Prospect Info: 2021 2nd Rd Pick (#57 OA) - Matthew Knies (LW) - Tri-City (USHL)

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
heard from Friedman I believe that he would get signing bonus but we couldn’t afford performance bonuses? Not sure how this impedes on Knies signing. He looks ready to make the jump from the hand full of games/highlights I’ve seen.

Also, Koster looks really good.

I think any player would prefer a guaranteed signing bonus that hits your bank account on July 1st than performance ones you have to try and hit

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
In terms of cap space, do we have enough to give knies the bonus if we waive Timmins? Also would RoR be eligible for retroactive LTIR? Or has he not been hurt long enough

I think any player would prefer a guaranteed signing bonus that hits your bank account on July 1st than performance ones you have to try and hit

I would assume he would want both on ELCs the bonuses are what actually makes you the money.

Remember what we were told about marners

kb

Aug 28, 2009
In terms of cap space, do we have enough to give knies the bonus if we waive Timmins? Also would RoR be eligible for retroactive LTIR? Or has he not been hurt long enough

I would assume he would want both on ELCs the bonuses are what actually makes you the money.

They are not waiving Timmins. lol

If Knies wants bonuses, he can enjoy playing with the Marlies until his ELC is done.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
They are not waiving Timmins. lol

If Knies wants bonuses, he can enjoy playing with the Marlies until his ELC is done.

Or he can just wait a year and sign with whoever he wants especially with NCAA nil he will make more in the long run. Timmins is 8 Gus is 9 I'd rather lose either of them then knies

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
It's almost a certainty he signs and plays imo. No way he's going to forego signing bonuses/burning a year of RFA by playing another 2 years in college
Well
Or he can just wait a year and sign with whoever he wants especially with NCAA nil he will make more in the long run. Timmins is 8 Gus is 9 I'd rather lose either of them then knies
Isn't it two more years?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I heard Knies hasn't singed yet because he is mad Kerfoot stole his answer for the # of chicken nuggets to fill the goal crease lol

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It's 2 more years for Knies. The earliest possible date he can go UFA is August 15, 2025.

There is no need to waive anyone. Second rounders rarely get performance bonuses, and if he pushes for it, then he's not getting significant NHL time until his ELC is finished. Enjoy the Marlies.....lol

Toronto Maple Leafs Reserve List Players - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I had him leaving at 99% and Cooley at 100%.

I now have those at 75% and 95%, respectively.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Yes because signing bonuses are different than schedule bonuses.
So we’ll have enough room to give him the max signing bonus for an ELC under the CBA and his ELC salary and nothing else

Reactions: rocketman588

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It's 2 more years for Knies. The earliest possible date he can go UFA is August 15, 2025.

There is no need to waive anyone. Second rounders rarely get performance bonuses, and if he pushes for it, then he's not getting significant NHL time until his ELC is finished. Enjoy the Marlies.....lol

Toronto Maple Leafs Reserve List Players - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Plus I don’t think even our best stars got full schedule bonus’ that was one of Marner’s point of contention with Lou

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You over heard a convo between randoms and made a conclusion lol?
Same thing happened to me, I was at a Kitchener Rangers dinner where a few season ticket holders get invited.
This was when DeBoer was coaching the Devils. They were at the table next to me and I heard DeBoer tell Scott Stevens that Parise was leaving but they were still trying. I mentioned that on here and got roasted!!!!! but hey

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
His dream is to play with Matthews his favorite player. What other team would he hold out for to sign with? He is UFA in 2 years. Half the Minnesota roster will be gone next year, so there is nothing for him to go back to. The issues is signing bonuses and the Leafs have no cap space to fit him in this year. So he has to weigh burning 1 year off his ELC or having his ELC start next year but with a signing bonus.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Still it’s hard to know if those guys are truly friends, or if they are just speculating. at the end of the day, if he doesn’t sign, he doesn’t sign. It’s the way the NHL goes.
Looks like it's not a question anymore anyways

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Leafs played last game with an EBUG so they'd still be able to sign him while Murray is injured. Most NCAA players who are any good don't wait to become UFAs either. Whole lot of worrying for nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad