Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Could see a Armia-Evans-Gallagher line... With Lehkonen replacing Armia when he's off.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Moving on. I don't think you are comprehending what I am saying and I do think a legit #1C is nice to add for sure. You are a bit too cranky on this topic and it's not a "blaming" narrative. It's context on our ability to pull it off.

It's not a "nice to have", it's a strategic imperative. People like you have been supplying this "context to pull it off" as an excuse for 25 years. There is no excuse. There are 3-4 of these players in the next 2 drafts...

Stop with the emotional projection stuff, it just makes me smile, it's cute. Moving on means "not replying".

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not a "nice to have", it's a strategic imperative. People like you have been supplying this "context to pull it off" as an excuse for 25 years. There is no excuse. There are 3-4 of these players in the next 2 drafts...

Stop with the emotional projection stuff, it just makes me smile, it's cute. Moving on means "not replying".

I don't agree with how you handled this conversation. Way to cranky for me and poor choice of words. So no more context for you to twist. Just remember you started the conversation by deleting parts of the post and your opening line was "Talk about a shit argument". It wasn't even an argument unto you made it one :laugh:

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't agree with how you handled this conversation. Way to cranky for me and poor choice of words. So no more context for you to twist. Just remember you started the conversation by deleting parts of the post and your opening line was "Talk about a shit argument". It wasn't even an argument unto you made it one :laugh:

Thought you were moving on? Apparently not.

My critique was of your argument (and you did make an argument that because of cap space issues we can't do X - it's a shit argument), not your actions, person or emotions.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Based on preseason.....

Toffoli - Suzuki - CC
Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson
Hoffman - Evans - Gally
Lehks - Poehling - Armia

That is 4 balanced lines.

Colour me tickled with Dvorak so far. When did KK ever have a 3 point night? Preseason or otherwise?

Jul 6, 2016
While waiting for Hoffman to show up, I would start the season with these.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Gallagher
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Caufield
Perreault-Poehling or Paquette-Lehkonen

Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard
Kulak-Chiarot

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
While waiting for Hoffman to show up, I would start the season with these.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Gallagher
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Caufield
Perreault-Poehling or Paquette-Lehkonen

Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard
Kulak-Chiarot

Caufield is 100% starting with Suzuki, flip those two and I think you are right.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
To start the year

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Dvorak Anderson
Armia Evans Gallagher
Perrault Poehling Lehkonen
Paquette
IR: Hoffman, Byron

Edmundson Petry
Chariot Savard
Romanov Kulak
Niku Wideman

so with Hoffman out we will either roll with those forwards and 8 D or an AHL forward gets the spot opening night. If Pezzetta has another big game hopefully they reward him with that spot

Jul 6, 2016
Caufield is 100% starting with Suzuki, flip those two and I think you are right.
Why should he ? He is still 21 and has still lots to learn. Playing on a sheltered 3rd line + PP would be beneficial for his development. Evans and Armia can open space for him to shoot and score a lot. + Gally at 6,5 M$ won't accept to play 14 minutes on a 3rd line.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Why should he ? He is still 21 and has still lots to learn. Playing on a sheltered 3rd line + PP would be beneficial for his development. Evans and Armia can open space for him to shoot and score a lot. + Gally at 6,5 M$ won't accept to play 14 minutes on a 3rd line.

Because he looked great with Suzuki in the playoffs, and the regar season, and have been playing together in the pre season. The whole he's just 21 thing is ridiculous, he got a chance on the top line and has yet to provide a reason to take him off it. Why punish him for doing well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To start the year

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Dvorak Anderson
Armia Evans Gallagher
Perrault Poehling Lehkonen
Paquette
IR: Hoffman, Byron

Edmundson Petry
Chariot Savard
Romanov Kulak
Niku Wideman

so with Hoffman out we will either roll with those forwards and 8 D or an AHL forward gets the spot opening night. If Pezzetta has another big game hopefully they reward him with that spot

That looks like how it will start.

We'll see if Poehling (or Vejdemo) can steal Paquette's spot. And if Guhle can bump Kulak out of the top 6.

I think those are the only two question marks. Norlinder will almost certainly go back to Sweden.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That looks like how it will start.

We'll see if Poehling (or Vejdemo) can steal Paquette's spot. And if Guhle can bump Kulak out of the top 6.

I think those are the only two question marks. Norlinder will almost certainly go back to Sweden.
They will send Guhle back to junior, no chance they rush another first-round pick right after the KK story.

We don't even have a spot for him right now.

Edmundson
Chiarot
Romanov

on the left side.

Next year they'll let Chiarot walk and Guhle will probably make the team out of camp.

Reactions: Archijerej

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They will send Guhle back to junior, no chance they rush another first-round pick right after the KK story.

We don't even have a spot for him right now.

Edmundson
Chiarot
Romanov

on the left side.

Next year they'll let Chiarot walk and Guhle will probably make the team out of camp.

Kk and Guhle are two different cases... in the unlikely scenario Guhle is ready, Chiarot moves to the right... As if now, it's Kulak on the right.

But I wouldn't advocate keeping Guhle just because he can beat out Kulak in the top 6. I'd only keep him if it's best for his long term development.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why are they different cases?

Every player is different.

Some are ready earier than others. Also Kk made the team right out of the draft. This is Guhle's 2nd year after the draft..

But note, I'm not saying he's ready. Just because he looked good in 1 preseason game, doesn't mean I think he's ready.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Every player is different.

Some are ready earier than others. Also Kk made the team right out of the draft. This is Guhle's 2nd year after the draft..

But note, I'm not saying he's ready. Just because he looked good in 1 preseason game, doesn't mean I think he's ready.
Yeah well even if he looks ready they should send him down and tell him to focus on his offensive game. Clearly, his defensive game already looks NHL-ready.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah well even if he looks ready they should send him down and tell him to focus on his offensive game. Clearly, his defensive game already looks NHL-ready.

I like this take.

I'm not in favor of keeping him up if it in any way hinders his long term development. An argument can be made, he will clearly better develop his offensive game in Junior. I'm not ready to make that argument definitively, but I could see someone making it definitively. But I lean heavily towards it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wideman to the AHL? Was not impressed with him last night and that was a game with over half of the rosters as non NHL players. He's out of my picture unless he shows me more.

I'm thinking Norlinder and Niku are the ones we go with. Not sure if Norlinder makes it or not if Niku shows ability to be a full time guy with Chiarot. Too early and we need to see a bit more.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Wideman to the AHL? Was not impressed with him last night and that was a game with over half of the rosters as non NHL players. He's out of my picture unless he shows me more.

I'm thinking Norlinder and Niku are the ones we go with. Not sure if Norlinder makes it or not if Niku shows ability to be a full time guy with Chiarot. Too early and we need to see a bit more.
You really thought Norlinder showed more than Wideman last night? The kid was invisible the whole game...He's clearly getting sent back home.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You really thought Norlinder showed more than Wideman last night? The kid was invisible the whole game...He's clearly getting sent back home.

I felt Wideman tried to show his puck moving ability against non NHL players and it didn't look good. Norlinder didn't shine but he's focusing on the intangibles which I believe is what the coaches are asking him to do.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I found Wideman ok me, nothing awesome but he show that he can be an interesting option on the PP2

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not sure either but between him and Kulak, At least Wideman is a RD and he can contribute on the PP.

I think we are counting Wideman to move the puck and I don't see too much value so far. I'm hard on him yes but if he is taking a spot away from Romanov, Niku, Norlinder, he needs to shine more

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I felt Wideman tried to show his puck moving ability against non NHL players and it didn't look good. Norlinder didn't shine but he's focusing on the intangibles which I believe is what the coaches are asking him to do.
Oh well I thought he did fine, showed some poise with the puck on his stick.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig