2020 Usports Recruiting

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
That’s Acadias 5th recruit...they had a full 22 skater roster last year and only had two 5th years, so they must be losing at least a couple more guys.

I'm sure McNulty won't be back, having only played 6 games last year and I would guess that Harps is moving on also.

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
4 goalies is alot lmao i guess they finally learned scoring dont win in the playoffs

From my sources. Reason behind Brkin is Ryerson Staff believes that next year goalie crop isn’t as strong and therefore getting ahead of recruiting process for 2021-22.

I believe it’s sound strategy but time will tell.

As lakehead fan, why only 1 recruit?

Reactions: denislemieuxchiefs

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Per Findlay Twitter: Forward Devin Leduc of the Powell River Kings (BCHL) and forward Wil Murray of the Navan Grads (CCHL) are both set to join RMC for '20-21, per sources. These would be the first two recruits for RMC this offseason.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Weybrick is coming from Canisius College. Interestingly, that’s the same school Simon Hofley transferred from to attend UPEI, so they’ve lost a couple goalies to U Sports in recent years.

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
From my sources. Reason behind Brkin is Ryerson Staff believes that next year goalie crop isn’t as strong and therefore getting ahead of recruiting process for 2021-22.

I believe it’s sound strategy but time will tell.

As lakehead fan, why only 1 recruit?

i wonder the same thing about lakehead my guess is the covid-19 restrictions and its 1 recruit but technically 2 new players as we got that red shirt goalie from the NCAA

Thing to remember is teams don't have to release or announce their recruits at all. Lakehead has at least 2 more players they're either close on or already committed that they're keeping on the down low.

Reactions: thook

thook

Jan 9, 2010
Thing to remember is teams don't have to release or announce their recruits at all. Lakehead has at least 2 more players they're either close on or already committed that they're keeping on the down low.

Sure hope Lakehead has some recruits waiting in the weeds! Other oua west teams seem to be having good recruiting years, I would hate to see Lakehead fall further behind.

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Sure hope Lakehead has some recruits waiting in the weeds! Other oua west teams seem to be having good recruiting years, I would hate to see Lakehead fall further behind.

It'll always be tougher for Lakehead just based on schooling, location, etc. but so far it looks like they're (you're?) doing okay. No superstars as of yet but including the names I've heard that aren't official, at least 2 of the true freshmen have CHL experience (and not just a cup of coffee, legit experience) and all have been high-end Jr. A players.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad