Patrik Sokoli, F 03 SLOVAKIA
Lubomir Kupco, F 03 SLOVAKIA
Martin Rysavy, F 03 CZECH
Jakub Kos, F 03 CZECH
Gabriel Szturc, F 03 CZECH
Šimon Marha, F 03 CZECH

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Call me a little off the board - but I was wondering if *maybe* North Bay acquiring Guskov from London serves two purposes - one of them being to act as mentor to a young Russian player coming in. That being said....with the chance to hit a home run with the #1 pick, what direction do people think the Battalion should go - with 8 D-Men already (2 of them top 3 round picks in the draft), I don't think they'll go there. I'm going to be bold on this one and call it - after seeing some video, I'm hoping they pick Nikita Chibrikov. But hey, what do *I* know?!? (LOL)

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
I think the trade signifies exactly that-that they are looking at whatever one of the top Russians they can way to report. The 2 best Euros available- Raty and Lambert look like they are staying in Finland. There are a group of Russians who are strong-I think Lazutin would have a massive season of he comes over. He is lanky (6-2) and his athletic bloodlines are through the roof-his Mom is Larisa Lazutina the 1998 Olympic Cross Country ski legend.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ando just committed to Minnesota State University, I am not sure if he gets picked in the import draft.

Is there any info, when is the CHL Import draft?
It's always in the first week of July, I don't think it should be any different considering that before covid it was conducted entirely online.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It's always in the first week of July, I don't think it should be any different considering that before covid it was conducted entirely online.

It's always in the last week of June, usually a few days after the NHL Draft. Should find out soon.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Ando just committed to Minnesota State University, I am not sure if he gets picked in the import draft.

I was asking, because some NHL teams push their drafted players to CHL. And this year NHL draft cant offer this.

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
North Bay is also not strong on Defense so a player such a shame Stanislav Svozil has to be in the conversation for their 1st overall import pick. He is considered one of the top Czech defensemen to emerge in a number of years.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Belarus
RW Alexander Palchik - Belarus - 2002
LW Sergei Kuznetsov - Belarus2 - 2002
F Alexander Suvorov - Belarus2 - 2002
F Mark Yaruta - Belarus2 - 2002
LD Dmitri Kuzmin - Belarus2 - 2003
F Danila Klimovich - Belarus2 - 2003
F Miroslav Mikhalyov - Belarus2 - 2003
L

I’m curious about Nasser Sobhy (oct 2001) from Belarus. Looks like a big body with puck skill and speed. Won the award for Best Young Player in the top league in Belarus.

Would he still be eligible for import draft? This guy looks like a player and certainly needs better exposure.

Is he on your radar?

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I’m curious about Nasser Sobhy (oct 2001) from Belarus. Looks like a big body with puck skill and speed. Won the award for Best Young Player in the top league in Belarus.

Would he still be eligible for import draft? This guy looks like a player and certainly needs better exposure.

Is he on your radar?
He will be eligible for the CHL import draft but I believe he will try to take his chance in the KHL next season which looks pretty real for him. The kid is a late bloomer but definitely gifted as an athlete.

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
I think with a player like him, if he is drafted in the NHL draft whenever that happens, the team will probably look to have him come over and there’s is a chance a CHL team takes a look at him in the 2nd round of the Euro draft.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Russia
C Marat Khusnutdinov - MHL - 2002

These are the guys I think teams will select with the hope that they will commit to them and be able to have some kind of quality impact in the CHL. I fully expect there will be some additional selections of players who are complete long shots and will likely never commit (especially out of Sweden, Russia and Finland).
You do know Marat was drafted last year by the Erie Otters (8th overall). He is thus unavailable to be selected for this draft ..

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
So, before tomorrow my favorites from Slovakia: Alex Geci (2003), Roman Faith (2002), Daniel Chovaniak (2003), Rayen Petrovicky (2002) and Lubomir Kupco (2003)

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
Some great picks by some of the franchises. I sent the North Bay GM my list before the draft and they went off board, so I am hopeful they saw something that I didn't.

Rysavy (6th-MJ) almost made my final list. Geci (7th to SAR) and Prokopenko (8th-GAT) were high on my list and I think they will make an impact in the CHL if they come over. They play a NA style. Svozil (REG) and Grushnikov (HAM) will be 1st round picks in the 2021 NHL draft so if the teams can get them to sign, look out. Especially Hamilton who could use a top D or 2 to competet for the OHL title. Canonica (Shawinigan) at 20 and Svechkov (Saint John) at 23 are also top 2 round prospects in te NHL draft. Lysell (VCR), Tuomaala (SBY), Chibrikov (LET), and Mintyukov (SAG) are also amazing players, especially Mintyukov who has already said that he will report and is a late 2003 birthdate (2022 NHL draft eligible).

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Klimovich is an offensive beast. Was dominating in the u20 ntdp team being 3 years younger than his teammates. Good pick for Huskies.

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
I know it is a long shot, but the drafting of Lambert by Saskatoon is a huge storyline. Huge family connections to the area. Possible coaching gig for Dad?

HPB Hockey

Jun 25, 2020
Arseny Kovgorenya 2005 is one of the most talented players of his generation in Europe, he is a true leader with excellent skating, has a rich technical arsenal, has an excellent throw from various positions and is just fantastic dribbling, he will be one of the leading top prospectuses on CHL IMPORT DRAFT 2022 .

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Arseny Kovgorenya 2005 is one of the most talented players of his generation in Europe, he is a true leader with excellent skating, has a rich technical arsenal, has an excellent throw from various positions and is just fantastic dribbling, he will be one of the leading top prospectuses on CHL IMPORT DRAFT 2022 .

Nice. Post it in the Prospect Section.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad