NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Championship Game: (2) Kansas City Chiefs vs (4) Cincinnati Bengals

KC vs CIN

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
People were right to question if he was a fluke coming out of college. But he is indeed the real deal.
People who didn't actually watch him for LSU were "right" maybe but if you actually watched him, he did literally everything a NFL scout or GM would want and much more. He was by far the easiest #1 pick in history as far as I'm concerned. Even over Manning and Luck. The ONLY reason anyone ever doubted him because he was surrounded by NFL talent at WR.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
People who didn't actually watch him for LSU were "right" maybe but if you actually watched him, he did literally everything a NFL scout or GM would want and much more. He was by far the easiest #1 pick in history as far as I'm concerned. Even over Manning and Luck. The ONLY reason anyone ever doubted him because he was surrounded by NFL talent at WR.

There was a little bit of question about his arm strength to if I remember right. Which seems just silly right now.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Wonder the odds for cincy to win the superbowl before the season started?
Example Bills were 3rd best at +1100
Cincys odds +80k or something crazy

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
the play call at the end of the half had to be into the end zone or incomplete. Can't believe they passed up 3 points to close the half. Mahomes is in year 5, so not a kid anymore.

Amazing the turnaround between the 2 halves. Even if the Mannings say that there are no real adjustments, sometimes that 12-15 minute breather is enough to change the momentum.

NFL today, so easy for teams to get pass happy.
It's really a max of 10 minutes when you subtract the time it takes for the entire team making it to the room and getting settled, and then going back to the field.

---

Upon reflection, the Chefs made a mistake dicking around at the end of regulation trying to milk the clock. They were down by three, not tied or down by one or two. All their efforts should have been on going for the TD that would probably win the game.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Analysts, players and coaches go on about this elusive "it factor" that players have which seperate the all time greats from everyone else.

I don't claim to know what that '"it" is, but I can tell you Joe Burrow most definitely has it.

yeah he definitely has it

and they have restored hope in taking QB’s high, and you’ll probably see teams trading even more if they think a guy has “it” to get up in the draft.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
yeah he definitely has it

and they have restored hope in taking QB’s high, and you’ll probably see teams trading even more if they think a guy has “it” to get up in the draft.

For every Joe Burrow, there is a Mitch Trubisky and Justin Fields for Chicago.

It is comforting to know that despite legendary sh** ownership, teams such as Arizona and Cincinatti have reached the Super Bowl.

Gives me solace that one day I'll maybe see the Detroit Lions win another playoff game before I die.

Reactions: darko and BSHH

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
For every Joe Burrow, there is a Mitch Trubisky and Justin Fields for Chicago.

It is comforting to know that despite legendary sh** ownership, teams such as Arizona and Cincinatti have reached the Super Bowl.

Gives me solace that one day I'll maybe see the Detroit Lions win another playoff game before I die.
Probably what cowboy fans are saying right now lol

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I haven't been around here much in the last week due to some personal issues, and those will likely continue for a few weeks or so. So for anyone that doesn't already have me on ignore, you fortunately won't need to see my posts often.

Tonight, however...I'll make an exception. I've been legitimately laughing for an hour. There's no way this is real. There's no way I can put this feeling into words; I would have been happy with the Raiders game alone. But this team outright refuses to die and I can't explain it. I legitimately have never, ever seen this before. When we went to Super Bowl XXIII, we were the best team in the AFC, but THIS team has handled adversity with aplomb after the Jets loss earlier in the year. I'm still at least partially convinced this is all a dream but I'm going to stay asleep for as long as it takes to keep this feeling going.

Thank you to @Blitzkrug and @Marc the Habs Fan for the shout-outs.

I'll try to not be devastated if they lose in two weeks. If they do lose, I'm not going to pollute this forum with endless shitposting. Honesltly, it just feels good that the Bengals aren't a joke anymore. They very well could get beaten in two weeks but they just beat the SB favorite Kansas City TikToks on their home field in the AFC Championship game. Joke teams don't do that.

No matter what happens in two weeks, I can't wait for next season to start. That, alone, is miraculous.

Love you all (well, almost all of you) and to all a good night. :)

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
I haven't been around here much in the last week due to some personal issues, and those will likely continue for a few weeks or so. So for anyone that doesn't already have me on ignore, you fortunately won't need to see my posts often.

Tonight, however...I'll make an exception. I've been legitimately laughing for an hour. There's no way this is real. There's no way I can put this feeling into words; I would have been happy with the Raiders game alone. But this team outright refuses to die and I can't explain it. I legitimately have never, ever seen this before. When we went to Super Bowl XXIII, we were the best team in the AFC, but THIS team has handled adversity with aplomb after the Jets loss earlier in the year. I'm still at least partially convinced this is all a dream but I'm going to stay asleep for as long as it takes to keep this feeling going.

Thank you to @Blitzkrug and @Marc the Habs Fan for the shout-outs.

I'll try to not be devastated if they lose in two weeks. If they do lose, I'm not going to pollute this forum with endless shitposting. Honesltly, it just feels good that the Bengals aren't a joke anymore. They very well could get beaten in two weeks but they just beat the SB favorite Kansas City TikToks on their home field in the AFC Championship game. Joke teams don't do that.

No matter what happens in two weeks, I can't wait for next season to start. That, alone, is miraculous.

Love you all (well, almost all of you) and to all a good night. :)
Good luck in the super bowl and all the best in whatever you're dealing with

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I realize I'm sitting on a couch critiquing the best in the world but the horrible mismanagement on the final set of downs before halftime started this downward spiral. Not throwing into the endzone there was an AWFUL mistake. Not sure if the blame falls on bad playcalling or Mahomes making a terrible decision, but either way it was bad.

Also, their final drive of regulation. You have first and goal and you're running out the clock, you run the ball three straight times there. They damn near didn't even make it to OT because they tried to get cute.

Mahomes looked extremely flustered the entire second half. I don't know if it was the coverages Cincy was throwing at him or what, but he looked completely lost.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Kudos to the Bengals defence for adjusting after getting torched on multiple drives. Burrow did not have to be a hero on every offensive drive to win because his defence gave him a chance unlike what happened with Allen.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's really a max of 10 minutes when you subtract the time it takes for the entire team making it to the room and getting settled, and then going back to the field.

Upon reflection, the Chefs made a mistake dicking around at the end of regulation trying to milk the clock. They were down by three, not tied or down by one or two. All their efforts should have been on going for the TD that would probably win the game.

Mahomes and Chiefs blew game at end of first half.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad