GDT: 2020 World Series: (AL) Tampa Bay Rays vs (NL) Los Angeles Dodgers - LAD wins 4-2

TB vs LAD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I would think the whole city is finding inspiration from Kobe these days.

It probably did help the Lakers maintain focus in the NBA bubble. Gave them a sense of purpose, where some other teams might have started to zone out after a month or so, and just wanted to go home.

I don't know how much it matters for baseball though. I think most all the guys I'm seeing look plenty happy to be playing. Anyone who wasn't motivated to play this year opted out to begin with. So I don't know that it's much of an edge. Not like it's going to make you play any harder when both teams are 4 wins from a WS.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It probably did help the Lakers maintain focus in the NBA bubble. Gave them a sense of purpose, where some other teams might have started to zone out after a month or so, and just wanted to go home.

I don't know how much it matters for baseball though. I think most all the guys I'm seeing look plenty happy to be playing. Anyone who wasn't motivated to play this year opted out to begin with. So I don't know that it's much of an edge. Not like it's going to make you play any harder when both teams are 4 wins from a WS.
It would be a little comical if the Dodgers won with David Price opting out.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Why was Betts and that
Rays 2b hugging after he steals base??? Then jokes after . Never seen anything like that in sports before, embarrassing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad