Speculation: 2021-2022 General Lightning Discussion

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Thus ends our B2B cup off season. 2 cups in 10 months. We are truly watching what could be the greatest Lightning team ever assembled. 4, potentially 5 HoF players still in their primes right now. Truly incredible to watch.

What a special run this has been.

and it's not over yet. The quest for #3 begins tonight.

Reactions: Peacefool and Hoek

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Foote still out, and Katchouk filling in so they can at least practice with 6. Might need to call up Sustr for tomorrow.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
i'm gonna get creamed on what i got to say...

the bolts should have left off stamkos, and sergachev just to preserve the third line..

the bolts won the cup without stamkos..

looking at last nights game, its obvious they made a mistake...

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
i'm gonna get creamed on what i got to say...

the bolts should have left off stamkos, and sergachev just to preserve the third line..

the bolts won the cup without stamkos..

looking at last nights game, its obvious they made a mistake...
I mean I don't disagree really. I do think Goodrow, Coleman and Gourde as a trio is more valuable than Stamkos.

But to say you came to that conclusion after watching one regular season game is an interesting take.

Reactions: Peacefool and Hoek

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
In the meantime, Blight for Wright.
Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+5B3B3p7SMCUx.jpg

Reactions: copperlion and Hoek

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Why would they demote Joseph? He was maybe the only one who actually showed up to play last night.

I think Joseph is more noticeable because of his speed, but he never seems to know what to do with the puck when he gets it. I'm fairly certain this will be his last season with us unless he takes a big step I don't think he's capable of taking. I'd be surprised if he lasts even half the season without being sent down to be honest.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean I don't disagree really. I do think Goodrow, Coleman and Gourde as a trio is more valuable than Stamkos.

But to say you came to that conclusion after watching one regular season game is an interesting take.

Disagree, look at those brutal contracts they signed. Coleman isnt a 5m player and Goodrow is making nearly 4m, having 14m third line is garbage value wise and all of them are signed till nearly 35, you can find other Coleman's and Goodrow's.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why would they demote Joseph? He was maybe the only one who actually showed up to play last night.

Line numbers don't mean anything, the Maroon line played more minutes than Joseph's line last game anyways. I'd rather them line juggle and find chemistry after that game. It's not like playing on the 4th line in Tampa equates to 6mins a game.

Reactions: The Macho King

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Watching NY and Chicago get their butts handed to them makes me feel a little better about yesterday

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Disagree, look at those brutal contracts they signed. Coleman isnt a 5m player and Goodrow is making nearly 4m, having 14m third line is garbage value wise and all of them are signed till nearly 35, you can find other Coleman's and Goodrow's.
Oh yeah definitely. Wasn't thinking about contracts here. On the same price tag I'd take those 3 over Stamkos but especially that Goodrow contract is pretty ugly.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Because hes not a very good Hockey player. Skating fast and out of control does not add value. He gives it his all I give him that but he trys to make Point or Kuch moves with a fraction of there talent. Thing is now we have no better choices. He and Perry should be on the 4th line with limited minutes.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Because hes not a very good Hockey player. Skating fast and out of control does not add value. He gives it his all I give him that but he trys to make Point or Kuch moves with a fraction of there talent. Thing is now we have no better choices. He and Perry should be on the 4th line with limited minutes.
That’s a weird assessment/expectation. Hard to shine as a youngster when all the vets are taking the night off. We’ve seen steady progress in Joseph’s game although he’s currently stuck as a 3rd/4th line tweener for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad