Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Now that the 2019 Draft is over, and there isn't much else going on, I thought it might be a good time to start discussing the 2020 Draft. I am super high on this draft, I think it will be the best since 2015 for sure. Would love it if the Ducks could somehow grab another potential franchise player like Lafreniere, Holtz, Byfield, Raymond, Lundell, or Perfetti.

Currently owned picks:

1st
2nd
3rd
5th
6th

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Now that the 2019 Draft is over, and there isn't much else going on, I thought it might be a good time to start discussing the 2020 Draft. I am super high on this draft, I think it will be the best since 2015 for sure. Would love it if the Ducks could somehow grab another potential franchise player like Lafreniere, Holtz, Byfield, Raymond, Lundell, or Perfetti.

Currently owned picks:

1st
2nd
3rd
5th
6th
I imagine if the season starts bad... were going to double up on amount of picks

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I wonder how high Antonio Stranges will rise. Really big fan of his offensive game. His skating is insanely deceptive; he's a lot of fun to watch. And if you haven't watched any Quinton Byfield highlights you should. His skating for someone that big is absolutely wild.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I don't know if this the best place to post this, but who are the best WHL prospects expected for next year? I want to hit up more Winterhawks games so I wanna go to games with the best players entering the draft next year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't know if this the best place to post this, but who are the best WHL prospects expected for next year? I want to hit up more Winterhawks games so I wanna go to games with the best players entering the draft next year.
Pretty sure its not a big whl draft... i remember a few ohl and qmjhl guys... cant recall any whl guys tho, at least as far as 1st rounders go.

Brandon guhles brother kaiden is on prince albert.

Usually i just use mockdraft sites to see who is projected in 1st/2nd round. Mynhldraft.com or draftsite.con

Last edited:
Reactions: dracom

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

There's always pop up guys during the draft season but I don't think anyone from the WHL is projected as a sure fire first rounder as of now.

Seth Jarvis should have a big year for the Winterhawks. RD Braden Schneider and RW Ozzy Wiesblatt are some other notables

Reactions: dracom

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
As painful as it would be to have another down year if we could move some assets and pick up another first while tanking to get a top pick we can put yourself in a phenomenal position for the future. With Gibson, Zegras, Steel, Lundy our young wingers we dont have a ton of holes. If we can pick up a future 1d we will be set for a long time.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
There's always pop up guys during the draft season but I don't think anyone from the WHL is projected as a sure fire first rounder as of now.

Seth Jarvis should have a big year for the Winterhawks. RD Braden Schneider and RW Ozzy Wiesblatt are some other notables

I've heard Seattle's Tyrel Bauer mentioned as a potential first rounder but I think so far a lot of that is his throwback level of physicality and size. I haven't watched him personally to comment.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As painful as it would be to have another down year if we could move some assets and pick up another first while tanking to get a top pick we can put yourself in a phenomenal position for the future. With Gibson, Zegras, Steel, Lundy our young wingers we dont have a ton of holes. If we can pick up a future 1d we will be set for a long time.
I dont think there are many high end dmen in the draft(as of now)... i imagine we can get a dmen we want anywhere from 10-30

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I know we don't really need another forward at this point, but I'm really salivating over LaFreniere. (we could stand to add a good LW anyway) I'm not sure where we'll be by the end of this season, but if we somehow end up in position to pick him, we'll be practically set up front. Add another late first and we could pick up a defenseman to shore up the back end, although this is a pretty weak year overall for defensemen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know we don't really need another forward at this point, but I'm really salivating over LaFreniere. (we could stand to add a good LW anyway) I'm not sure where we'll be by the end of this season, but if we somehow end up in position to pick him, we'll be practically set up front. Add another late first and we could pick up a defenseman to shore up the back end, although this is a pretty weak year overall for defensemen.
I wouldnt mind an elite level winger(pref goal scoring) like holtz.

Comtois zegras holtz
Rakell steel terry/sprong
Jones lundy silfverberg

Its really a win win season for us.... we do bad and we get new asset that should be able to help in next 2 seasons, we do good and we know were on right path

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
We won’t be drafting him, but Lafreniere is really special. I see him on the Tavares/MacKinnom/Matthews tier of 1st overall picks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We won’t be drafting him, but Lafreniere is really special. I see him on the Tavares/MacKinnom/Matthews tier of 1st overall picks
Reporting you to leaf boarda how dare you put matthews with those trash centers.

But AL had been getting hyped for awhile ... i thought hughes/kakko were a bit under hyped. Well see i suppose i like hughes a lot.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I wouldnt mind an elite level winger(pref goal scoring) like holtz.

Comtois zegras holtz
Rakell steel terry/sprong
Jones lundy silfverberg

Its really a win win season for us.... we do bad and we get new asset that should be able to help in next 2 seasons, we do good and we know were on right path
An elite winger would enable us to move some of our forward assets for a defensemen while giving us a boost at wing. We would be in a good spot. The future is bright for the Ducks thanks to excellent drafting and development. Hopefully this recent draft is another home run for us.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Currently owned picks:

1st
2nd
3rd
5th
6th

Lundell is most promising Finnish center available in 2020 draft.
But he necessarily isn't franchise center like Barkov.
If Ducks wants franchise level center maybe Byfield or Perfetti would be that player.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Reporting you to leaf boarda how dare you put matthews with those trash centers.

But AL had been getting hyped for awhile ... i thought hughes/kakko were a bit under hyped. Well see i suppose i like hughes a lot.
Being in the CHL and a potential #1 overall French Canadian player, it makes the hype machine go nuts in La Belle Province.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've heard about a good amount of forwards for this draft, but can someone list some 1st round defensemen to look out for?
Heard on the prospects board about Kaiden Guhle being pretty good Kaiden Guhle at eliteprospects.com
He is the younger brother of Brendan Guhle, both grew up in Sherwood Park, Alberta like Sam Steel.
They have him ranked as #50 but maybe his stock will improve by then and they acquire a late 1st to use on someone like him. Also Alexander Nikishin at eliteprospects.com
A Russian Dman ranked #27th, could let him develop in the KHL and then when he's ready sign him to a ELC. Now that the Ducks have a good system again, i think they could take their time with a russian.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
If you guys thought the 2019 draft was good, just wait for this one...

Top of the draft, there's obviously Alexis Lafreniere (LW), who finally becomes draft eligible (late birthday!). Lucas Raymond (RW) and Quinton Byfield (C) are probably his biggest challengers. Byfield especially is intriguing -- one of the youngest, biggest, fastest and most skilled players in the draft. Lafreniere is almost a full year older than him.

The "second wave" features a disgusting amount of forward talent: Cole Perfetti (C), Marco Rossi (C), Theo Rochette (C), Hendrix Lapierre (C), Mavrik Bourque (C), Justin Sourdif (C), Connor Zary (C), Dylan Holloway (F), Jean-Luc Foudy (C), Dawson Mercer (RW). Potential top goalie Yaroslav Askarov (right handed catcher!) could also challenge for a first round selection.

It looks to be a heck of a year for Sweden. In addition to top-ranked Raymond, there's Alexander Holtz (W), Noel Gunler (W), Zion Nybeck (RW) and Helge Grans (RD). All four wingers put up gaudy scoring totals in Sweden's top U20 league at age 17. Grans is a 6'3'', 200 lbs RHD with mobility, those guys don't tend to last long in the draft. Finland's response and annual submission for "to be drafted top-10": Anton Lundell (C/LW) -- he has a super late birthday, sure, but he was already a full-time Liiga player last season.

Speaking of defenders that might not be on the board for long, there's Justin Barron (RD) and Jamie Drysdale (RD). Other first round candidates: Kaiden Guhle (LD, Brendan's brother), Braden Schneider (RD), Jake Sanderson (LD), Tyler Kleven (LD), Jeremie Poirier (LD).

Dark horses (no particular order): Antonio Stranges (C/LW), Carter Savoie (LW), Primo Self (F), Lukas Reichel (F), John-Jason Peterka (F), Noah Delemont (LD), Martin Chromiak (LW), Brendan Brisson (F), Tim Stützle, Jan Mysak (F), Will Cuylle (LW).

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Top of the draft, there's obviously Alexis Lafreniere (LW), who finally becomes draft eligible (late birthday!). Lucas Raymond (RW) and Quinton Byfield (C) are probably his biggest challengers. Byfield especially is intriguing -- one of the youngest, biggest, fastest and most skilled players in the draft. Lafreniere is almost a full year older than him.

The "second wave" features a disgusting amount of forward talent: Cole Perfetti (C), Marco Rossi (C), Theo Rochette (C), Hendrix Lapierre (C), Mavrik Bourque (C), Justin Sourdif (C), Connor Zary (C), Dylan Holloway (F), Jean-Luc Foudy (C), Dawson Mercer (RW). Potential top goalie Yaroslav Askarov (right handed catcher!) could also challenge for a first round selection.

It looks to be a heck of a year for Sweden. In addition to top-ranked Raymond, there's Alexander Holtz (W), Noel Gunler (W), Zion Nybeck (RW) and Helge Grans (RD). All four wingers put up gaudy scoring totals in Sweden's top U20 league at age 17. Grans is a 6'3'', 200 lbs RHD with mobility, those guys don't tend to last long in the draft. Finland's response and annual submission for "to be drafted top-10": Anton Lundell (C/LW) -- he has a super late birthday, sure, but he was already a full-time Liiga player last season.

Speaking of defenders that might not be on the board for long, there's Justin Barron (RD) and Jamie Drysdale (RD). Other first round candidates: Kaiden Guhle (LD, Brendan's brother), Braden Schneider (RD), Jake Sanderson (LD), Tyler Kleven (LD), Jeremie Poirier (LD).

Dark horses (no particular order): Antonio Stranges (C/LW), Carter Savoie (LW), Primo Self (F), Lukas Reichel (F), John-Jason Peterka (F), Noah Delemont (LD), Martin Chromiak (LW), Brendan Brisson (F), Tim Stützle, Jan Mysak (F), Will Cuylle (LW).

Good looking crop. I'd probably have to say Stranges may be too notoriously skilled to be considered a true dark horse. He'll get that highlight reel hype by continuing to do this type of thing

Another angle

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

I like this draft because it seems like there will be talent from all over the World and not just from Canada ans the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad