Burakovsky- Kadri- Nichushkin
Lehkonen- Newhook- Cogliano
MacDermid- Sturm- Compher

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - JJ

Scratches -
EJ, Murray, Aube Kubel, Helm, O'Connor

Don't think we'll see Cogliano higher than the 4th line. It'll either be Sturm or Compher unless there are injuries.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Landeskog-Mack-Rantanen, no need to get cute, this line works. Especially with our home advantage. Mismatch for anyone.
Nuke-Kadri-Bura - no need to worry about match ups cause nuke will carry the load defensively and forechecking
Lehkonen-Newhook-LOC - perfect guys to insulate newhook, tenacious line. Playoff line.
Helm-Sturm-Compher/McDermid/NAK, this line wont be mismatched by much.

We basically don't have a single line with too much defensive deficiencies for their match up cause we have guys who can carry the load. Each line can also produce.

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Murray/Byram-EJ

Reactions: TomppaKoo
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Landeskog-Mack-Rantanen, no need to get cute, this line works. Especially with our home advantage. Mismatch for anyone.
Nuke-Kadri-Bura - no need to worry about match ups cause nuke will carry the load defensively and forechecking
Lehkonen-Newhook-LOC - perfect guys to insulate newhook, tenacious line. Playoff line.

We basically don't have a single line with too much defensive deficiencies for their match up cause we have guys who can carry the load. Each line can also produce.

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Murray/Byram-EJ
Where is JTC? You know Bednar is going to be playing his boi.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Nuke- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Burakovsky- Kadri- Landy
Lehkonen- Newhook- JTC
Cogliano- Sturm- LoC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - EJ

I think putting Landy on the second line to give us more depth is the way to go.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Murray/Byram-EJ
I'd rather have LOC on the 4th line. He's more effective in that role with limited minutes.

I think Sturm can work at 3C given that he won't be expected to drive the line or score, because that will be up to Lehkonen and Newhook. That line could also do with a big body for board battles, we already saw him make a nice setup for Newhook off the boards last game against Edmonton for example.

Lehkoken - Sturm - Newhook
Helm/Cog - Maltsev - JTC/LOC

Big centers in your bottom 6 is a recipe that works in the playoffs. Then it's just a matter of if you prefer JTCs RHS face-offs and shot over LOC's energy.

I'm also a proponent of a shutdown like of Lehkonen-Sturm-Nichuskin.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd rather have LOC on the 4th line. He's more effective in that role with limited minutes.

I think Sturm can work at 3C given that he won't be expected to drive the line or score, because that will be up to Lehkonen and Newhook. That line could also do with a big body for board battles, we already saw him make a nice setup for Newhook off the boards last game against Edmonton for example.

Lehkoken - Sturm - Newhook
Helm/Cog - Maltsev - JTC/LOC

Big centers in your bottom 6 is a recipe that works in the playoffs. Then it's just a matter of if you prefer JTCs RHS face-offs and shot over LOC's energy.

I'm also a proponent of a shutdown like of Lehkonen-Sturm-Nichuskin.
Lehkonen-Landeskog-Nichushkin

[edit...Hell, that might be next seasons second line.]

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Where is JTC? You know Bednar is going to be playing his boi.

The way Sturm is playing with Newhook I'd be inclined to roll with a 3rd line of Lehkonen-Sturm-Newhook.

Compher probably gets in ahead of some other guys on the 4th line due to his RHS face-offs and more offense, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Bednar drop him to go with more of a buzzsaw 4th line with Cogliano-Helm-O'Connor like we saw in the last game against Philadelphia.

Also love that we also have the option of going full beef-mode with a 4th line of MacDermid-Maltsev-NAK if you want to really try to wear opponent's down physically.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
The way Sturm is playing with Newhook I'd be inclined to roll with a 3rd line of Lehkonen-Sturm-Newhook.

Compher probably gets in ahead of some other guys on the 4th line due to his RHS face-offs and more offense, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see Bednar drop him to go with more of a buzzsaw 4th line with Cogliano-Helm-O'Connor like we saw in the last game against Philadelphia.

Also love that we also have the option of going full beef-mode with a 4th line of MacDermid-Maltsev-NAK if you want to really try to wear opponent's down physically.

Any chance Burakovsky sits? How long can we risk playing him and hope he gets out of this slump? after the 1st round?

Without Bura, there's a few guys that can slot in on that 2nd line: Newhook, JTC and Lehkonen.

I would start with Newhook on the 2nd line and run:

Lehkonen-Sturm-JTC
Coglinao-Helm- LOC.

Also have to find a spot in the lineup for Macdermid. (rotate with LOC or 7th defensemen?)

It's unlikely that Bura sits, so I'd say NAK,LOC and Macdermid are the odd forwards out.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Don’t be too critical of forsbergavs32. If @Foppberg was moderator, he’d forever enshrine JTC in our beloved Avs forum. He’d be the Putin of the Avs forum. Mr. Burn It All Down
do-you-have-a-problem-with-that-whats-your-problem.gif

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Not what I think we'll see but what I want to see:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Kadri - Burakovsky
Newhook - Sturm - Nichuskin
Cogliano - Maltsev/Compher - Compher/LOC
Maltsev/LOC/Helm/NAK

- reunite 9296 when we need some offense

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - EJ
Murray, MacDermid, JJ

I have to say, I'm not sure I've seen a deeper Avs team in recent memory.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
With Bo coming back I wonder what sort of combos we see ran. Last game they broke up Makar and Toews for larger chunks of the game and with the fluidity of the defensive pairs I wouldn’t be shocked to see Bo get a chance with Makar for a few shifts. However I think most of us think he’ll be playing beside Manson. I think the first game back we’ll see a rotation of the second and third pair as both getting limited ice time. I also think MacDermaid will be in the lineup as a forward to try and deter any funny business and potentially cover for any inuries.

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson
JJ-EJ

LakewoodAvsFan

Oct 16, 2019
Lakewood, CO
Burky has looked better in the last 2 games on the 1st line. Maybe Mack is yelling at him on the bench.

Burakovsky- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Nuke - Kadri- Landy (nightmare line to play against opponents top line)
Lehkonen- Newhook- JTC
Cogliano- Sturm- LoC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - EJ

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Burky has looked better in the last 2 games on the 1st line. Maybe Mack is yelling at him on the bench.

Burakovsky- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Nuke - Kadri- Landy (nightmare line to play against opponents top line)
Lehkonen- Newhook- JTC
Cogliano- Sturm- LoC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - EJ

Bednar will probably put JTC at Center not Newhook. Also I would guess Manson goes to Byram for protection.

All this talent and no one can win a faceoff

Last edited:
Reactions: Reparlana

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Seems there is a chance EJ could be the one sitting. Since January 1st (40+ games) EJ is 7th in TOI/game.

1)Makar
2)Toews
3)Girard
4)Byram
5)JMFJ
6)Manson
7)EJ
8)Murray
9)MacDermid

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Seems there is a chance EJ could be the one sitting. Since January 1st (40+ games) EJ is 7th in TOI/game.

1)Makar
2)Toews
3)Girard
4)Byram
5)JMFJ
6)Manson
7)EJ
8)Murray
9)MacDermid

Fair assumption to make based on ice time, but to be devils advocate, maybe JJ is getting more minutes to allow for EJ to have more energy come playoffs. Bednar tends to like his RHD with LHD.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Landeskog-Mack-Rantanen - lets not try to be too smart; this works
Nuke-Kadri-Burakovsky
Lehkonen-Sturm-Newhook
Cogliano-Helm-JTC

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Byram-EJ
Murray-JJ

Ad

Upcoming events