Speculation: 2020-21 Stars Roster Speculation and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Hakan Anderson, the greatest scout of all time, stopped playing hockey at 19 and was a professional fishing guide prior to being hired by the Red Wings

Yeah I’m not so sure that’s a common theme in carving out a path to be an NHL scout :sarcasm:

No but seriously having some pro experience is typically a pre-req for the guys you see in head of pro scouting. He doesn’t even have pro scouting experience. He’s been in the WHL as an assistant coach and then VP/GM since his playing days.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah I’m not so sure that’s a common theme in carving out a path to be an NHL scout :sarcasm:

No but seriously having some pro experience is typically a pre-req for the guys you see in head of pro scouting. He doesn’t even have pro scouting experience. He’s been in the WHL as an assistant coach and then VP/GM since his playing days.

He worked as a scout for the Stars since 15-16 .

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I think the Stars could put up more of a fight than the Preds but its not worth it this year. The team was too injured to do anything major this year . Get everybody healthy and rested up and ready to go for next season .

Stars' playoff run really messed with the perception of the team. They missed the playoffs this year for the same reason they struggled just to get in, and the same reason they lost in the Finals: struggling to score, and lack of intelligent aggression (bottom of the barrel this year in 1st period goals just like last year). Except for Florida, none of their would-be opponents have the issue Calgary and Colorado had last year. Those two teams are the only reason Bowness is credited with "being more aggressive." They had a nice run against bad goaltending.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
There really isn’t any off-season threads yet so let’s talk here. Jason Robertson with a goal against Finland in the World Championships !

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Robertson has a very interesting shooting motion. Seems like it makes the shot heavy and more deceptive.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Watching Conor Garland at the World's with Robertson.. would be a nice add for us.

I know the Yotes are not known to be a smart organisation but i don't see how they're letting Garland go. Maybe if the owner refused to pay money for the RFA's or something .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I know the Yotes are not known to be a smart organisation but i don't see how they're letting Garland go. Maybe if the owner refused to pay money for the RFA's or something .

O Shit, I thought he was a UFA.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Stars' playoff run really messed with the perception of the team. They missed the playoffs this year for the same reason they struggled just to get in, and the same reason they lost in the Finals: struggling to score, and lack of intelligent aggression (bottom of the barrel this year in 1st period goals just like last year). Except for Florida, none of their would-be opponents have the issue Calgary and Colorado had last year. Those two teams are the only reason Bowness is credited with "being more aggressive." They had a nice run against bad goaltending.

This needs to be repeated ad nauseum. If Dallas faced the 2021 version of Talbot backstopping Minnie, they'd probably be done in round 1. He was atrocious against us last playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad