Speculation: 2020 NCAA Free Agents Signings & Speculation Thread

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
G John Lethemon- come on down. You are the next contestant on signing with the Kings. You can win some of the best goalie development in the league, a chance to live in the place with the best weather in North America, and cash prizes

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Hopefully Bergevin is in on at least one of the LHD, not too many teams can offer up a top pairing spot immediately
If your team is offering a top pairing spot immediately to these guys you’ve got bigger issues than trying to sign them. Of all the undrafted college d-men free agents to sign contracts, only Chris tanev ever developed to become even a debatable top pairing guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
If your team is offering a top pairing spot immediately to these guys you’ve got bigger issues than trying to sign them. Of all the undrafted college d-men free agents to sign contracts, only Chris tanev ever developed to become even a debatable top pairing guy.
Oh we’ve got issues, not according to the Masterminds running the show who think with some puck luck and a few less days in the infirmary we would be the Bruins, but we haven’t had a Top 4 LHD for 3 years and none in sight for next season

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
G John Lethemon- come on down. You are the next contestant on signing with the Kings. You can win some of the best goalie development in the league, a chance to live in the place with the best weather in North America, and cash prizes
I want Marc Michaelis too!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Some of these guys won't have the chance to burn ELC years by playing this season if the season is turfed. That will level the playing field on offers for some of them.

Reactions: uncleben

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not a single mention of Johnny Walker from ASU? Kid has 43 goals in his last 68 games and over a PPG the last 2 years.

I'd love to see the Sabres get in on him...other than him and Mackey, there isn't much out there this year.

Johnny Walker at eliteprospects.com

Mentioned in posts #2 and #14 :)

He has the option of returning for his senior year which might become a more viable option if things remain murky.

Reactions: Chainshot

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Torey Krug?

Reactions: Chainshot

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
There's also Nate Schmidt and Neal Pionk. That's 4 of 31 teams (and I may be forgetting someone) that use an undrafted D from the NCAA on their top pairing.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Mentioned in posts #2 and #14 :)

He has the option of returning for his senior year which might become a more viable option if things remain murky.
Sorry, I meant in the articles or tweets by the "experts."

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Kid can score but is the biggest cherry picker in college hockey and doesn't play defense at all.
If I can find a kid to score goals for the Sabres, I'll figure out the rest later.

We just need goals. As many as we can get. Throughout the entire organization. Goals. Goals. Goals.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Insider Trading: NHL playoff possibilities; financial losses mounting

There's a segment about NCAA free agents. Frank Seravelli mentioned that Brinson Paschinuk whittled his list from 20 teams down to 2, but that he's not in a rush to sign.

Since the NHL prohibited teams from signing guys to 2019-20 contracts, the top guys wouldn't be able to burn a year off their ELC. So some are waiting it out to see if the season resumes and the NHL lifts that restriction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad