Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part XII: Dietary Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
NHL Network is randomly showing game 3 of the flames/Avs series from 04/15/19. Paying close attention to Landeskog. He makes the top line so much better. If the reported asking price of 8+ million is true, then Joe is correct to let him go. But I would be devastated and the team would be worse (barring a Sakic miracle). Some on here underestimate his value. He would be a huge loss.
Watch games 1-6 against Las Vegas in 2021

Reactions: flyfysher

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
On the menu for the expansion draft tonight:

9998546482.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think 8 year term is fine if the AAV is fair. I wouldn't worry about Landeskog not aging well because in 8 years Avs probably won't be contenders anymore.

That's actually a fair point. Though I think if Landy doesn't age well with a big 8 year contract, that could have something to do with not being able to build a contender.

Also I wonder if Sakic would be willing to go 8 years if he only gives Landy a NMC the first three, and then no restrictions after?

And if Landy would be willing to accept that in return for more term/security? Might be a last ditch effort to compromise on a deal.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Count me in for Kessel retained.

He’s been there and done that, ate the doughnuts to prove it. Totally laid back character, keeps everybody chill.

The guy produces points in his sleep. Fantastic secondary scoring option.
Guy shows up come playoff time, too.

And he showed in Pittsburgh if you really want to try it, he can play on a "checking" line the way he did with Hagelin and Bonino.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I think 8 year term is fine if the AAV is fair. I wouldn't worry about Landeskog not aging well because in 8 years Avs probably won't be contenders anymore.
They still might be a very good team in 8 years. Makar and Byram could be #1Dmen among other things.

One thing is for sure, make bad long-term decisions without a care in the world and you definitely won't be that good 8 years from now.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site

How is that a way of thinking for a GM ? Of course they will want to contend as long as possible, they will never tell I don’t care we will have to rebuild in 5 years.

What Landy should think about, is the fact that if he declines the last 3 years of his 8 years contract, he will be bought out.

He better sign a 7,5 5 years contract and then takes a 3 years contract at the value he will be.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
What Landy should think about, is the fact that if he declines the last 3 years of his 8 years contract, he will be bought out.
He will be too slow for the top line by year 3, and then spend the next 5 years putting up 35-45 points. I guarantee it.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
That's actually a fair point. Though I think if Landy doesn't age well with a big 8 year contract, that could have something to do with not being able to build a contender.

Also I wonder if Sakic would be willing to go 8 years if he only gives Landy a NMC the first three, and then no restrictions after?

And if Landy would be willing to accept that in return for more term/security? Might be a last ditch effort to compromise on a deal.

Already suggested that. Hate anything guaranteed over 5 years. Give him a NMC for up to 5 years on a 7-8 year term. But AAV should be lower and it gives him some certainty. If he wants to chase the $ then he can.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I’m already a little shocked that there’s been no media talk of an analytics driven team like Seattle having interest in JMac but now this definitely concerns me that other NHL teams might be. A team like Tampa for example would absolutely love to have JMac on that league min contract as a 7th D who can play when needed.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I wonder if teams can use Seattle to pick players from rivals that don't give them cap relief. Like if Seattle is planning on JTC and the stars don't want us to have cap, maybe they go after a guy like Jmac. Just an example, not really a fully thought out one either.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Does the trade market open up after Seattle’s roster is submitted, or after the televised draft tonight?

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Drafting Jost cost Sakic his friendship with Patrick Roy. Jost is going to be on this team as long as Sakic is running things.

I thought it was Radulov who cost their friendship ?? I was under the impression that Roy wanted Radu with the Avs at all cost and Joe said no .

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I thought it was Radulov who cost their friendship ?? I was under the impression that Roy wanted Radu with the Avs at all cost and Joe said no .

The 3 things Roy wanted in draft/free agency week that tipped him over…

- Radulov signed
- Barrie traded instead of extended
- 1st round pick(Jost) traded for help

He didn’t want to rebuild and wanted Barrie traded for a different type of defenseman(more physical and defensive).

Reactions: Frenchy

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Maybe as a 13th forward in case someone gets hurt but my hope is that the Avs have learned their lesson from recent years. A bunch of 5-11 depth forwards who can skate and PK pretty well but don't hit or play a physical game don't really help you much in the playoffs.

Players like Jordan Martinook and Carter Rowney (if healthy and fully recovered) should definitely be looked at for the 4th line as should Luke Glendering to replace Bellemare as 4th line C. (faceoffs)

If we keep adding players who are easy to play against, we'll never go anywhere in the post season. Our top guys are who they are but the bottom part of the roster needs to be a pain in the ass to play against.

This, this and so much this , Thank you my friend :thumbu:

Reactions: Bender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad