NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XIV [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
NHL staff mock draft 2020: Changes in the top three, plus an audit by NHL scouts
Who they think the teams pick
Hailey Salvian picking for the Sens. Different writers picked for different teams.
3. Byfield
5. Raymond
28. Reichel

I'd be pretty happy with those picks. The draft went like this.

1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Drysdale
7. Rossi
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Sanderson
11. Quinn
12. Jarvis
13. Askarov
14. Holloway
15. Bourque
16. Lapierre
17. Mercer
18. Zary
19. Scheider
20. Guhle
21. Wallinder
22. Foerster
23. Gunler
24. Colangelo
25. Amirov
26. Mysak
27. Perreault
28. Reichel
29. Greig
30. Peterka
31. Brisson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
NHL staff mock draft 2020: Changes in the top three, plus an audit by NHL scouts
Hailey Salvian picking for the Sens. Different writers picked for different teams.
3. Byfield
5. Raymond
28. Reichel

1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Drysdale
7. Rossi
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Sanderson
11. Quinn
12. Jarvis
13. Askarov
14. Holloway
15. Bourque
16. Lapierre
17. Mercer
18. Zary
19. Scheider
20. Guhle
21. Wallinder
22. Foerster
23. Gunler
24. Colangelo
25. Amirov
26. Mysak
27. Perreault
28. Reichel
29. Greig
30. Peterka
31. Brisson
That would be an perfect result for us imo

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well what about now? Wouldn't you say that with what Hughes has shown he can do, it puts him in the top tier of the draft so far?

So does what Tkachuk has shown he can do.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Tychonic has been getting a lot of shade around here lately (some what deservedly so). He's a small dman who was always going to take a while to develop. He went to a stacked program in UND who tend to like reliable players who play a mature game. That isn't Tyhconic at this point.

This upcoming season is hopefully the one where we can really see what Tychonic is made of. Of course he is a 2nd round pick who hasn't done much so he's a long shot but at the time of his draft, was seen as one of the biggest steals of non-1st round draft picks. This will be the season where we can determine what Tychonic will be for us IMO.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tychonic has been getting a lot of shade around here lately (some what deservedly so). He's a small dman who was always going to take a while to develop. He went to a stacked program in UND who tend to like reliable players who play a mature game. That isn't Tyhconic at this point.

This upcoming season is hopefully the one where we can really see what Tychonic is made of. Of course he is a 2nd round pick who hasn't done much so he's a long shot but at the time of his draft, was seen as one of the biggest steals of non-1st round draft picks. This will be the season where we can determine what Tychonic will be for us IMO.
Prospect Info: - 48th Overall, Jonny Tychonick

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
The way raymond has been playing i am really hoping detroit passes on him. Hes starting to look really good

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
3. Byfield
5. Raymond
28. Reichel

1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Drysdale
7. Rossi
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Sanderson
11. Quinn
12. Jarvis
13. Askarov
14. Holloway
15. Bourque
16. Lapierre
17. Mercer
18. Zary
19. Scheider
20. Guhle
21. Wallinder
22. Foerster
23. Gunler
24. Colangelo
25. Amirov
26. Mysak
27. Perreault
28. Reichel
29. Greig
30. Peterka
31. Brisson

Sick picks by Hailey Sylvain. Curious that Justin Barron dropped off top 31, wondering if that's a pick that will be available with #33. Khushunutdinov is the other guy I hope is available at pick, if the likes of Mysak, Reichel, and Peterka don't drop.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
3. Byfield
5. Raymond
28. Reichel

1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Drysdale
7. Rossi
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Sanderson
11. Quinn
12. Jarvis
13. Askarov
14. Holloway
15. Bourque
16. Lapierre
17. Mercer
18. Zary
19. Scheider
20. Guhle
21. Wallinder
22. Foerster
23. Gunler
24. Colangelo
25. Amirov
26. Mysak
27. Perreault
28. Reichel
29. Greig
30. Peterka
31. Brisson

Pretty cool, I would definitely be excited with a draft like that.

Did it say who was picking for LA? I thought their writer was thinking Byfield for them

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pretty cool, I would definitely be excited with a draft like that.
Did it say who was picking for LA? I thought their writer was thinking Byfield for them
Lisa Dillman
Lisa Dillman is a senior writer for The Athletic, covering the Los Angeles Kings and the NHL. She was a regional writer for NHL.com, following 23 years at the Los Angeles Times, covering the Kings, Ducks, Clippers, professional tennis, the Olympics, MLS soccer and World Cup soccer.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Thinking about pick pairs..

Byfield - Raymond (clear cut C and winger)
or
Stutzle - Perfetti (one's of them has gotta pan out at C, right?)

Potentially shoring up the D for a decade with the 5th pick is real tempting though.

images

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

or

Potentially shoring up the D for a decade with the 5th pick is real tempting though.

images

Stutzle Rossi - IMO Rossi has a better chance at being C than Perfetti; not that Perfetti is a poor choice. He would be excellent at QBing the PP.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

or

images
is there a way we dont pick top five again next year? i think most of the top 3 d men next year are better prospects then sanderson or drysdale

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Stutzle Rossi - IMO Rossi has a better chance at being C than Perfetti; not that Perfetti is a poor choice. He would be excellent at QBing the PP.

What are your thoughts on Dimtri Rahevsky looks like he could go under the radar & be the steal of draft. Great vision & hockey iq...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
is there a way we dont pick top five again next year? i think most of the top 3 d men next year are better prospects then sanderson or drysdale
Who is to say they don’t like Lucius/Guenther/Johnson/Roy/Sillenger/etc more.

Who is to say a guy doesn’t have a rise like Stutzle from the mid-teens and fall in the Sens lap?

They will take their highest rated player and worry about next draft next year.

Reactions: Sensators

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The potential upside to Perfetti is impossible for me to pass up with #5. If we didn’t have pick #3 I’d be tempted to play safer but it’s gravy. I want Raymond as my 1st choice at 5 but Perfetti is 2nd. Rossi is not on my radar, I’d take Quinn ahead of him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The potential upside to Perfetti is impossible for me to pass up with #5. If we didn’t have pick #3 I’d be tempted to play safer but it’s gravy. I want Raymond as my 1st choice at 5 but Perfetti is 2nd. Rossi is not on my radar, I’d take Quinn ahead of him.

I'd take Rossi over Perfetti, personally.

Right now I'd probably take Raymond and Drysdale over both.

I guess I have this gut feeling that Rossi could be a big playoff type player despite his lack of size.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I guess I have this gut feeling that Rossi could be a big playoff type player despite his lack of size.
I get that. Perfetti has Kucherov potential IMO. Unfortunately I think he might have Galchenyuk potential as well.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

IMO there is a large gap between perfetti and Rossi. Perfetti s IQ and scoring is on another level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad