• Gage Alexander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the thirteenth poll, I am voting for Sam Colangelo.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. C - Trevor Zegras (no change)
2. D - Jamie Drysdale (no change)
3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
9. LW - Sasha Pastujov (1st year)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (+1)
11. LW - Brayden Tracey (-3)
12. RW - Alexander Volkov (1st year)

Our notable graduates and departures are:

Max Comtois
Isac Lundestrom
Antoine Morand
Jack Kopacka
Matthew Hill​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Tough one for me between Moore and Colangelo, went with the latter but I expect Moore to win this one and Colangelo next. No clue who will round out our top 15 after that.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Shame that Colangelo continues to slip. Toss up for me on the next one between Moore, Galimov, and McLaughlin.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Tough one for me between Moore and Colangelo, went with the latter but I expect Moore to win this one and Colangelo next. No clue who will round out our top 15 after that.
After them there is Tschigerl whom listed quite a few times as a late round Steal on main boards, then perhaps Tyson Hinds whom the Ducks were quite high enough on to trade 2022 3rd for a 2021 3rd to get him.

I bet Hinds was gonna be the Ducks original 3rd round pick until it turned out Pastujov was still available for them.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
You guys are sleeping on Colangelo. He's gotta a lot of potential as a power wing with plus playmaking, shooting and has pretty decent speed. I kinda get some Jamie Benn/Wheeler vibes with his style

Last edited:

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
You guys are sleeping on Colangelo. He's gotta a lot of potential as a power wing with plus playmaking, shooting and has pretty decent speed. I kinda get some Jamie Benn/Wheeler vibes with his style

If our 13/14 best prospect has a similar style to Benn/Wheeler, then we are doing okay.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

He has not flashed any Benn/Wheeler upside whatsoever.... He is not nasty and does not shoot like Benn, and he doesn't have the exceptional size/speed of Wheeler. He didn't even look above average among his peers in the WJC.

How much he improves this year is going to be very telling on his upside. So far he looks like a bottom-6 with limited upside and brings nothing exceptional. Larger players develop later so hopefully he takes some big steps forward this season. Maybe he needs to be more committed to conditioning... like Bobby Ryan needed to do... they are similar sized players.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
He has not flashed any Benn/Wheeler upside whatsoever.... He is not nasty and does not shoot like Benn, and he doesn't have the exceptional size/speed of Wheeler. He didn't even look above average among his peers in the WJC.

How much he improves this year is going to be very telling on his upside. So far he looks like a bottom-6 with limited upside and brings nothing exceptional. Larger players develop later so hopefully he takes some big steps forward this season. Maybe he needs to be more committed to conditioning... like Bobby Ryan needed to do... they are similar sized players.

Like you said, bigger guys usually take longer to develop, last year was basiaclly a wasted year for him. He's already Benns size and I'm not expecting him to hit Benn or Wheelers offensive levels, or I wouldnt of ranked him this low. I've seen some of his leadership and nastiness in the USHL and also his shot is pretty good, thatll only get stronger as he grows. He's not Wheeler fast but he can move for a man his size

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Shame that Colangelo continues to slip. Toss up for me on the next one between Moore, Galimov, and McLaughlin.
Colanbgelo really didn't show much last year. He was generating shots in college but they were not going anywhere. Sad that he will not qualify for the next WJC due to his age, but he is still 19 (until very late of the year) and has a good potential. This upcoming year will show us a lot more to understand where he stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad