2021-2022 POTENTIAL DRAFT STEALS (3rd Round or Later)

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I'm just saying it's unimpressive when looking at defenseman in their 19 y/o season in the QMJHL and how they have performed in the NHL. I agree with him outplaying his draft position, but he's not 1st round worthy. There are a couple examples of defenseman at the same age who had a better point per game than him in the Q and never played a single NHL game. It is such a weak league when it comes to drafting.
I think that's the question with Komarov. He has all of the tools, big, nasty, big shot, good stick work, solid reads. His foot speed isn't spectacular, but several says it's good enough.

His play this year was REALLY good. I believe he went something like 40 games in a row without a - on the game log. Along with it, he just looks like a player who understands the game. Knows when to jump into the rush, knows when to get back to stop a rush. Can he put it together in the NHL? we dont know. But the guy has every tool needed, and put together a year to show that.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
A couple from Buffalo:
Viktor Neuchev: Has become better and better in the A this year. Over .5 PPG as a rookie, and has a good two way game. Has a GREAT release as well. Could be a surprise guy to make the show next year as an early call up.

Nikita Novikov: Good two way defenseman. Big, skates well, good offensive insincts. +19 in the AHL as a rookie. Still a bit raw, but again, could get games as early as next year

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
For Detroit:
Carter Mazur 3rd round pick in 2021
Amadeus Lombardi 4th round pick in 2022

They look like future NHL players in a year or 2 but we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad