Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 13: there giroux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Dvorak will cost at least a 1st. MTL traded a 1st for him.

Not my favourite option but I wouldn't be against that. He's a 3C who can match up against opponents top lines and put up ~40 points, signed for 4 playoff runs at a manageable $4.45m caphit. Rather that than Copp as a rental.

The issue with Dvorak though would be that you'd have to find an extra ~$1.5m in capspace somewhere unless you use the LTIR loophole with Landeskog. So you're probably including one of Compher or Murray the other way as well.

Reactions: hughdreamz

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Domi, Copp or who ever I don’t really care at this point. Only time will tell. The most important thing is that Joe is still looking to add and improve. Maybe he over pay? Maybe he swing’s
And misses? Who cares. We are in a position to win and he has to try with what’s available.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I dont think the Avs have the assets to pull it off, but getting Crouse + Gourde would nuts, that's how you can run 3 lines that can produce offense easily, a heavy forecheck line that wears teams down, and a defensive shut down line all in one go.
Yup. Or Crouse and Copp. Even Crouse and Dvorak who have familiarity playing together.

Either way I want Crouse and a centre.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I dont think the Avs have the assets to pull it off, but getting Crouse + Gourde would nuts, that's how you can run 3 lines that can produce offense easily, a heavy forecheck line that wears teams down, and a defensive shut down line all in one go.

2023 1st + Barron for Gourde
2024 1st + Kaut/Ranta/Bowers/JTC/other picks for Crouse

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I get the hard pass on Kessel part, hotdogs aren't for everyone.

... But Jost over Kessel? :huh:
It's no longer about Jost. Kessel is bestowed qualities as a SC passenger that don't apply to him. Yes he won a SC with Crosby and Malkin. But he's been ghastly (one might even say ghostly) since we've seen him several times as a Coyote. It's similar with Hall.

Crouse is a much better target. If you want one dimensional players, Clutterbuck is better. It's hard to score but not so hard for guys like Clutterbuck to do what they do.

Reactions: Richard88

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
TML are getting left in the dust by Florida, Tampa, and Boston at this TDL
1647739615164.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier