OT: 2020 NFL and NCAAF thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So the NFL is already going batshit insane...especially the Houston Texans.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Supposedly Chris Sims came out today and said that Tom Brady was deciding on his final
Two teams... signing with the Patriots... or the Bucs??? WTH.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Looks like the NFL's fast-tracking their playoff expansion to begin in 2020 (assuming there is one), seven teams in each conference make the playoffs, only one bye week and six games on WC weekend.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Looks like the NFL's fast-tracking their playoff expansion to begin in 2020 (assuming there is one), seven teams in each conference make the playoffs, only one bye week and six games on WC weekend.

I was always of opinion that NFL had the perfect playoff system. I guess the change is very minor.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He's only 30 and probably has something left in the tank after taking some time off, assuming he took care of himself. I'd expect him to play well if he's healthy and in shape. NO and TB will have a dogfight for the division it seems. Assuming there is football this fall it should be interesting.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Cameron Brate and Gronk will be a crazy 1-2 punch at TE with one of the best 1-2 WR duos in Evans and Chris Godwin. Recent 1st round TE OJ Howard looks to be on the way out (maybe in a trade to help the Bucs move up in the 1st round to get a top RT).

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm a Bucs fan. I like this for THIS year. Next year they'll need to find a replacement for Brady. This is the ultimate win now group of moves. I'd love to keep Gronk and Howard but Howard will return more and Brate is a better blocker. If they could move Brate that would be good because he's paid a lot more than Howard but it ain't happening. They need to figure something out bc they probably don't have enough cap space to sign the draft class.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He's only 30 and probably has something left in the tank after taking some time off, assuming he took care of himself. I'd expect him to play well if he's healthy and in shape. NO and TB will have a dogfight for the division it seems. Assuming there is football this fall it should be interesting.
Don't forget Carolina got Bridgewater so they'll be competitive and Atlanta isn't a bad team. The NFC south might be the toughest division now in the league

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm a Bucs fan. I like this for THIS year. Next year they'll need to find a replacement for Brady. This is the ultimate win now group of moves. I'd love to keep Gronk and Howard but Howard will return more and Brate is a better blocker. If they could move Brate that would be good because he's paid a lot more than Howard but it ain't happening. They need to figure something out bc they probably don't have enough cap space to sign the draft class.

I could see Brate or Howard being traded on draft day, they are both good and Howard still has potential. I believe the Bucs are in the drivers seat. I thought I was reading yesterday that the Bucs deployment of their TEs last year showed that they used Howard as the blocking TE and Brate for offensive TE snaps (showing that they were trusting Howard to block which for some reason I don’t remember last year but maybe I was only looking for yards and TDS).

One thing lost out of all of this is that signing Brady for a 2 year attempt (Gronks agent says he hopes to play at least 2 years as well) at an all in Super Bowl saved the Bucs from giving Winston a massive contract that he doesn’t yet deserve. They would’ve been forced to give him some ridiculous deal out of necessity and would’ve immediately regretted it.

It should be interesting after the draft and some vets are cut to see who is willing to play with Brady for the league minimum.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I could see Brate or Howard being traded on draft day, they are both good and Howard still has potential. I believe the Bucs are in the drivers seat. I thought I was reading yesterday that the Bucs deployment of their TEs last year showed that they used Howard as the blocking TE and Brate for offensive TE snaps (showing that they were trusting Howard to block which for some reason I don’t remember last year but maybe I was only looking for yards and TDS).

One thing lost out of all of this is that signing Brady for a 2 year attempt (Gronks agent says he hopes to play at least 2 years as well) at an all in Super Bowl saved the Bucs from giving Winston a massive contract that he doesn’t yet deserve. They would’ve been forced to give him some ridiculous deal out of necessity and would’ve immediately regretted it.

It should be interesting after the draft and some vets are cut to see who is willing to play with Brady for the league minimum.
Howard will have more value as far as a trade because of his draft pedigree and he's still on his rookie deal. He's also not good at blocking whereas Brate is a more complete albeit less explosive player. Howard and Gronk would be ideal but they're obviously going to have to move one of Brate or Howard and I think value wise it'll be Howard. I love Brate though so I wouldn't mind that. The thinking online is maybe packaging Howard and 14th overall to move down and pick up an OT at the draft which they desperately need. That makes sense to me. If they somehow moved Brate I'd be ok with it too because then they can sign Howard after this season to essentially be Gronks replacement should he be done after his one year left on his deal expires. Interesting times for us Bucs fans. They're obviously going for it.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Howard will have more value as far as a trade because of his draft pedigree and he's still on his rookie deal. He's also not good at blocking whereas Brate is a more complete albeit less explosive player. Howard and Gronk would be ideal but they're obviously going to have to move one of Brate or Howard and I think value wise it'll be Howard. I love Brate though so I wouldn't mind that. The thinking online is maybe packaging Howard and 14th overall to move down and pick up an OT at the draft which they desperately need. That makes sense to me. If they somehow moved Brate I'd be ok with it too because then they can sign Howard after this season to essentially be Gronks replacement should he be done after his one year left on his deal expires. Interesting times for us Bucs fans. They're obviously going for it.

Definitely a big Brate fan but due to his team control through 2024 he may be the one more attractive to teams. I could see him as the add on to the 14th overall to get the Bucs into the top 10 to add one of the top lineman which would be a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad