Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part XII: Dietary Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That should help with the Landeksog negotiation.

While they’re not direct comparables, two high-end UFA LW’s have signed:

Nugent-Hopkins: $5.125M X 8 years

Hall: $6M X 4 years

How much more will Landy want? The way the market is looking hopefully they can get him signed long term under $7M AAV.
Meh I don’t think it affects Landy. Other comparables don’t seem to matter. He knows bad teams will overpay him and that seems to be the comparables he’s using and honestly he’s earned that right.

It just sucks because we as fans have the right to wish for a team friendly deal too. Just doesn’t seem to be part of the plan for Landy. At least not so far from the limited news we’ve heard.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Meh I don’t think it affects Landy. Other comparables don’t seem to matter. He knows bad teams will overpay him and that seems to be the comparables he’s using and honestly he’s earned that right.

Landy can do whatever he wants obviously, but I can’t help but be disappointed if it comes in at $7M AAV, or above.

There’s clearly a good case on the market that he should be getting less than that on a 7/8 year deal.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Looking more and more like Landeskog is as money hungry as possible in his situation. It's all about maximizing his value, everything else is secondary.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If Sakic playing tough and the market knocks Landy down a peg it’s gonna be pretty funny. The whole “emotional” sob story was pretty funny.

I kept wondering what competitive team could really meet Landys numbers in a five year flat cap? Sucks on the timing for him but the cap ain’t going to 90+ for awhile. The Avs are really besides maybe NYI (for the money they could offer), the best fit.

If he wants money have fun in Buffalo or Ohio Landy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Landy can do whatever he wants obviously, but I can’t help but be disappointed if it comes in at $7M AAV, or above.

There’s clearly a good case on the market that he should be getting less than that on a 7/8 year deal.
It doesn’t appear Cale or Grubauer plan to do any favors either. It’s not just Landy hunting dollars. Although I do think if Landy, the captain takes a deal it might get other on board.

I bet your ass all the Landy request rumors certainly aren’t doing the Avs any favors on Makar/grubauer right now though

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario

It just sucks because we as fans have the right to wish for a team friendly deal too. Just doesn’t seem to be part of the plan for Landy. At least not so far from the limited news we’ve heard.
I honestly think this might negatively impact the negotiations. Type of deal that could cause Sakic to dig in his heels even more on the number he wants.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hall has been on a lot of losers. I guess he really has gotten tired of it and is willing to do whatever it takes to stay away from it. That's well under market.

Landeskog is going to need to decide what he wants. I expect he could get close to $9m if he really wants it, but he'll be playing for Columbus and never have a real shot at the cup ever again. I don't think he's going to like the offers coming from the true contenders any more than he likes ours.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
It doesn’t appear Cale or Grubauer plan to do any favors either. It’s not just Landy hunting dollars. Although I do think if Landy, the captain takes a deal it might get other on board.

I bet your ass all the Landy request rumors certainly aren’t doing the Avs any favors on Makar/grubauer right now though

Cale is possibly a generational talent. He has a blank check imo. If he signs for $10M long term I still think it’s a steal. Grub asking for around $6M is in-line with what we saw in UFA last year during Covid. Landeskog’s $7M> ask has no comparables.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I honestly think this might negatively impact the negotiations. Type of deal that could cause Sakic to dig in his heels even more on the number he wants.
That’s fine. It’ll be a lot of work but if Landy doesn’t play ball, nor does Gru then they’ll adjust. Lots of movement this year. I’m starting to think with SEA trades and what not they can rebuild it enough.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006

Makar is worth every penny, and no concern there about his contract being a bad one in 5 years. Totally different than Landeskog

Gru can go F himself. He's an ok goalie that can win some games but hasn't once proven he can get it done in the playoffs.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I mean, we haven’t heard anything from Makar’s camp other than talks being ‘cordial’, so we don’t know what’s going on there. Same with Grubauer. No reported numbers.

The only actual reported offers and asks and hurt feelings that have leaked have come from Landeskog. And with Landy we’ve now had two LW’s at the same age take fair market deals.

There haven’t been any goaltender signings other than Driedger. Heiskanen is the only high-end defenceman to sign and his deal was above market value.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
Cale is possibly a generational talent. He has a blank check imo. If he signs for $10M long term I still think it’s a steal. Grub asking for around $6M is in-line with what we saw in UFA last year during Covid. Landeskog’s $7M> ask has no comparables.
Pretty much spot on. I don't necessarily think Gru's ask is outrageous like Landeskog's is. I just personally don't think he's worth it, nor do I trust him

Reactions: hughdreamz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad