Prospect Info: 2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings #15 Tiebreaker

tiebreaker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Galimov.

Speaking of sleeper picks, this guy (if he comes over) would be a homerun. He plays in all scenarios for AkBars, and has been putting up 20-30 points in a professional league that doesn’t give attention to younger guys.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Do we lose his rights by then?

I grabbed this from theDraftAnalyst:

(d) Players Drafted from a Club Outside North America.
  1. (i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.
  2. (ii) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if a Player drafted at age 20 or older is drafted from a club outside North America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for his services through and including the second June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

This is all I'm able to find. We lose "exclusive right of negotiation" after the second June 1. I wonder if there exists a termination clause in Galimov's KHL contract because I read somewhere there had to be a termination clause...

While the NHL club would retain the exclusive rights for that player in the NHL, the player may still be able to play for an IIHF member league. Often, players who are drafted by NHL clubs are not ready to compete at the NHL level. Therefore, it is common for NHL clubs to allow their players to play for a club in an IIHF member league. Thus, the drafting NHL club could allow the player to develop his skills while playing for an IIHF member league. However, if this were to occur, the NHL club would require that the player contract between the player and an IIHF club would include a termination clause. This termination clause would come into effect if the player and the NHL club agree to a player contract.21

Maybe it's possible to get him to sign after this season?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Do we lose his rights by then?

I grabbed this from theDraftAnalyst:

This is all I'm able to find. We lose "exclusive right of negotiation" after the second June 1. I wonder if there exists a termination clause in Galimov's KHL contract because I read somewhere there had to be a termination clause...

Maybe it's possible to get him to sign after this season?

capfriendly is saying we retain his rights indefinitely

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I don't see anything more than a bottom pairing player in Benoit. Galimov has the skill to become top 6 player down the line.
Idk about that, he’d have to get a pretty steep spike in his development curve to become a true top 6 player, besides Malkin and Kuznetzov is there even a single true top 6 Russian center?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Galimov again, but at #15 Benoit is a solid pick as well. I was on his hype train the previous years anyway :laugh:

I agree that Benoit is more of a low-risk, low-reward pick here, where Galimov is a complete opposite, meaning that he probably can't be an effective 4th liner, but he could be a good top9, maybe even top6 (this is a bit longshot) option.
Here is his first point of the season. He shows off his offensive awareness there, makes a nice pause to get a better situation. I wonder if he actually wanted the puck to bounce off into a goal, it would be unreal if he really expected that pass to go through. It was also his birthday. I will say again, he is only 2 months older than Lundestrom but because of his overage draft status feels like he's 25 or something :laugh: he's not

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Galimov again, but at #15 Benoit is a solid pick as well. I was on his hype train the previous years anyway :laugh:

I agree that Benoit is more of a low-risk, low-reward pick here, where Galimov is a complete opposite, meaning that he probably can't be an effective 4th liner, but he could be a good top9, maybe even top6 (this is a bit longshot) option.
Here is his first point of the season. He shows off his offensive awareness there, makes a nice pause to get a better situation. I wonder if he actually wanted the puck to bounce off into a goal, it would be unreal if he really expected that pass to go through. It was also his birthday. I will say again, he is only 2 months older than Lundestrom but because of his overage draft status feels like he's 25 or something :laugh: he's not

To me it looks like he absolutely attempted to make that pass. He rips the pass between the defenseman's skates.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Idk about that, he’d have to get a pretty steep spike in his development curve to become a true top 6 player, besides Malkin and Kuznetzov is there even a single true top 6 Russian center?

I am not saing he's a surefire top 6 -player, just that I think his potential is higher than Benoit's. Also, the fact that there are only two top 6 Russian centers currently in the NHL has no impact on Galimov's progression.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If down the road our top9 centers are Zegras, McTavish and Galimov, our centers will have the sickest lettuce in the league:
b2503ed0eb79ea466a01d802ce9b0d35.png

Saw some vids from last season, Galimovs hair was crazier than in the pic but this was the best I got.

Didn't Groulx had some affro going on as well?

This could be the way to transition from Getzlafs leadership... infusing hair in our lineup. Maybe that's the plan. :sarcasm:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

God damn what a pass.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah, Galimov. Benoit is a #6 if things go right in my opinion. Has some nice elements but I’m not convinced he has the skating to be more than a “glass and out of the zone” type of defenseman.

To be honest I would have him ranked below McLaughlin too

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
At this point it really doesn't matter what order the following players go in: Galimov, Benoit, Mahura, Tschigerl, McLaughlin.

The odds are against them and if one of them becomes a top9 forward or quality 3rd pairing Dman than it's quite a success

Benoit could end up being a AHL player forever.

Galimov could be yet another one of those Russians who after coming over hardly produces anything and goes back to Russia.

McLaughlin could be like Wellinski an AHLer or worse a guy who's played in ECHL like Badini.

Mahura seems like a AHL type imo.
Could have a career there or in Europe.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watching AK Bars game now. Galimov goal disalowed, it was a redirect from a high stick. But he looks good out there, the only goal was scored after his line had some pressure in the O zone. Galimov changes and they scored

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad