GDT: 2020 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They apparently are looking at Saturday doubleheader to make sure testing done

Doesn't it take a few days for a positive result to show after exposure? This would just be a weak attempt at covering their behinds.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Doesn't it take a few days for a positive result to show after exposure? This would just be a weak attempt at covering their behinds.

That seems right although I admit I don't know for sure. But yeah there's no way they could wait, test and then wait for results and not fugazi the schedule. But can you imagine if they test just to cover themselves, get negatives and play the series and then a Nats player gets sick and/or subsequently tests positive? Now that's two entire rosters in question.

I'm sure they put protocol in place for this but you have to wonder if it's sufficient.

Over/under: will the season get as far as August 15?

Right? The schedule will (likely/probably/potentially) collapse at some point.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

how does that happen? a false positive?

Xavier Ouellet on the Habs seemingly had a false positive last week, so yes it can happen. He was testing negative, next day tested positive, tested negative every day since. Never had symptoms. Ouellet did have COVID-19 antibodies though, so it appears he had it at some point. This may be Soto's situation, he may have had it in weeks ago without knowing.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I assumed it was ESPN only broadcast

The Giants game is not local, ESPN only

It is ESPN only. But the Nationals TV guys will use that booth the rest of the games - even for road games. They probably don't want another group of humans in there.

Or ESPN decided to be cheap. That is the other possibility.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
It is ESPN only. But the Nationals TV guys will use that booth the rest of the games - even for road games. They probably don't want another group of humans in there.

Or ESPN decided to be cheap. That is the other possibility.

Seeing Buster Olney reminded me that the Giants TV crew, Krukow and Kuiper, have done multple entire games before from areas outside the booth, like in the arcade wall in RF that has a little porch. They could sit behind home plate and call the damn game

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
might get through the bottom of 1st only before rain hits. they should have waited to start the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad