Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Joe Woll

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Why so negative? I thought we were trying to pimp our prospects in these threads not win some imagined pissing match.
Huh? These are discussion boards, and we’re discussing Leafs prospect rankings, i.e. which Leafs prospects add better than other Leafs prospects. I’m simply pointing out that while Abruzzese had a terrific rookie season in the NCAA, he’s 2 years older than most rookies, and 5’9”, both of which significantly affect his ranking.

It’s not a pimp your prospects thread, it’s a rank your prospects thread, which means taking an honest look at their strengths, weaknesses, upside, etc.

Reactions: cookie and Morgs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He is bigger too.

Anderson is my #5. I technically don't consider Korshkov a prospect but if I did, I would probably have him right after Hallander.

24 or being a full-time NHL'er is my cutoff for prospects, so in my eyes he technically is still one.

I get Anderson here; he's got middle-6 upside, and he realistically can be that when the season begins. I have him and Hallander essentially tied for upside, but I went with Hallander only because he's two years younger and he's more likely to exceed that ceiling.

For me I think Korshkov's age is the main reason I have him at the bottom of this tier. Sure his floor is decent 4th liner at this point, but can he really be more than that? I don't see him even playing in the NHL this season and if not he'll have 1GP before the age of 25.

5. Abramov (19)
6. Hallander (20)
7. Anderson (22)
8. Niemela (18)
9. Hirvonen (18)
10. Abruzzese (21)
11. Korshkov (24)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well the 1st 4 picks to me were pretty obvious. The 5th onwards I think have tons of room for debate. To me I have seen Woll play maybe 40 times live over past 12 years in best on best spring tournaments, at BC once and in AHL. He is best 1 on 1 breakaway goalie we have today bar none. Mitch does not beat him straight up. Where he needs development is learning to be less aggressive on da shooter. He gets killed on odd man chances. I don't know if he is smart enough to learn when to attack and when to play deep. But if he figures it out in next 2 years then we will have an elite NHL goalie. He is huge. He is very athletic. He is aggressive. He is clutch. Lots to luv about him. But he has a big glaring hole in his game that our goalie guru coach needs to FIX. Lets all hope h e can master those learnings.

Reactions: Lauro

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
I was torn between Korshkov and Hallander. I think ultimately I voted Hallander because I believe he is more likely to reach his potential as a 3c than Korshkov as a top 6 winger.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Korshkov here is fine, but I'm not sure I get how he can be above Hallander or Anderson who are at worst similar level prospects that are 4 and 2 years younger respectfully.

Is it the hot start in the KHL?

For me it is that I think he would have stuck with the Leafs last season and be a part of their middle 6 right now if not for the plague. He also fits a player type that the organization is extremely thin on. That being said, I could be wrong and he might still bust out when given time in the NHL. I also haven't seen nearly as much of the new prospects, or college guys like Abruzzese, so it's easier for me to sleep on them, for not knowing them.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
we already hit the bottom of the barrel ? its the potential 3rd line voting !!! lol
next 3 are all korchkov, anderson and hallander who are all potential 3rd liners.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m pretty sure these new pick 2020 shouldn’t even be rated with no knowledge on them. I’ll just leave them all until last but maybe there is some that know them. Not me, I don’t have any idea how to rank them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad