)
12. RW - Alexander Volkov (1st year)
13. D - Ian Moore (+1)
14. RW - Sam Colangelo (-2)
15. D - Simon Benoit (no change)
16. C - Artyom Galimov (no change)
17. D - Josh Mahura (-7)
18. LW - Blake McLaughlin (no change)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka
Matthew Hill​

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Still Guhle for me. He had 60 NHL games under his belt at 22.

Tshigerl and Hinds looks to have potential but they are years off anyway

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Guhle might get lost on waivers this year.
When 1 of Lindholm/Manson/Fowler gets their yearly injury bug he will get called up maybe and then have to go thru waives when he's sent down ?

Reactions: Kalv

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Guhle might get lost on waivers this year.
When 1 of Lindholm/Manson/Fowler gets their yearly injury bug he will get called up maybe and then have to go thru waives when he's sent down ?
He didn't get claimed last time he was on waivers so I doubt he will when he gets waived after camp.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Think Hinds and Tschigerl complete the top 20 for me, with the last 5 being some combination of Andersson, OEE, Janicke, Lopina, and Nickl.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hinds has been very solid but is soft as hell. I have only seen him play in the 3 rookie games plus some footage on youtube but I have noticed he shys away from any extra contact. Megna-ish hopefully he develops a meanstreak because he has looked quite solid. Never thought I'd see the day with someone as big as Hinds shy away from a scrum with Guenther of all people. Guenther was literally holding his jersey and jabbing him in the face. Being hit like that by Guenther is like getting bullied by Terry :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hinds has been very solid but is soft as hell. I have only seen him play in the 3 rookie games plus some footage on youtube but I have noticed he shys away from any extra contact. Megna-ish hopefully he develops a meanstreak because he has looked quite solid. Never thought I'd see the day with someone as big as Hinds shy away from a scrum with Guenther of all people. Guenther was literally holding his jersey and jabbing him in the face. Being hit like that by Guenther is like getting bullied by Terry :laugh:
Yeah, noticing the same. Less physical Benoit, basically

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, noticing the same. Less physical Benoit, basically
It was just 3 games so who knows maybe he's under the weather or nervous. But around the 2nd game I started watching him closely and noticed that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It was just 3 games so who knows maybe he's under the weather or nervous. But around the 2nd game I started watching him closely and noticed that.
It didn't look like he was holding himself back to be honest.

Still, I trust our scouts who vouched for him, but I also see perfectly fine why people will take She Girl before Hinds. Yes, he was taken two rounds later but it is possible they were close in our scouts books but we wanted a defenceman and a centerman before we got ourselves to take Sea Gull. Just speculating here but very happy to have Chi Gell.
We need him a nickname ASAP.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It didn't look like he was holding himself back to be honest.

Still, I trust our scouts who vouched for him, but I also see perfectly fine why people will take She Girl before Hinds. Yes, he was taken two rounds later but it is possible they were close in our scouts books but we wanted a defenceman and a centerman before we got ourselves to take Sea Gull. Just speculating here but very happy to have Chi Gell.
We need him a nickname ASAP.
Its like how they passed on so many players to pick Manson in 2011, Kase in 2014 & Terry in 2015.
Tschigerl feels like another Kase like steal in the draft, not comparing the players at all just that they both look to be much better than where they were drafted.
As for nickname i'm already going with Tiger for Tschigerl.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Its like how they passed on so many players to pick Manson in 2011, Kase in 2014 & Terry in 2015.
Tschigerl feels like another Kase like steal in the draft, not comparing the players at all just that they both look to be much better than where they were drafted.
As for nickname i'm already going with Tiger for Tschigerl.
Tiger is good. Albeit because of the speed a Cheerah or Cheetos would make sense as well

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Tiger is good. Albeit because of the speed a Cheerah or Cheetos would make sense as well
Felines in general are just fast but then after a burst a speed they need to take a rest on the bench until their next shift just like Hockey players lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad