Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part 4: Because I don't like Roman numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
If Philadelphia see Compher as a player/contract they don't want to take, could you instead move Compher to the team doing double retention, instead of a 3rd/4th pick?

There were rumours at the ExD (from Seravalli iirc) that Seattle were picking Compher, so perhaps there's still interest there and willingnes to do something like this:

To Philadelphia: 1st + Helleson
To Colorado: Giroux (75% retained, ~$2.1m)
To Seattle: Compher

In a heartbeat lol

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So where we at on Giroux to Col? E2? E3?

*peek into the future*

Friedman in the post-deadline podcast: "I hear that Colorado was in the race up until last night but ultimately Fletcher decided to go with the offer from the Rangers because he really likes Kravtsov. Colorado was offering a pick and a prospect."

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
*peek into the future*

Friedman in the post-deadline podcast: "I hear that Colorado was in the race up until last night but ultimately Fletcher decided to go with the offer from the Rangers because he really likes Kravtsov. Colorado was offering a pick and a prospect."

The nameless insider is going to love that.

Reactions: The Moops

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
*peek into the future*

Seravalli, 5 minutes after the deadline: "I can confirm that Colorado have acquired Tyler Motte from the Vancouver Canucks for a 2024 4th round pick."

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I guess if it's any consolation I don't recall Fletcher making any trades in Minnesota he actually won. One in particular has to be hands down the worst trade in that franchise's history.
He effectively traded a 1st round pick (14th overall), 2 2nd's (likely early 2nd's), a 7th, Gostisbehere, and a 6D for one year of Ristolainen. It still amazes me whenever I see that written out... and it's going to look even worse too once Arizona flip Gostisbehere :laugh: :help:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
These Giroux lineups are too much.

upload_2022-2-7_17-35-29.gif

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Can we get Lehkonen and Giroux?

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Giroux - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nuke - Newhook - Lehkonen
LOC - Maltsev - NAK

Imagine that 3rd line in the playoffs.

I’d rather get another D over Lehkonen. Montreal will likely want too much for him even though he’d be perfect.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Can we get Lehkonen and Giroux?

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Giroux - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nuke - Newhook - Lehkonen
LOC - Maltsev - NAK

Imagine that 3rd line in the playoffs.
That would be very nice indeed. Realistically though I can't see Sakic paying what it would take to get Lehkonen after paying up for Giroux. It would also be very unlike Sakic to cause too much roster turnover in the middle of a season.

For the sake of argument though, I suppose we could do something like:

1st + Helleson + Jost + 4th for Giroux (75% ret.)
2nd + Ranta for Lehkonen (50%)

We'd probably be better off going after a RHD after Giroux though, unless of course Byram returns before the deadline, in which case:

Landeskog -- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ----- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Giroux -------- Newhook ---- Lehkonen
O'Connor ------ Maltsev ----- NAK
MacDermid

Toews -- Makar
Byram -- Girard
Murray -- EJ
JJ

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I’d rather get another D over Lehkonen. Montreal will likely want too much for him even though he’d be perfect.

I just dont think the Defense is in need of a major upgrade. We give up some of the lowest xGA in the league, and we do an excellent job at suppressing offense. I think if we need a Dman, it should be a cheap 5/6/7 sort that bumps Johnson down a spot and adds additional injury insurance. Outside of that I dont see Defense as a need at all.

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Murray - ????
JMFJ - MacDonald

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
You know, if Sakic wants to be aggressive it's not outside the realm of possibility to add Giroux and Lehkonen. We'd probably be giving up essentially more than a full years worth of draft picks/prospects, but at least Lehkonen would be an RFA rather than pure rental so that could be viewed as an expedited off-season trade.

With double retention on Giroux and 50% retention on Lehkonen we'd only have to give up Compher to make room and we'd still have ~$1.5m in capspace with a full 23 man roster.

upload_2022-2-8_1-1-42.png

upload_2022-2-8_1-2-10.png

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I just dont think the Defense is in need of a major upgrade. We give up some of the lowest xGA in the league, and we do an excellent job at suppressing offense. I think if we need a Dman, it should be a cheap 5/6/7 sort that bumps Johnson down a spot and adds additional injury insurance. Outside of that I dont see Defense as a need at all.

Toews - Makar
Girard - EJ
Murray - ????
JMFJ - MacDonald
I wonder if Luke Schenn couldn't partner Girard. He's doing really well in a stay-at-home role next to Quinn Hughes so theoretically he should be able to do a solid enough defensive job next to Girard too.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You know, if Sakic wants to be aggressive it's not outside the realm of possibility to add Giroux and Lehkonen. We'd probably be giving up essentially more than a full years worth of draft picks/prospects, but at least Lehkonen would be an RFA rather than pure rental so that could be viewed as an expedited off-season trade.

With double retention on Giroux and 50% retention on Lehkonen we'd only have to give up Compher to make room and we'd still have ~$1.5m in capspace with a full 23 man roster.

View attachment 505408

View attachment 505409

It can definitely be done.

Just a matter of how all in Sakic is willing to go. But IMO this is our best chance left to truly go for it. Our 1st and 2nd line Centers are making a combined $10.8M. We need to take advantage of that ridiculous stat before our 1C alone is making well over that number.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Flyers fans are about to be upset if Giroux gets moved, no matter what team he ends up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad