Speculation: 2021-22 LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Nashville game, I thought, LA played decent in. Just Suro's stole that one.

Yep, LAK was definitely the better team in that game...it happens.

Agree, didn't mean to lump those games together in terms of performance at all. Just that they were speedbumps as they were both Ls.

Serious question (maybe a stupid one too...not my first) for those more educated on the topic: is it possible for Kopitar to move to the wing successfully in a year or so to make room down the middle for QB, Turc, etc.? Obviously that's under the assumption that he doesn't regain his elite form. Even a 3rd line winger. Is that possible for him to be a decent 2nd or 3rd line winger in his last few years? Or is his style of play simply Center or bust?

I think he'd be best at 3C if he's slowing down because he's still a defensive monster with wingspan, but if in his twilight years you're running something like Byfield-Danault-Helenius down the middle may as well just turn him loose on the wing to just play offense. It's tough to say because we've never NOT seen him try to play all 200 ft. I don't even know if you COULD deprogram a coach's kid to NOT play D down low behind his net, heh.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Brown has not been nearly as bad as some are saying, I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading. If this team had been able to properly draft and develop top 6 players we have Brown as a very effective bottom six veteran player on what is likely a playoff team.

The Kings are a low scoring team and Brown (playing all over the lineup) has produced a at what amounts to a 37 point pace, with all but one of those points coming at ES. To blame Brown for the scoring issues of some people or complain about QB making his season debut centering one of the alltime great players in franchise history seems a bit unfair.

I've been harder on him than most all season but he has just continued to produce and even the advanced stats call me a liar. But that's for the season. For the last 3 games he's been an unmitigated tire fire who can't even move his feet. That's my chief complaint.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
You could maybe change your tone, the "You don't get it" when discussing intangible stuff just makes you sound like a jerk. The person you are talking with has clearly shown solid knowledge of the game in his years posting here.
How do I double like this post? Make that a double-double like with fries and a shake.
double-double-at-in-n.jpg

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kings are 5-4 in January thus far -- two of those losses, a pretty good argument could be made that the Kings were the better team (NSH/COL). Hell, even the TBL game was winnable. These are not the same losses we've become accustomed to the previous few seasons -- and this has really been happening all season long (it's almost like losing when you are the better team is more frustrating).

Kempe will be back soon, Byfield will be emerging shortly -- the second half awaits us and there is no reason to not be optimistic....LETS GO.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings are 5-4 in January thus far -- two of those losses, a pretty good argument could be made that the Kings were the better team (NSH/COL). Hell, even the TBL game was winnable. These are not the same losses we've become accustomed to the previous few seasons -- and this has really been happening all season long (it's almost like losing when you are the better team is more frustrating).

Kempe will be back soon, Byfield will be emerging shortly -- the second half awaits us and there is no reason to not be optimistic....LETS GO.

yup, if at the start of the year if you were asked to take LA's record at this point most would have. There are lots of warts, but team is trending in the right direction.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This is how I’d go on the road trip.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Fagemo (or Turcotte) - Byfield- Brown
Lemieux - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Andersson - Doughty
Wolanin - Roy
Björnfot - Durzi

Scratch- Andersson, AA (Frk on taxi), Maatta
Ontario- Kupari and Fagemo/Turcotte (No point in them sitting)

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Andersson - Doughty
Wolanin - Roy
Björnfot - Durzi

Unfortunately Kempe wont' be available for another game or two as they mentioned last night. I'd bring Fagemo on the trip for that reason. And personally I'd roll Turcotte-Byfield-Brown but everyone knows that :P But otherwise yeah send down the kids so they don't just rot on the bench as between AA, Grundstrom, Andersson we have enough scratches that will be returning to action.

Reactions: Statto

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Unfortunately Kempe wont' be available for another game or two as they mentioned last night. I'd bring Fagemo on the trip for that reason. And personally I'd roll Turcotte-Byfield-Brown but everyone knows that :P But otherwise yeah send down the kids so they don't just rot on the bench as between AA, Grundstrom, Andersson we have enough scratches that will be returning to action.
Thanks. I knew he was going on the trip but I forgot they still allow a bit longer in the US. We are down to 5 days here if you don’t have symptoms. So yes, take Fagemo.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thanks. I knew he was going on the trip but I forgot they still allow a bit longer in the US. We are down to 5 days here if you don’t have symptoms. So yes, take Fagemo.

I'm just excited to have byfield on this trip. He really really made the lineup look 'complete' last night by giving us a functional third line with an identity, a guy to take the bull by the horns. Turcotte was fantastic but he wasn't quite there yet, and he'll never be the dual-threat byfield is anyway.

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
Captain Smith said the same thing after leaving Queenstown, Ireland after a short delay.
I'm just excited to have byfield on this trip. He really really made the lineup look 'complete' last night by giving us a functional third line with an identity, a guy to take the bull by the horns. Turcotte was fantastic but he wasn't quite there yet, and he'll never be the dual-threat byfield is anyway.

Captain Smith said the same thing just before leaving Queenstown, Ireland after a short delay.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Andersson - Doughty
Wolanin - Roy
Björnfot - Durzi

I agree with this, but would rather have Turcotte in than Fagemo. Also Grundstrom is missing so one of him Andersson or AA likely need to be waived.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Just a dream, but if we made Brown-Kopi-Doughty disappear and gain 27 million in cap space. Just think of the depth and team we can put together with cap space and prospects(assets).

Reactions: kinghock

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Just a dream, but if we made Brown-Kopi-Doughty disappear and gain 27 million in cap space. Just think of the depth and team we can put together with cap space and prospects(assets).

IF you made those three disappear, we are screwed........your top C at that point is Danault...who is good...but not a top C.... your top D is who....Durzi? Roy? I mean with the exception of Brown, you are literally talking about hall of famers....which any team right now, would LOVE to have on their team....

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
No team could take them on without salary coming back or retention. I think Doughty would agree to a Toronto trade so him and JAD (maybe another add like Moore) for Marner and Holl/Dermott. Kopitar with retention may get you a first, Fiala and Wallstedt. No retention youd have to take back salary on a guy like Monahan.
I dont think there is a team in the market for players with their salary and price tag though so youre right its definitely just a dream.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
It's a bit encouraging that the team is this good with special teams being as bad as they are. I'm used to the power play being bad but the PK is somehow even worse now. It's costing them points in the standings, big time. It is fixable, but not easily. Would be way more concerning if they were terrible at even strength, in my opinion.

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's a bit encouraging that the team is this good with special teams being as bad as they are. I'm used to the power play being bad but the PK is somehow even worse now. It's costing them points in the standings, big time. It is fixable, but not easily. Would be way more concerning if they were terrible at even strength, in my opinion.

Yep...

PK/PP are terrible. Stupid self inflicted mistakes. Lots of absences and a lack of scoring. Rookies haven't quite started to break through. Vets are starting to look like they're slowing down.

Yet....still at an over 90 point pace having had myriad absences and one of the toughest schedules in the NHL and being a top-tier dominant 5v5 team even vs. the powerhouses. All I wanted was progress and we're getting it.

Reactions: BigBrown

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yep...

PK/PP are terrible. Stupid self inflicted mistakes. Lots of absences and a lack of scoring. Rookies haven't quite started to break through. Vets are starting to look like they're slowing down.

Yet....still at an over 90 point pace having had myriad absences and one of the toughest schedules in the NHL and being a top-tier dominant 5v5 team even vs. the powerhouses. All I wanted was progress and we're getting it.

You sure man?, during those GDTs, I thought you were stroking out sometimes lmao.....just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad