2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
A lot of roster talk in different threads for next year so I thought it would be time to start this thread. I did a quick lineup on capfriendly for what I've seen around here and thought could play out to put the numbers in perspective. Obviously de Haan, Seabrook, and Shaw are wild cards but I included them if they were healthy.

Trades
Trade Smith with 1M retained in the off-season or deadline.
Trade Maatta for whatever we can get or buy out in the off-season.
Trade Saad at the deadline or off-season.

Signings
Re-sign Lehner, Kubalik, and Strome.
We could probably sign a free agent for around 3M or re-sign Cagguila for less than that.

Note: Some of the guys in the lineup are place holders for cap (Sikura, Quenneville, and Gilbert,) Can't really predict if guys will make it out of camp.

Cap.PNG

Forward Lines.PNG

Defense.PNG

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I posted this on the main board in a thread for what rosters could look like in the 21-22 season. How badly off do you guys think I am?

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Strome
??-??-??
??-Kampf-??

Keith-Boqvist
Maatta-Mitchell
Beaudin-Murphy

Lehner
Lankinen

Future unknown for:

-Saad
-Gustafsson
-Crawford
-Nylander
-Shaw
-Smith
-de Haan
-Seabrook
-Sikura
-Caggiula
-Carpenter
-Koekkoek

Possible young players who can fill in the ??:

-Kurashev
-Barratt
-Kayumov
-Entwistle
-Antti Saarela

If the Hawks don't do a hard rebuild, they're basically waiting for Dach/Boqvist/Mitchell to develop faster than Toews/Kane/Keith fall off a cliff. It's a risky game, but there may be a one or two year overlap where they're all good at the same time. There will likely be a flurry of lower-profile moves this deadline if the Hawks fall totally out of things so I have no clue what the third line will look like in a few years, so I won't even speculate.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
There are NO players in the system to replace Toews at 1C once he finishes his contract and slides to a 3C lesser role IF he accepts less cap hit by a lot tovre-sogn and retires a career Blackhawks player..No way he will play top mo utes at C anymore after his current deal ends...

So we simply must draft a top C talent ...not convinced Dach will be cone that..maybe a 2C but his faceoofss are not like Toews.

We nerd a 1C who can generate like Kane but wi draws and be getti +/- and pk in roles Toews now fills.

We will nerd tpbtrade Saad for cap space relief v and that hopefully brings a 1st rou der (albeit later one ) from a co tender .

We can retain salary for this season ...who might be I treated?

Boston nerds scoring g and Pitsburgh is Hhis hometown ..son.maybe we can make a deal and take a bad contract back for thos seaso to help them"go all in"..The summer would let these teams sort out the Caos for next seaso .

Saad 1 year left at $6.0...

We cannot afford hom next seaso if we have to pay Leh er K u alike and Strome...

Well you say..what if Hawks climb back I to a playoff spot by the TDL...ok then trade him at the draft..maybe we do not get a 1st but 2 2nds over 2 drafts plus some other asset who might develop I tome.

Hard to sAy when he goes.. ut for cap reasons regarding our exte sions he will have to be moved.That $6.0 has got to come off the books to go e us more room beyond just CC
being moved.

If we are ba k in co tention at the TFL then they must weigh the risk of relying on Lankinen as a back-up should Lehner get hurt o any playoff fun vs. Keeping CC as insurance for a run at it but getting zero for him as he gets to FA ..

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
There are NO players in the system to replace Toews at 1C once he finishes his contract and slides to a 3C lesser role IF he accepts less cap hit by a lot tovre-sogn and retires a career Blackhawks player..No way he will play top mo utes at C anymore after his current deal ends...

So we simply must draft a top C talent ...not convinced Dach will be cone that..maybe a 2C but his faceoofss are not like Toews.

We nerd a 1C who can generate like Kane but wi draws and be getti +/- and pk in roles Toews now fills.

We will nerd tpbtrade Saad for cap space relief v and that hopefully brings a 1st rou der (albeit later one ) from a co tender .

We can retain salary for this season ...who might be I treated?

Boston nerds scoring g and Pitsburgh is Hhis hometown ..son.maybe we can make a deal and take a bad contract back for thos seaso to help them"go all in"..The summer would let these teams sort out the Caos for next seaso .

Saad 1 year left at $6.0...

We cannot afford hom next seaso if we have to pay Leh er K u alike and Strome...

Well you say..what if Hawks climb back I to a playoff spot by the TDL...ok then trade him at the draft..maybe we do not get a 1st but 2 2nds over 2 drafts plus some other asset who might develop I tome.

Hard to sAy when he goes.. ut for cap reasons regarding our exte sions he will have to be moved.That $6.0 has got to come off the books to go e us more room beyond just CC
being moved.

If we are ba k in co tention at the TFL then they must weigh the risk of relying on Lankinen as a back-up should Lehner get hurt o any playoff fun vs. Keeping CC as insurance for a run at it but getting zero for him as he gets to FA ..

Imagine saying, unequivocally, that a guy will never be a first line center because he's not good at faceoffs at 18 years old.

Almost as ridiculous as saying he's soft because he calls his mom a lot...

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm not giving Kubalik 3.5M

Don't need another Panik situation.

Kubalik is doing a lot of little things right. I think he's being rewarded for them at a rate that is likely to drop, but it doesn't change the fact that he's doing a lot of little things in a correct and simple way.

Hawks need more guys like Kubalik.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I hope Hawks can keep Kubiliak and I'd be wary of giving him a commitment beyond a mid level bridge deal (2 or 3 years at say 3 mil). I also think he's more of a middle six type guy than a 1st liner long term, but obviously they should roll with what is working right now.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad