Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part IV - well, the lotto sucked

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
People should keep in mind that based on tsn’s scout interviews, byfield Is more likely to fall than stutzle. 10 out of 10 scouts had stutzle top 3 (5@2 - 5@3) while 2 out of 10 scouts had byfield out of the top 3 and as low as 6.

If any reach is happening and somebody drops. It’s most likely byfield not stutzle. The odds of either of the dropping though, I’m at about 4% right now lol.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
People should keep in mind that based on tsn’s scout interviews, byfield Is more likely to fall than stutzle. 10 out of 10 scouts had stutzle top 3 (5@2 - 5@3) while 2 out of 10 scouts had byfield out of the top 3 and as low as 6.

If any reach is happening and somebody drops. It’s most likely byfield not stutzle. The odds of either of the dropping though, I’m at about 4% right now lol.

I'd be weary of that statement. In all likelihood, there will be teams who have Byfield at #1 and there will be teams who have Stutzle out of the top 3. It's cool to get a rough idea from Bob's list, but it's hardly a conclusive data set.

There is no way that we can make a statement as to who is more likely to fall.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I would never take Stutzle before Byfield.

Byfield had phenomenal season on OHL standards.

As a scout, I would lie everything for any Media Company how I'm really thinking about those guys. Because as a scout I would never show my real cards, how I think about players.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

As a scout, I would lie everything for any Media Company how I'm really thinking about those guys. Because as a scout I would never show my real cards, how I think about players.
Nice try Hakan, we know you're lookin at Stuetzle.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Honestly, if the Senators get Stutzle we just need to be patient for his first big contract. That's our moment!

With all the high draft picks they are collecting at once, there's going to be talent shaking loose.

This is tongue in cheek but also not.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

I hear what you're saying in theory. But ultimately, no matter what scouts from other teams think of the two players, it's what the GM's of LA and Ottawa believe that will matter, and I'd be VERY surprised if Byfield isn't a King and Stutzle isn't a Senator.

Reactions: waltdetroit

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

What is the incentive to lie to McKenzie during his anonymous poll? He isn't spilling the beans to other scouts.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What is the incentive to lie to McKenzie during his anonymous poll?

EjqA.gif

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Drop back a few spots, gaining an additional pick, and draft one of Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond/Sanderson/Askarov?

Yzerman will absolutely explore that if they aren't in love with anyone at #4 and can gamble on getting their guy. They attempted to move back from #6 last year, but ultimately there wasn't a deal to be made with a pick before Seider was going to get off the board. So while a trade back is always unlikely as everything has to fall perfectly into place, the odds the Wings look for one is pretty high.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Honestly, I was a bit surprised to see McKenzie's list had 10/10 scouts taking Stutzle top 3. I like the player a lot, but I'm not so sure what he's done to separate himself from the Raymond/Perfetti/Rossi/Holtz type prospects.

I think his strengths (skating/vision/size) project very nicely at the center position, and because of that I think he'll have an easier time developing a two-way game than, for example, Perfetti.

That said, I think you can make a pretty good case that all four of the guys I listed (Raymond/Perfetti/Rossi/Holtz) have a better offensive toolkit. If, for example, Perfetti or Rossi seriously improve their stride, which isn't unheard of for draft-eligible prospects, I think there could be a lot more upside there than what Stutzle offers.

I definitely get the argument for taking Stutzle top 3, I'm just surprised to see such a strong consensus that Stutzle>>>Raymond/Perfetti/Rossi/Holtz.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Drop back a few spots, gaining an additional pick, and draft one of Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond/Sanderson/Askarov?
thats how i see it too . i just wonder how good a prospect we could get back along with the later pick . a very good prospect like veleno ? or a more questionable prospect like rasmussen . and i dont think theres a feasible deal of two 1st for our 4th except njd . would our 1st(4th) and 2nd(32nd) get njd 7th and the 13th ? im no where near knowing the fine details in this matter but rather just trying to find out what others think the 4ths worth in this type trade

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
thats how i see it too . i just wonder how good a prospect we could get back along with the later pick . a very good prospect like veleno ? or a more questionable prospect like rasmussen . and i dont think theres a feasible deal of two 1st for our 4th except njd . would our 1st(4th) and 2nd(32nd) get njd 7th and the 13th ? im no where near knowing the fine details in this matter but rather just trying to find out what others think the 4ths worth in this type trade

What makes Ras questionable but Veleno good?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What makes Ras questionable but Veleno good?
I'm wondering the same, right now Veleno is more questionable than Raz. Raz will be an NHL player, only a question of position and role. Veleno isn't even a lock to make the NHL yet.

Plus if the AHL doesn't play, Raz is more NHL ready so he might make the roster while Veleno stays in Europe.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I'm wondering the same, right now Veleno is more questionable than Raz. Raz will be an NHL player, only a question of position and role. Veleno isn't even a lock to make the NHL yet.

Plus if the AHL doesn't play, Raz is more NHL ready so he might make the roster while Veleno stays in Europe.
im wondering if you watched all the griff games ? because after the jrs jv was haulin the mail and making offense happen . yes doesnt have excellent edges or hands buts a power skater with good straight ahead speed that can barge thru traffic , and hustles all the time . i see him as the type center that needs talent on both wings , and if has it can play 2C ...

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Yzerman will absolutely explore that if they aren't in love with anyone at #4 and can gamble on getting their guy. They attempted to move back from #6 last year, but ultimately there wasn't a deal to be made with a pick before Seider was going to get off the board. So while a trade back is always unlikely as everything has to fall perfectly into place, the odds the Wings look for one is pretty high.

I don't necessarily know who it would be but i'd be a bit concerned if at 4th overall the Wings didn't have some player they liked more than the rest

I feel like the lack of confidence that trading down from that high shows is something that would very likely result in an underwhelming draft

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
People who have concerns about Perfettis size or skating need to watch this Habs, Pens series. Suzuki is the same size and similar skater to Perfetti. At draft time Perfetti was the better prospect and player. A couple years removed from his draft, Suzuki is playing center in the playoffs in a series against Crosby and Malkin and looks really strong.

If Suzuki can manage that already, theres no reason Perfetti cant be a center at the next level

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
im wondering if you watched all the griff games ? because after the jrs jv was haulin the mail and making offense happen . yes doesnt have excellent edges or hands buts a power skater with good straight ahead speed that can barge thru traffic , and hustles all the time . i see him as the type center that needs talent on both wings , and if has it can play 2C ...
No I didn't watch GR games, but you just described Helm, lol.

We already know Raz can score a few goals in the NHL, he's not questionable at all. Barring injury he will have an NHL career, book it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
People who have concerns about Perfettis size or skating need to watch this Habs, Pens series. Suzuki is the same size and similar skater to Perfetti. At draft time Perfetti was the better prospect and player. A couple years removed from his draft, Suzuki is playing center in the playoffs in a series against Crosby and Malkin and looks really strong.

If Suzuki can manage that already, theres no reason Perfetti cant be a center at the next level
I thing I noticed in his highlight reels is that Perfetti gets knocked down a lot whereas Rossi seems stronger on his skates even though he's a touch smaller. I haven't watched complete games so it could just be coincidence.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
No I didn't watch GR games, but you just described Helm, lol.

We already know Raz can score a few goals in the NHL, he's not questionable at all. Barring injury he will have an NHL career, book it.
amongst people that watched griff games you'll have a difficult time finding anybody rating razz over veleno

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
amongst people that watched griff games you'll have a difficult time finding anybody rating razz over veleno

I think Rasmussen was pretty clearly better than Veleno in Grand Rapids this year. Veleno got better after the juniors but he was very up and down to start the year. Rasmussen was consistent and productive as well. @The Zetterberg Era might chime in here cause I know he watches a lot of games but I think Ras was clearly ahead.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013

also posted by someone in the rossi thread .
I’m going to prefix this by saying I know Marco personally.

Holy crap this kid wants to be the best. He is the best player on his team yet he works the hardest by a mile; first guy on and off the ice, i know that is said a lot about players but man is it true with Marco. He doesn’t go out on the town, doesn’t party like other teammates; if he’s not playing, he’s training. He lives and breathes the game of hockey, real fan of the game. He’s going to be one of the best at the next level because he wants to be the best, and believes in himself like no other.

If he isn’t an impact forward at the next level, I will be SHOCKED, Rossi has what it takes to be a star in the league and will be.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad