2021-2022 New Hockey Gear

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
77k03uxc2uw71.jpg
'

I saw somehwere these are suppsedly the new Nexus line of sticks from Bauer? Strong Vector vibes from the graphics.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anyone else feel like Bauer's graphics have fell off lately? Last beautiful stick was the 1X Lite imo. The protective gear also looks way cheaper now and is not what NHL'ers are even using anymore. Like these strange straps on the pants instead of laces, when NHL players are still wearing ones with laces. These strange palms on the gloves when NHL players are still using the traditional ones. They don't even bother stitching logos anymore and it's just screen printed, even though NHL players use ones with stitching.

Evergreen

Anyone else feel like Bauer's graphics have fell off lately? Last beautiful stick was the 1X Lite imo. The protective gear also looks way cheaper now and is not what NHL'ers are even using anymore. Like these strange straps on the pants instead of laces, when NHL players are still wearing ones with laces. These strange palms on the gloves when NHL players are still using the traditional ones. They don't even bother stitching logos anymore and it's just screen printed, even though NHL players use ones with stitching.
Bauer protective is the worst in the game these days. It's all about cost cutting.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Bauer protective is the worst in the game these days. It's all about cost cutting.
Agreed, everything feels cheap & flimsy, and looks like junk. Screenprint graphics on gloves used to always be just on the cheap models, now the top of the line ones have it. No stitching to be found.
and since any top of the line gear is going to provide adequate protection, I admittedly choose mostly based on aesthetics and the black/red & tapered cut of Vapor has always been the best looking imo. But now they don't even use red and use some weird yellow/lime.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Agreed, everything feels cheap & flimsy, and looks like junk. Screenprint graphics on gloves used to always be just on the cheap models, now the top of the line ones have it. No stitching to be found.
and since any top of the line gear is going to provide adequate protection, I admittedly choose mostly based on aesthetics and the black/red & tapered cut of Vapor has always been the best looking imo. But now they don't even use red and use some weird yellow/lime.
i just got s29 supreme protective the past year and i really have no complaints about them they do a really nice job, but i completely agree with you on the gloves, i'll never get the newer bauer gloves, they just look very not great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad