Rumor: 2021-2022 Trade Rumors and FA Part VI: Lets see how well Sakic can Hagel

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
-Was on the phone with multiple sources, so Dater is confident.
-Colorado preferred destination, Minny and St Louis alternatives.
-Fletcher will want to honor request of Giroux.
-Jost the other way, for sure.
-One of Ranta, Barron, Helleson. Behrens a possibility (Pioneers were scouted)
-+ Mid-range pick.
-Similar to Regehr for Fleury, does Sakic want to do this?
-Giroux may want to play 1000 games with Flyers.

Nothing too new, but Dater is confident

from the last thread, what's behind Dater's paywall.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
-Was on the phone with multiple sources, so Dater is confident.
-Colorado preferred destination, Minny and St Louis alternatives.
-Fletcher will want to honor request of Giroux.
-Jost the other way, for sure.
-One of Ranta, Barron, Helleson. Behrens a possibility (Pioneers were scouted)
-+ Mid-range pick.
-Similar to Regehr for Fleury, does Sakic want to do this?
-Giroux may want to play 1000 games with Flyers.

Nothing too new, but Dater is confident

So

Jost
One of Ranta/Barron/Helleson/Behrens
Mid-range pick

Yeah I'd do that yesterday. Not giving up a first is huge. I do pay attention to Dater when he specifically says 'I've been told', and not very often does he act this confident in information. Usually he lays down multiple options to cover his ass.

Either Giroux is using Minny/St Louis as leverage because he doesn't want Sakic to back down, or Philly is using it to get a bit of a better price.

Either way get Giroux to Denver ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Pat80

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So

Jost
One of Rantan/Barron/Helleson/Behrens
Mid-range pick

Yeah I'd do that yesterday. Not giving up a first is huge. I do pay attention to Dater when he specifically says 'I've been told', and not very often does he act this confident in information. Usually he lays down multiple options to cover his ass.

Either Giroux is using Minny/St Louis as leverage because he doesn't want Sakic to back down, or Philly is using it to get a bit of a better price.

upload_2022-2-14_21-47-41.gif

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
So

Jost
One of Rantan/Barron/Helleson/Behrens
Mid-range pick

Yeah, this is definitely more info than we got for Hall, Panarin, etc...Definitely don't pay attention to Dater usually, but this screams someone in Philly's camp leaking something.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I honestly don't believe that 34 yo pending UFA Giroux is worth more on the market than Tyler Toffoli who has 2 more seasons under contract at a very reasonable cap hit.

Toffoli got traded for a package similar to: 1st, 5th, Foudy and Murray.

This tells me that Barron is off the table.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Out of all the guys out there, the fact that it’s Dater and that other NDR guy (who I think is a complete fraud, I’m really surprised he has his own pod) are the two main people linking the avs and giroux the most is kind of making pessimistic now

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I honestly don't believe that 34 yo pending UFA Giroux is worth more on the market than Tyler Toffoli who has 2 more seasons under contract at a very reasonable cap hit.

Toffoli got traded for a package similar to: 1st, 5th, Foudy and Murray.

This tells me that Barron is off the table.
Giroux is a much better player than Toffoli, even if Giroux is like 5 years older. Also Giroux is more versatile player who can play center and wing where Toffoli is strictly a winger

Reactions: avsfan09

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Out of all the guys out there, the fact that it’s Dater and that other NDR guy (who I think is a complete fraud, I’m really surprised he has his own pod) are the two main people linking the avs and giroux the most is kind of making pessimistic now

NRD is dialed in, but it's not just the two of them. Friedman has also been throwing some fuel onto the fire

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
NRD is dialed in, but it's not just the two of them. Friedman has also been throwing some fuel onto the fire
IIRC EFs just speculating because it just makes too much sense for both sides, may have missed something though.

I just saw the paywall part posted above, Dater sure does sound more confident than usual, so let’s just hope he actually has sources this time and isn’t talking out of his ass again.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I hope Byram returns by the playoffs stronger and healthier than ever, if that happens and Avs do get Giroux, Eichel is not gonna help Vegas if Avs play them in the postseason.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Giroux-Kadri-Burakovsky

No one can match that top 6, and you move Nuke down to 3rd line with Newhook, the bottom 6 gets even stronger.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
IIRC EFs just speculating because it just makes too much sense for both sides, may have missed something though.

I just saw the paywall part posted above, Dater sure does sound more confident than usual, so let’s just hope he actually has sources this time and isn’t talking out of his ass again.

I do think the Avs are at the top of Giroux's list. It all comes down to how much Sakic is willing to pay, how open Giroux is to other destinations, and what type of package Fletcher is looking for.

There are still a lot of things that need to go right for this trade to occur, but I feel pretty optimistic (i.e. ~40% chance).

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I will never trust a word Dater says.... But, according to him we're looking at a package of like:

Jost + Ranta + 2023 3rd(He said mid round pick)

Imagine if Philly actually value Ranta so highly to essentially make him the centerpiece of a Giroux trade and we end up not having to move any of our Dmen or the 2023 1st rounder.

I'd honestly just turn around and then trade the 2023 1st + Barron for Hagel as well. Completely stack up the forward group.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I will never trust a word Dater says.... But, according to him we're looking at a package of like:

Imagine if Philly actually value Ranta so highly to essentially make him the centerpiece of a Giroux trade and we end up not having to move any of our Dmen or the 2023 1st rounder.

I'd honestly just turn around and then trade the 2023 1st + Barron for Hagel as well. Completely stack up the forward group.

If we’re making another move I’d rather it be for a D-man that can help with keeping Murray/JJ out of the lineup unless it’s for someone injured. The forwards would be fine with just Giroux as the add.

Toews-Makar
G-trade
Murray/JJ-EJ

even better if we can get Byram back for the playoffs.

Toews-Makar
G-trade
Byram-EJ

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

I think It was Jost + ranta + Barron + mid round pick.

would still be awesome to get giroux without moving the first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad