2020 Stanley Cup playoffs bracket set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If anyone is like me, I didn't have a clue about who would play who in the second round of the playoffs. Its not like previous years where division teams would keep playing other division teams until there was a divisional champion and then the divisional champions would meet to decide a conference champion.

Here, according to sources, is the bracket format. As far as the Flames are concerned, if they win the first round they will play the winner of the Vancouver-St Louis series in the 2nd round.

playoff bracket.png

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The round gets re-seeded, so the highest advancing seed will play the lowest and then the two remaining middle seeds will play each other. There's no set bracket this year.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
They can’t make a “bracket” that depicts reseeding.

But it is 100% reseeded.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
They can’t make a “bracket” that depicts reseeding.

But it is 100% reseeded.
As I said to FlamerForLife, can you find something official that states the reseed format is the way its going to be?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Can a mod please delete this thread??

I just found the answer to my own question. Sorry for the trouble. I should have read the article I got the bracket format from, more closely..

"Now that the playoff bracket is set, each series will be a best-of-seven format from the first round through the Stanley Cup Final, as is customary. The only major difference is teams from both conferences will re-seed after each round, rather than the division-specific seeds in recent years."

NHL playoff bracket 2020: Updated TV schedule, scores, results for the Stanley Cup playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad