Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part X: With that new forum smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Friedman's words were.... I think Avs have interest in Giroux and I think Giroux has interest in the Avs, so whatever that meant back then, whether Friedman actually heard something or was just his opinion, but whatever. We'll see what happens in few days
I mean he can have interest in both teams.

It’s the equivalent of saying I really like cookie dough ice cream but mint chocolate chip is a better flavor. So maybe Giroux would be more than ok with a bowl of cookie dough but his preference is mint chocolate chip.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I doubt Giroux would nix a trade to Avs. He knows he can go there and have a good chance to win the cup and then he can go wherever he wants in the summer.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
This is the healthy playoff lineup I'd like to see at this point.

Landy - MacK - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Burky
Crouse - Newhook - Giroux
LOC - Sturm - NAK

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - EJ

Extra Forwards - Maltsev, Helm, MacDermid
Extra Defenseman - JJ, Murray

We don't have the assets for Crouse and Giroux

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Although I still would be fine spending premium assets on Giroux. I would much rather see them use it on a player that they feel has a higher chance of resigning (Hertl, Copp) or has term (Miller, Gourde, Hagel). There just seems to be a lot of smoke with Giroux that he may just go back to Philly after this year or stay on the East Coast. Pure speculation of course.

Even getting a player whose an expiring RFA (Crouse) is starting to feel like a better choice with our limited assets. Theres going to be a lot of turnover this offseason with so many UFAs. I think Sakic is going to value a guy that he knows can stick around for a few more up runs especially if he's going to spending top dollar. If a similar package for Giroux gets you Crouse + Kessel (50% retention), I wouldn't hate it at all.

Last edited:

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I feel like its going to be someone fast and good defensively, and it really needs to be someone who doesn't take penalties because Manson will definitely be getting some. I was also looking at Sturm's college career and he was a faceoff wizard (something like 61%??) and also won some defensive forward accolades. That's NCAA so you temper it but players tend to get better at faceoffs and defense with experience, so he's a fantastic replacement for Jost. I think we need one more guy like that though. Jankrok might be a very affordable piece in that regard.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He’s also Nichushkin insurance in case he wants to his the open market. You can’t have too many guys like that. I have a feeling Joe would have tried to use Jost as a piece towards Crouse if he was a realistic option though. I have a feeling the cost might be too high but god damn I love him.
I think the report a couple weeks ago was that Arizona does not want to move Crouse, see him as part of the future there, and would want a 1st+ if they did move him...

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
The Avs don't need a big name. Two solid 3rd liners would completely transform the bottom six and is totally doable this deadline at a reasonable price.

In a vacuum, I'd much rather have Giroux or Hertl than two smaller pieces. What if Kadri gets suspended again? What if the i-word strikes again? What if someone loses their spleen? I'd rather have a player who really moves the needle, who can "anchor" our third line and can seamlessly jump into a top-6 role if needed.

For me, the only question is cost of acquisition. If we have to pay an arm and a leg to get a short-term rental versus paying a much smaller cost to get two good pieces or one good piece with term and one supporting piece, then I'm not as sure.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
IDK, I just get the feeling Friedman is throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. I do think it will either be Colorado or Florida though

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

I'm a little sad, mostly because he and JT are about the only thing I can stand on Altitude's original programming - the haunted house thing was fantastic.

I don't think he's a bad player at all, he's just not heavy and strong enough to be great at the way he's had to adapt to playing. He's clearly nowhere near the offensive player scouts thought he would be, and he's worked really hard to keep himself in the NHL -- imagine if he was trying to float along as an offense first player? I'll always respect him for that. He's just not a great fit on a team that needs it's bottom six to be heavy to play against.

Reactions: Bensch88

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I have a feeling giroux has told his agent it's only Florida or Colorado and the bidding war will begin.

I still want Vlad namestiknov back though as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad