Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I hope Seattle doesn't take Joey either, his puck handling could be valuable to this team in getting the puck out of their zone.

If he's not picked I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded. The Senators just have too many goalies in their system right now and not enough spots for them all to play.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Totally fine if Seattle takes Daccord - down the road he may be something but we have 3-4 guys who all have the same chance. (Gus, Sogreat, Redtab)

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I'm sad to see Daccord go, but I do think Gus is a better goalie prospect in addition to being 2 years younger. Soogard and Levi are incredibly promising too. Not as big a loss as some might think.
I wonder what the plan is for Forsberg.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sorry to see Joey Daccord go, but with all the goalies Ottawa has it's a position where we could afford to lose a player. Unfortunately, they still have Tierny & Dadonov, but hopefully they can move one or both before the beginning of the season. If not, I assume someone will take Tierny at the TDL, but again if not, it will be his last yr in any account. I would also assume that Dadonov might be bought out if they can't find someone to take him after this season.

While I expect that Pinto should start the yr in Ottawa, the following season Ottawa should start the yr with Sanderson, Sokolov & probably Gustavsson who I expect to finish this coming season in Ottawa if Forsberg is traded at the TDL.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Sogaard and Gus both need to play full time. My guess is Forsberg gets put on waivers because there aren’t enough AHL and NHK spots and I’m guessing they want Sogaatd as the starter in the A.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sogaard and Gus both need to play full time. My guess is Forsberg gets put on waivers because there aren’t enough AHL and NHK spots and I’m guessing they want Sogaatd as the starter in the A.

Then why did they sign Forsberg to that 1 year contract?

Murray-Forsberg : NHL
Gustavsson-Sogaard : AHL
Mandolese : ECHL

... until further notice. Signing Forsberg was really not needed. Gustavsson looks ready to at least be a back up and could even push Murray to play better

Our best duo next season would IMO be Murray-Gustavsson AINEC

Reactions: Sting

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

... until further notice. Signing Forsberg was really not needed. Gustavsson looks ready to at least be a back up and could even push Murray to play better

Probably Dorion know he’s gonna lose Daccord. What happened if one of Murray or Gus injury this year

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Probably Dorion know he’s gonna lose Daccord. What happened if one of Murray or Gus injury this year

True but Sogaard or Mandolese could play a game or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sogaard excel right away. But they're young and you don't want them to play too many games so early, maybe just give them a NHL taste

But you might not even need to start them (recall one to sit on the bench), because you'd probably have time to either claim a goalie on waivers, trade a late pick to get one. or even sign one

There's 65 UFA goalies right now. Ok maybe they're not all worth a NHL spot but there's always going to be options because there's only 64 NHL jobs.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Seriously, finding a backup goalie is easy. Finding a good one is not as easy but with the goalie pipeline we have right now (even after losing Daccord), we should be fine for a while

I'd work on improving team's defense and scoring ability.

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
tenor.gif

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I assume they are hoping to flip him at the TDL since he is a UFA at yr's end & go with Gus as the backup for the remainder of the season. Gustavsson showed last yr that he is already good enough to play in the NHL & with the number of games left after the TDL hopefully continues his good play. And if that is the case I expect Gus to be the backup to Murray the following yr.

Gus & Mandolese will likely play in Belleville until the TDL when Gus should be called up & Sogaard & Mandolese should finish the season in Belleville unless nobody wants Forsberg then they will need to wait until next season. I assume Sogaard being the youngest & last one here will probably start in the ECHL somewhere since the Sens don't have Brampton any more. Anyone know if they are affiliated with any ECHL team?

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think it is Dorion's penchant for veteran goaltenders and players. The last off-season acquisitions were an example of that.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Wally and Meth were doing a live pre-draft stream earlier tonight with Ian Mendes. I checked it out for a bit and they had Egor Sokolov on. He was describing his summer so far. He stayed in the Maritimes because back in Russia it would've been vodka at the cottage. He said he hits the weight room and rink 5 days a week and is eating nothing but lean protein. He's dropped from 240 to 214 and none of those pounds were muscle. He says he's stronger than ever.

It sounded really good. He's making a believer out of me.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wally and Meth were doing a live pre-draft stream earlier tonight with Ian Mendes. I checked it out for a bit and they had Egor Sokolov on. He was describing his summer so far. He stayed in the Maritimes because back in Russia it would've been vodka at the cottage. He said he hits the weight room and rink 5 days a week and is eating nothing but lean protein. He's dropped from 240 to 214 and none of those pounds were muscle. He says he's stronger than ever.

He's skating with Jill Plandowski. Her husband made the pick for Arizona tonight as the head scout, her son will go in the 2nd or 3rd tomorrow

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Kids a worker - great pick. I thought he lost that weight last year :)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

You said 214 from 240??? Jeez man. Sokolov gonna be lean as f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad