Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread every day until we have determined the top 20 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards for I think my 10th straight year. The criteria for a prospect will be loosely based on Calder eligibility. There may be a couple that slip through the cracks the first few posts because I am not perfect. Also please let me know if I have someone listed that is no longer with us, or any omissions. Comprehensive prospect lists are a little harder to find than you'd think this time of year.

Rankings:
1. Rasmus Sandin -- 48.4%
2. Nicholas Robertson -- 83.5%
3. Timothy Liljegren -- 53.8%
4. Rod Iron Amirov -- 94.3%
5. Mikhail Abramov -- 36.5%
6. Filip Hallander -- 32.4%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 47.2%
T-8. Joey Anderson -- 27.7%
T-8. Nick Abruzzese -- 27.7%

Mac Hollowell
Filip Kral
Adam Brooks
Ian Scott
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Dmitri Ovechkinov
Artur Ahktyamov
Mikko Kokkonen
Roni Hirvonen
Topi Niemela
William Villeneuve
Joe Woll

JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Ryan O'Connell
Pontus Holmberg
Semyon Kizimov
Joe Duszak
Justin Brazeau
Teemu Kivihalme
Michael Koster
Calle Loponen
Joe Miller
Wyatt Schingoethe
Ryan Tverberg
Axell Rindell
Veeti Miettinen
John Fusco

Prospect Info: - 2019 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #1
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #3
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #4
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #5
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2020-leafs-board-prospect-rankings-6.2785116/
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #7
Prospect Info: - 2020 Leafs Board Prospect Rankings #8

Suggest who I should add next, and who needs to be removed. :D

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Hirvonen. I would've had him after Nick. Anderson would've been #10 for me. Niemela could easily go here too. Trusting our draft team on this one; they picked Hirvonen first so I will too.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Hirvonen, trusting our scouting on this one.

Are we leaving #8 as a tie?
Should be a tie-breaker, and my vote goes to Anderson for that

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Joey Anderson over Niemela, Hirvonen and Kokkonen? Really? Those 3 should have all been gone by the time this poll closes.
I like Hirvonen and Niemela more than Anderson also. But I'm curious why you're upset with Anderson on the list but not Korshkov, when Anderson has been better every year compared to him, including the NHL and is younger.

Reactions: qqaz and Morgs

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's weird. I don't hate Anderson where he went but looking at it from a value standpoint, 2 guys here were just picked with the 59th and 64th picks. When we traded for Anderson it definitely felt like people would have preferred a pick in that range over him. Maybe just a vocal minority, or we've become more informed since then.

Similar thing for Korshkov. Obviously he went way higher at 31 when he was picked. But if he's going ahead of guys picked 59 and 64 here then in hindsight it wasn't a huge failure in value. Obviously specific players DeBrincat and Hart were guys some people preffered. But just looking at value.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I like Hirvonen and Niemela more than Anderson also. But I'm curious why you're upset with Anderson on the list but not Korshkov, when Anderson has been better every year compared to him, including the NHL and is younger.
Oh don't worry I'm not a big fan of Korshkov over them either. I do however like Korshkov more than Anderson though because he's much bigger while still being relatively skilled. He was pretty good with the Marlies when he came over last season and is playing great now in the K.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's weird. I don't hate Anderson where he went but looking at it from a value standpoint, 2 guys here were just picked with the 59th and 64th picks. When we traded for Anderson it definitely felt like people would have preferred a pick in that range over him. Maybe just a vocal minority, or we've become more informed since then.

Similar thing for Korshkov. Obviously he went way higher at 31 when he was picked. But if he's going ahead of guys picked 59 and 64 here then in hindsight it wasn't a huge failure in value. Obviously specific players DeBrincat and Hart were guys some people preffered. But just looking at value.
Yea agreed.
Oh don't worry I'm not a big fan of Korshkov over them either. I do however like Korshkov more than Anderson though because he's much bigger while still being relatively skilled. He was pretty good with the Marlies when he came over last season and is playing great now in the K.
Makes sense.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Anderson is 2 years younger and had a stronger AHL season. Korshkov being more than a 4th liner would really surprise me, and I think Anderson is at least just as much of a safe bet to make the NHL

Here's a random list of players:
-Kasperi Kapanen
-Oliver Bjorkstrand
-Denis Guryanov
-Josh Anderson
-Andreas Johnsson
-Connor Brown
-Tyler Bertuzzi
-Lukas Wallmark
-JT Compher

It's players who produced primary points at a lower rate in the AHL than Joey Anderson in their D+4 seasons, and went on to be more than 4th line players. that's not to say it's a guarantee that Anderson will join them, but it's some players we can look at and be hopeful he'll follow suit. The list of D+6 players who produced worse than Korshkov and went on to be more than a 4th liner pretty much doesn't exist

Last edited:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Anderson is 2 years younger and had a stronger AHL season. Korshkov being more than a 4th liner would really surprise me, and I think Anderson is at least just as much of a safe bet to make the NHL

Here's a random list of players:
-Kasperi Kapanen
-Oliver Bjorkstrand
-Denis Guryanov
-Josh Anderson
-Andreas Johnsson
-Connor Brown
-Tyler Bertuzzi
-Lukas Wallmark
-JT Compher

It's players who produced primary points at a lower rate in the AHL than Joey Anderson in their D+4 seasons, and went on to be more than 4th line players. that's not to say it's a guarantee that Anderson will join them, but it's some players we can look at and be hopeful he'll follow suit. The list of D+6 players who produced worse than Korshkov and went on to be more than a 4th liner pretty much doesn't exist
Here's to hoping you're right. I'm all for whatever helpful NHLers we can get.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Totally missed the Abruzzese vote. I woulda had him below the Finns.

Hirvonen for me.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
i voted scott. Im extremely high on him as a goalie. obviously derailed by last season, but i expect him to start sky rocketing up the charts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad