GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft - Toronto holds 15th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
And size/physicality.

I literally have no idea how he's not a top-20 pick. Great production in the MHL when he was taken off the 4th line, fantastic defensively, dog on a bone without the puck, ridiculous playmaker, best transition forward in the draft. I don't get it.

I put "reminds me of Point" when I first watched him, and I still believe it.
is his size/physicality even that bad though? Like yeah he's really short, but he seems to do okay in winning puck battles and plays absolutely fearlessly out there. It's possible that doesn't translate to the NHL, but he doesn't give me any reasons to doubt his ability to be effective against larger opponents

Reactions: Morgs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
is his size/physicality even that bad though? Like yeah he's really short, but he seems to do okay in winning puck battles and plays absolutely fearlessly out there. It's possible that doesn't translate to the NHL, but he doesn't give me any reasons to doubt his ability to be effective against larger opponents

I meant more "doesnt throw the body" more than "doesn't use his body". Like I said, absolute dog on a bone without the puck.

No doubts in my mind of his NHL upside.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Last time we selected a true winger was Biggs?

If we consider Marner and Nylander centers at the time.

Lobsterski

Oct 26, 2018
That guy is gonna be a thorn in our side for years to come, as if a tkachuk wasn't enough already

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Just because a GM took Guhle earlier, doesn't mean he was close in value to the guy drafted ahead of him. Some GM's reach and thats happened to Guhle.
Of course that could be true, but that can be said of just about any player drafted.
I guess its all moot now. Dubas made the pick and we will just have to see if it turns out some day

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Of course that could be true, but that can be said of just about any player drafted.
I guess its all moot now. Dubas made the pick and we will just have to see if it turns out some day
You can't though. Amirov went in the area where the projections said he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad