Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread every day until we have determined the top 20 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:
1. Rasmus Sandin -- 48.4%
2. Nicholas Robertson -- 83.5%
3. Timothy Liljegren -- 53.8%
4. Rod Iron Amirov -- 94.3%
5. Mikhail Abramov -- 36.5%

Mac Hollowell
Filip Kral
Yegor Korshkov
Filip Hallander
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Nick Abruzzese
Joey Anderson
Mikko Kokkonen
Roni Hirvonen
Topi Niemela
William Villeneuve
Joe Woll

Ian Scott
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Semyon Kizimov
Joe Duszak
Justin Brazeau
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen
Artur Akhtyamov
Dmitri Ovechkinov (I like this better)
Joe Miller
Wyatt Schingoethe
Ryan Tverberg
Axell Rindell
Veeti Miettinen
John Fusco

Prospect Info: - 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #1
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #3
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #4
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #5

Suggest who I should add next, and who needs to be removed. :D

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I’m gonna go Korshkov here.

Has the size, has the skill, and has the supporting numbers to be at least a quality bottom 6er.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Went Korshkov because occasionally I ponder where he’d be now if he hadn’t been injured.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Hallander for me as well.

Surprised to see Korshkov so popular. I think he's fine but isn't the KHL a bit of a skeleton crew this year?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I went with Anderson. By all accounts he can play now and the a Leafs organization is high on him (could have traded Johnsson for just a pick, there were offers).

So while not high upside, he probably is a NHL player.

God the 2nd tier of the Leafs pool is much better and deeper now. Abruzzese might end up being our 10th ranked guy with 44 points in 31 games in his freshman (20 year old ) NCAA season. That’s nuts.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Feel like I'm going to be on this one for a while but Abruzzese. I think he's neck and neck with Abramov TBH.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Hallander followed by Abbruzzese followed by Hirvonen/Kokkonen/Niemela/Korshkov/Ovchinnikov

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blue

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Hirvonen. It seems every year people let who is closer to being an NHL player influence their decisions far too much in these polls.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I've got Hallander here; definitely not the highest upside remaining, but he seems like a solid bet to be a decent 3C within a few years.

This is actually a really exciting prospect pool; even guys that aren't getting any votes at #6 (ie Niemela, Hirvonen, Kokkonen, etc) could conceivably ascend into high end prospect territory if they develop well this season. Can't say enough good things about Dubas' drafting.

Reactions: Morgs

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
in 2017 we had Grundstrom, Korshkov, Bracco, Johnsson, Nielsen, Borgman, Woll, Rasanen, and Rychel in this range. Only Johnsson ended up being a contributing NHLer for us. Fast forward to now and we have Amirov, Abramov, Hallander, Korshkov, Anderson, Abruzesse, Hirvonen, and Niemela

Reactions: cookie and Morgs

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
in 2017 we had Grundstrom, Korshkov, Bracco, Johnsson, Nielsen, Borgman, Woll, Rasanen, and Rychel in this range. Only Johnsson ended up being a contributing NHLer for us. Fast forward to now and we have Amirov, Abramov, Hallander, Korshkov, Anderson, Abruzesse, Hirvonen, and Niemela
And you didn't even mention guys like Villeneuve and Kokko.

My pick for who we underrate and moves up a lot this year is Villeneuve, although I probably wouldn't have him top 10.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Hallander for me, I think he’s both fairly low risk (pretty likely to be an NHLer), and decently high upside (could be a quality middle 6 player). I’d give him the edge over Joey Anderson because I think his upside’s higher, even if Anderson is lower risk (already quite close to being a full time NHLer).

Reactions: Morgs

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Abruzzese just had the best rookie season by a Leafs' NCAA draftee since ever (I think).
Although, he’s way older than most NCAA rookies. When we drafted him, it was his 3rd year of draft eligibility - he went undrafted twice. He’s was an NCAA rookie lastyear, but was as old as most juniors (3rd year players). Also, he’s 5’9”.

He definitely had a terrific season, and is very skilled, but we do need to take his stats with a grain of salt. Hallander is actually a full year younger (and 4” bigger, and already very effective in one of the top pro men’s leagues in the world).

Last edited:
Reactions: cookie and Morgs

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I’m rooting for korshkov but Hallander is going to be a very useful player for us.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Korshkov here is fine, but I'm not sure I get how he can be above Hallander or Anderson who are at worst similar level prospects that are 4 and 2 years younger respectfully.

Is it the hot start in the KHL?

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Although, he’s way older than most NCAA rookies. When we drafted him, it was his 3rd year of draft eligibility - he went undrafted twice. He’s was an NCAA rookie lastyear, but was as old as most juniors (3rd year players). Also, he’s 5’9”.

He definitely had a terrific season, and is very skilled, but we do need to take his stats with a grain of salt. Hallander is actually a full year younger (and 4” bigger, and already very effective in one of the top pro men’s leagues in the world).

Why so negative? I thought we were trying to pimp our prospects in these threads not win some imagined pissing match.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Hallander is 4 years younger than Korshkov, but not all that far behind him in terms of quality of player today.

So id go with Hallander.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Korshkov here is fine, but I'm not sure I get how he can be above Hallander or Anderson who are at worst similar level prospects that are 4 and 2 years younger respectfully.

Is it the hot start in the KHL?

He is bigger too.

Anderson is my #5. I technically don't consider Korshkov a prospect but if I did, I would probably have him right after Hallander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad