News Article: 2020 - 2021 NHL, 56 games, Jan.13th target date.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There is only chance for us to be above CHI, if Zadina goes full Kucherov and Debrincat with Kubalik goes full Pulkinnen.

The offence is quite meaningless. If we will be significantly better, it's thanks to that defence + real goaltending and low-scoring more than jump in offensive power. Namestnikov + Ryan help something as depth.

Chicago could regress with their goalies, which are huge question marks compared to Crawford/Lehner, they had in the past - Guys were putting great numbers, when their crap defence was leaking.

It's GAA which could do a jump for us (in a good scenario), and same GAA could put Hawks to fall drastically (in a bad scenario).

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
The offence is quite meaningless. If we will be significantly better, it's thanks to that defence + real goaltending and low-scoring more than jump in offensive power. Namestnikov + Ryan help something as depth.

Chicago could regress with their goalies, which are huge question marks compared to Crawford/Lehner, they had in the past - Guys were putting great numbers, when their crap defence was leaking.

It's GAA which could do a jump for us (in a good scenario), and same GAA could put Hawks to fall drastically (in a bad scenario).
I think our future D core is looking very good right now. So many big kids who can skate and have high upside. Once Seider steps in we will look much better. I would be stacking on D and G prospects and sign some good center when we are confident in our blueline. Aside from 2nd line center we are good with forwards i think.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Reactions: Mount Suribachi

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Reactions: Gniwder

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
This is my rank for the Division:

1. TBL - 0.640 (estimated points percentage, small regression, still the best team)
2. CAR - 0.620 (comes from very strong Metropolitan)
3. CBJ - 0.600 (comes from very strong Metropolitan)
4. NSH - 0.570 (will probably rebound after a coaching change which messed last season)
-------------------
5. MIN - 0.550 (comes from strong division, everybody is expecting a regression, but not too fast.)
------------------
6.-7. FLO - 0.500 (lost some key players and comes from easy division)
6.-7. CHI - 0.500 (maybe better team with easier opponents, but man those goalies are crap compared to Crawford/Lehner)
8. DET - 0.400 (we will be better, but not enough)

Top4 goes to playoffs, Minnesota as bubble/wildcard playoff team. If Chicago goalies (Malcolm Subban + Collin Delia) are good, then they have a possibility for playoffs. But I'm sceptical. That defence is stil crap and goalies have to stand on their head.

BTW, what is the playoff system?

I think this about where I see it, with the exception of Minnesota. Good chance they fall to .470 or so.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I apologise if it's been said, but the ELC slide is now 7 games instead of the 10 usual games (e.g. if you play 7 games, it burns a year off your ELC contract). It'll be interesting to see if and when Seider / Veleno / Raymond come over after their season is done in Europe.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Update for the Central (Minnesota changed to Dallas)

PosCentralOld DivisionEstimationPts
1TBLEasy0,65273
2CARStrong0,60768
3DALStrong0,59867
4CBJStrong0,57164
5NSHStrong0,56363
6FLOEasy0,53660
7CHIStrong0,51858
8DET”Easy”0,40245
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also tweaked my formula a bit. Dallas will come in as stronger team than Minnesota. I'm gonna adjust every Division to be estimated to get 0.556 point on average, which is 3-year points percentage average in NHL. That will push some team point totals a bit up in Easy Divisions like Canada and West. And some strong teams point totals are gonna be pushed up in strong Divisions.

Red Wings till the worst team in the League.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So, as anticipated, the off-side rule was changed. Now the skate blade does not need to be touching the ice.

I'm trying to figure out what this solves? I would rather they just got rid of the off-side challenge, it's the worst rule in hockey.

Ep4Nl63XUAMTeDB.jpeg

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
Rumors are that the schedule is coming out today around 3 PM. The Pistons are home on the 13th and 15th so it would seem like the Wings will be starting on the road.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Rumors are that the schedule is coming out today around 3 PM. The Pistons are home on the 13th and 15th so it would seem like the Wings will be starting on the road.
Haha, my only schedule of interest:
* Progress for Zadina and Hronek
* Seider's first game in Detroit
* The draft lottery
* The draft
* Who joins the big club next year

Love me some rebuild...

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Haha, my only schedule of interest:
* Progress for Zadina and Hronek
* Seider's first game in Detroit
* The draft lottery
* The draft
* Who joins the big club next year

Love me some rebuild...
Right I don’t mind the ups and downs of a generation of hockey. I like the rebuild and I like the winning I hope to see two more cycles before I die lol. I just hope we don’t get a perpetual rebuild. That would suck.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'm grateful to have the NHL back all things considered, but I know by midseason I'll be really annoyed watching us play the same 7 teams. Over & over & over, then 5 more times. Though that'll also lead to stronger rivalries in the future.

2 road games vs. same team is an interesting dynamic. Should lead to some intense matches, especially on the 2nd game (no time to diffuse).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So, as anticipated, the off-side rule was changed. Now the skate blade does not need to be touching the ice.

I'm trying to figure out what this solves? I would rather they just got rid of the off-side challenge, it's the worst rule in hockey.

View attachment 380015

This should have been the original rule anyway. This probably represents a few goals a year for your team at least in my opinion so on the balance of a season who knows maybe 75 to 100 for the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad