Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
And as of this morning we’re both on an equal number of NHL depth charts.

Idk Honka is still on the Star depth defensive depth chart. At like number 12-ish or something like that . He would get into games if enough players get injured you wouldn't be .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Idk Honka is still on the Star depth defensive depth chart. At like number 12-ish or something like that . He would get into games if enough players get injured you wouldn't be .
Yes, if the Stars team plane crashed killing everyone and then the second team plane make crashed the next day, Honka would get some NHL ice time. You got me.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes, if the Stars team plane crashed killing everyone and then the second team plane make crashed the next day, Honka would get some NHL ice time. You got me.

I mean 2 years ago freshly signed 20 year old undrafted free agent Ben Gleason got into NHL games because so many Stars defenseman got injured . That lead to Taylor Fedun beeing picked up on waivers and randomly becoming a semi-regular NHL player for the first time at 30 years old and he's been that since for the Stars . You tell that guy 3 years ago he'll be a #7 defenseman on a team that makes it to the SCF in the not too distant future he'd have thought you're crazy. But thats what happened.

You just never know. Maybe Honka still randomly falls into a regular NHL job somewhere . It won't be with the Stars but if a team picks him up ? Who knows. You also thought Nichuskin was worthless when the Stars cut bait and he's been good with the Avs. Top 10 pick good ? No but regular NHL player good.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It seems like Jim Nill hopes to salvage something out of Honka as a first round bust, like a 7th round draft pick or something. Doubt it was worth it, unless he was just trying to give Honka a chance somewhere in the NHL. As mentioned, sometimes changes of scenery do help.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I mean 2 years ago freshly signed 20 year old undrafted free agent Ben Gleason got into NHL games because so many Stars defenseman got injured . That lead to Taylor Fedun beeing picked up on waivers and randomly becoming a semi-regular NHL player for the first time at 30 years old and he's been that since for the Stars . You tell that guy 3 years ago he'll be a #7 defenseman on a team that makes it to the SCF in the not too distant future he'd have thought you're crazy. But thats what happened.

You just never know. Maybe Honka still randomly falls into a regular NHL job somewhere . It won't be with the Stars but if a team picks him up ? Who knows. You also thought Nichuskin was worthless when the Stars cut bait and he's been good with the Avs. Top 10 pick good ? No but regular NHL player good.
Nichushkin was worthless when the Stars bought him out. The fact he suddenly started trying after getting out says as much.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I will be shocked if Honka gets claimed. He was mediocre in the Finnish league last season as a 24 year old. Will likely bring some excitement to the AHL team, but I doubt we see him dress in the NHL.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wouldn't Kero needed to be waived to be put on the taxi squad ?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
It seems like Jim Nill hopes to salvage something out of Honka as a first round bust, like a 7th round draft pick or something. Doubt it was worth it, unless he was just trying to give Honka a chance somewhere in the NHL. As mentioned, sometimes changes of scenery do help.
3rd times a charm; whoever may grab him off waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad