2020 is a BEAST of a Draft for Canada

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Lafreniere is a first line winger right now

Sure on a team with not a lot of depth on the RW. He's not elite and I doubt very much he ends up as a star winger for the Rangers....not a knock on him as he is and will be a good quality player that will net you 60 points a year. He is certainly not the best forward out of his draft class nor does his play make the 2020 draft a "beast" for Canada.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sure on a team with not a lot of depth on the RW. He's not elite and I doubt very much he ends up as a star winger for the Rangers....not a knock on him as he is and will be a good quality player that will net you 60 points a year. He is certainly not the best forward out of his draft class nor does his play make the 2020 draft a "beast" for Canada.
He's probably going to get pretty close to 60 in his D+4. I wouldn't cap him at 60 points. I think he could be 1PPG. Will he ever be one of the best forwards in the league? Probably not, but unlikely anyone from the 2020 draft will either. I don't see why he couldn't be the best forward from his draft. It's not a guarantee, but he has a chance. He's absolutely top 5-10 in a re-draft for 2020, and no one has separated yet.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
He's probably going to get pretty close to 60 in his D+4. I wouldn't cap him at 60 points. I think he could be 1PPG. Will he ever be one of the best forwards in the league? Probably not, but unlikely anyone from the 2020 draft will either. I don't see why he couldn't be the best forward from his draft. It's not a guarantee, but he has a chance. He's absolutely top 5-10 in a re-draft for 2020, and no one has separated yet.

He could be a ppg but from everything I've seen I wouldn't wager on it. I agree though that he would most likely go top 5-10 in a redraft but my point still stands, he is not an elite player nor does any Canadian player from that draft constitute as an elite player to make it a "beast" of a draft.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He could be a ppg but from everything I've seen I wouldn't wager on it. I agree though that he would most likely go top 5-10 in a redraft but my point still stands, he is not an elite player nor does any Canadian player from that draft constitute as an elite player to make it a "beast" of a draft.
You're still wrong but you're finally quoting me correctly - and that's a start. :)

Last edited:

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Jarvis will be a top 3 pick in this draft when the dust settles.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Yes! He will also be on multiple Best on Best Canadian teams.
I could see it. He's a bit of a swiss army knife in that he does everything well. Scores, hits, PKs....

If Rod the Bod ever coaches a team Canada, you know he'll be there!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I could see it. He's a bit of a swiss army knife in that he does everything well. Scores, hits, PKs....

If Rod the Bod ever coaches a team Canada, you know he'll be there!
Yup! He's terrific and a real find at 13.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad