2020 University Cup (Halifax, NS)

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Hockey Canada pulled their officials. Even though there is no Coronavirus in Nova Scotia, yet. Can't play in empty building, like volleyball, if there are no refs. Cowards.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Just saw on twitter that Hockey Canada has pulled the officials from the tournament. If that is true, then the tournament is over.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
You would think that they would make an announcement, radio silence is killing me. Feel bad for all of the 4th and 5th year players that won't get a chance to finish their season.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I can't see how that cannot reimburse the tickets, unfortunately, I booked my hotel through hotels.com and it was non refundable :(
I’m In the same boat, might head home tonight so I can work the days I took off and make some money, I’m gutted for myself selfishly , but man do I feel for the 4th and 5th year guys

Reactions: FreddyFoyle and Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Hey everyone. I understand your frustration over the cancellation.

Not matter how we feel, it's a done deal.

Let's look back on a successful season for our teams that got them to the Nationals in the 1st place.

Let's look ahead to next season and what may be rather than what may have been.

I've had a fun time reading and commenting on your posts (and chirping the UNB guys).

Reality has reared it's ugly head in the form of the Coronavirus and that should be our focus for the foreseeable future.

Take care of your families and friends, especially the elders. When the dust settles, in whatever time frame it may take, we can get back to the business of hockey.

I wish you all good health and look forward to another year of CIS Hockey.

Reactions: dm8895

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
It is too bad. For the seniors graduating, for a program like Ottawa that has emerged from the darkness they were in just a couple seasons ago. For Acadia who have had to organize this and have it end up this way. Here's hoping for Acadia that somehow it doesn't affect them too much financially, hosting a National nowadays is a big commitment and now without the ticket revenue and having to refund a lot of what they had received...

But I agree with AUS Fan, safety first. Now, any body need some ice time in Moncton? I've suddenly got a whole bunch available at the JLL..

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I also feel bad for the players and coaches who will not have the chance to compete. To the 5th year guys at ACA who came back to be a part of this, it must be a bitter pill to swallow. The same would apply to other 5th years as well.

To the coaching staff at ACA and UNB, whom I know, it's unfair. To Stieny and the rest of the team, after a great 1st game, I feel bad.

Although meeting UWO in a pivotal game brings back bad memories of 2009. Just kidding, of course.

Best wishes to all the players moving on. It's a shame you couldn't entertain us one last time.

Brighter days are ahead. Keep the faith.

Reactions: cl812

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Tournament Update - Game 2

Will there be a second upset? Now, for most of the initiated, the AUS 3rd place team is generally considered stronger than most OUA teams, so for us (for which I include myself as a member of the 'in' crowd) would not be surprised with a SMU win.

#3 Guelph(GPH) vs #6 Saint Mary's (SMU)

Road: Guelph wins the Queen's Cup over Ottawa and the OUA-West series 2-1 over Western
vs
Road: Saint Mary's wins AUS Bronze 2-0 over Moncton after losing the AUS Semi's to Acadia 3-1.

Record: 12th= 17-7-5 (.607) vs 14th = 17-12-1 (.567)
Offense: 3rd= 4.54 g/game vs 5th = 3.87 g/game
Defense: 21st = 3.54 g/game vs 22nd = 3.60 g/game

On paper - these two teams look evenly matched with a slight lean in Guelph's favour. However, despite being the visitor for the game, SMU is playing at home. Have their most dangerous weapon in Balmas back and I think going to win this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00