Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
"Hey guys, we know you're really heartbroken about losing in the Cup Finals, so we thought we'd pour some salt in the wound by rolling out a new alternate jersey based on the pattern worn by the guys who could get it done."

it’s either that pattern or the “DALLAS” pattern. Easy choice

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
It’s gonna be the ‘99 logo with victory green colours and it’s going to be glorious. Glad I didn’t buy the rave 3rd jersey and held out for this

Reactions: MBTendy and LT

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
And it's finally happening. I love it. The divorce is complete and custody has been decided. We can finally just be the Dallas Stars.

Never! this franchise started in 67 and has been to 5 Cup Finals. Our best player all time has played on both squad which are forever intertwined as one and the same. Minny just has f*** all for a history to go back on so they shamefully dip into Dallas' history.

Reactions: sportswastaken

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Never! this franchise started in 67 and has been to 5 Cup Finals. Our best player all time has played on both squad which are forever intertwined as one and the same. Minny just has f*** all for a history to go back on so they shamefully dip into Dallas' history.
I live in Dallas. I lived in Dallas back when current Wild fans were enjoying the history being made in the Target Center. Those memories belong to them.

The Dallas Stars were born in 1993. I don’t care about anything that a bunch of current Wild fans cheered for years before there was a Dallas Stars team.

This is why Wild fans should enjoy these jerseys that are a callback to the team they enjoyed watching.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I live in Dallas. I lived in Dallas back when current Wild fans were enjoying the history being made in the Target Center. Those memories belong to them.

The Dallas Stars were born in 1993. I don’t care about anything that a bunch of current Wild fans cheered for years before there was a Dallas Stars team.

This is why Wild fans should enjoy these jerseys that are a callback to the team they enjoyed watching.

Look no further than the rafters in AAC to see the Stars were born in 67... each number up there is a part of the team history or they wouldn't be there.

Stars iconic inaugural unis are completely a Minnesota design. I believe they are only relocated team in history to wear the exact same unis as their predecessors. The jerseys Stars fans know and love of the most successful time in franchise history are all thanks to the North Stars design template of 91-92. So now we pay them back with some reverse retro shenanigans... all good.

I think a large number of North Stars fans are Stars fans these days, even if they have a new rooting interest in Minneapolis. Think about it, the Wild weren't even a thing when the Stars won their Cup. You gotta believe given the success of the Stars given no team in Minny that a great deal of these people making memories at the Target Center were making even better memories in 99 and are still very likely deeply invested in Dallas Stars hockey. Can't shrug off history and a large chunk of the fan base, it's just not nice southern hospitality ya know.

The team, the fans and the look of the team all were born in Minny moved to Dallas.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I wish the Stars would have gone with some nice Golden Seals swag for these Retros.
Gotta respect the facts!

Reactions: hairylikebear

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Have a feeling the Retro is going to look good and may have to get one as well. I was 50/50 on the 3rd but went ahead and grabbed one (Heiskanen) cause I wanted a solid black jersey; will also be worn for at least 3yrs.

In my opinion though I like it. It’s different of course with the neon but the majority/base solid black makes it look nice.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah not what I was hoping it'd look like. I think it'll grow on me but the logo is just bad with that silver/white text

As soon as I saw it was gonna be the white jersey though I was disappointed. The number and shoulders look good at least. Think it will look better on the ice, but not the silver part lol no clue what they were thinking with that. Everything else is mostly fine. Why is the bottom of the jersey not green though lol just a green line??

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
upload_2020-11-16_9-33-18.jpeg

Jesus Christ

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The jersey is actually alright enough. The full set on the other hand is awful

Em9D3WLXIAIEo_n

This needed way way way more green

Reactions: DieselPig

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Design team was limited to either completely ice white or completely black jerseys I suppose outside of the numbers :laugh: I think the back of these ones will look good on the ice, but that's because there's more green...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad