2020 Draft - Pick #187 - Kienan Draper

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
That's literally why I took the average of the last 10 drafts (#88). Sure in the 3rd round you can find diamonds in the rough, but they're still 3rd round picks who no-one can yet know are diamonds in the rough. Any one of them could be that guy, including Mazur.

The chances of an overager who has never had great numbers in the USHL being a diamond in the rough are astronomically low. I consider this drafting a player that already is a bust.

Reactions: Killerjas

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
like half of those posts are you and others whining about how many posts the thread has at this point

I'm going to be gentle here, Ricky. I feel for a guy whose grammar teacher likely exhausted their red pen them. Now, could you channel some of that eloquent prose and explain how my post would be considered whining? That's really rich considering how you waded through multiple pages of whining about who the Wings picked at 187th.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'm going to be gentle here, Ricky. I feel for a guy whose grammar teacher likely exhausted their red pen them. Now, could you channel some of that eloquent prose and explain how my post would be considered whining? That's really rich considering how you waded through multiple pages of whining about who the Wings picked at 187th.

what would you call posting over and over again just to mention how many pages there are in a thread?

what's that saying? if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's probably a duck?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You're complaining for the sake of complaining. That is whining.

You could just ignore the thread, but you and a couple of other members felt compelled by their OCD to whine about it. So here we are almost at the end of page 14.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
what would you call posting over and over again just to mention how many pages there are in a thread?

what's that saying? if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's probably a duck?

I call it being awestruck that people can can go on whining ad-nauseum about the 187th pick from a year ago.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

You could just ignore the thread, but you and a couple of other members felt compelled by their OCD to whine about it. So here we are almost at the end of page 14.

Well, I made an observation. That's far from a complaint, now isn't it? Not to mention I just showed up to the party on page 12. Hardly obsessive. If there's any OCD being exhibited it's by the people complaining for the sake of complaining we used a worthless draft pick on Draper's kid (that's whining!) Now you and Ricky go huddle up for your next attempt at cogent criticism.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well, I made an observation. That's far from a complaint, now isn't it? Not to mention I just showed up to the party on page 12. Hardly obsessive. If there's any OCD being exhibited it's by the people complaining for the sake of complaining we used a worthless draft pick on Draper's kid (that's whining!) Now you and Ricky go huddle up for your next attempt at cogent criticism.
Depending on the tone, an observation can be a complaint. That's very Asian mom of you.

The point of the thread is to discuss Draper kid. Yes, some of us think it was a completely wasted pick, and we are whining about it. But at least we have enough self recognition to admit we're whining unlike you.

Edit: Welcome to the whiner's club, kid.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
like half of those posts are you and others whining about how many posts the thread has at this point

The irony in this line alone is absolutely hilarious.

For me, it doesnt bother me whatsoever. To be honest, I find it hilarious that this topic has gone on this long. People are more emotionally invested in this then they were/are in some of our top picks. Let this go 50 pages, set a record lol.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Depending on the tone, an observation can be a complaint. That's very Asian mom of you.

The point of the thread is to discuss Draper kid. Yes, some of us think it was a completely wasted pick, and we are whining about it. But at least we have enough self recognition to admit we're whining unlike you.

Edit: Welcome to the whiner's club, kid.

That's the thing, it's hard to gauge the tone of online posts unless they come across as petulant and reactionary like your responses to my observation. That's very pitchforky of you.

Maybe you're developing the self recognition to know you've been yelling at clouds for a year. I don't know. Anyway, I'll see myself out to make observations elsewhere and leave you to your whining, kid.

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Can we just agree this pick was shit and he probably won't even crack our NHL lineup after getting 7 points in 37 games last season in high school? Buddy is a long shot.

Just freeze this topic and see in 3 years time. Who knows, but I don't hold much hope he becomes anything meaningful for Detroit.

Reactions: lilidk

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I actually hope Draper's family is watching this thread. And not necessarily for the "bulletin board" material effect. Moreso the range of reactions like, "Psh, haters gonna hate" or "If you're gonna hate at least be 'clever' about it."

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's the thing, it's hard to gauge the tone of online posts unless they come across as petulant and reactionary like your responses to my observation. That's very pitchforky of you.

Maybe you're developing the self recognition to know you've been yelling at clouds for a year. I don't know. Anyway, I'll see myself out to make observations elsewhere and leave you to your whining, kid.
LOL, you're whining, you just don't know it. Why continue to deny it? The fact that you feel the need to post about it tells me everything I need to know.

Bottom of page 14 now, lol.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Read the post.
He never said it was you.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Can we just agree this pick was shit and he probably won't even crack our NHL lineup after getting 7 points in 37 games last season in high school? Buddy is a long shot.

Just freeze this topic and see in 3 years time. Who knows, but I don't hold much hope he becomes anything meaningful for Detroit.

It'll die once people get tired of arguing about whether or not they're contributing to the argument.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Read the post.
He never said it was you.

Interesting, here is the cut and pasted post I responded to; ""]like half of those posts are you and others whining about how many posts the thread has at this point".

Now, when he says "you", to me, is it in a metaphorical sense? If not, I'm pretty sure he meant me whilst responding to my post.

Also, how far back do you feel the Draper pick sets back the rebuild?

Reactions: Bench

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I remember in Colorado ,they have GM Son playing for AVS. He was very good 3, line player, but guys were not happy because in the locker room they were not comfortable with extra pear ears. ,So they trade that guy and Keith Jones who was complain about it.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I remember in Colorado ,they have GM Son playing for AVS. He was very good 3, line player, but guys were not happy because in the locker room they were not comfortable with extra pear ears. ,So they trade that guy and Keith Jones who was complain about it.
This is a great story

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is a great story
Actually, it was the son, Eric, who asked to be traded because he didn't want to appear to be benefitting from nepotism. Good article on the situation.
AVALANCHE REALLY DOES TRADE A SON

Kienan should ask for a trade.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad