2019 Start/Sit Week 3

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Should I start Ridley vs IND or Ingram vs KC in my Flex

Ridley has been very productive the last two games (while on my bench) 16 targets 169 yrds and 2 tds

Ingram had a monster game week one but week 2 Jackson led the team in rushing and he ended up with just under 80 yards mixed from scrimmage.

Both have good matchups coming up but I also noticed that Ingram is probable with an injury but furthermore in week one Gus actually had 3 more touches from snap and they were playing the Dolphins.

So in my mind Ridley probably should be the guy to start in flex ?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Ridley has been very productive the last two games (while on my bench) 16 targets 169 yrds and 2 tds

Ingram had a monster game week one but week 2 Jackson led the team in rushing and he ended up with just under 80 yards mixed from scrimmage.

Both have good matchups coming up but I also noticed that Ingram is probable with an injury but furthermore in week one Gus actually had 3 more touches from snap and they were playing the Dolphins.

Baltimore benched the starters in week 1, so that explains Gus' touches, the Arizona game is probably a better indicator moving forward. Jackson did throw more in Arizona than I expected though.

I think Ingram will probably always have more upside, but Ridley is the safer pick with upside himself. It'll just be impossible predict what Ingram will do. He could have a game where he grinds away and gets 100 yards, but you could also have Jackson leading the way with designed runs.

Reactions: tacogeoff

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would you guys bench Mixon until he performs. I can play Montgomery at RB with Boyd, Fitzgerald, Kittle, White, or Gordon in 2 flex spots. He won't bust all year, but it's too big of a risk to keep playing, right?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Would you guys bench Mixon until he performs. I can play Montgomery at RB with Boyd, Fitzgerald, Kittle, White, or Gordon in 2 flex spots. He won't bust all year, but it's too big of a risk to keep playing, right?

I would feel much more confident starting Montogmery this week against the Redskins than Mixon vs the Bills.

On paper Montgomery has the better matchup...…...but anything can happen on game day.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
PPR:

Edelman or Tyler Boyd?

Standard:

Mixon, D. Freeman or Damien Williams?

.5 PPR:

Ingram or Mixon?

I like Boyd as he is the top target on the team right now. Edelman seemed to take a hit in targets last game with AB on the field.

Mixon would be your best bet. Even though he is having a terrible start he is still doing better than Freeman and Williams is going against one of the best run defences so far this season plus it feels like Shady has been getting more and more touches every game.

Ingram over Mixon

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I am in a good but weird situation. I picked up DAK after week 1 to use as trade bait. I have not got an offer that I like for him yet.

I also have Mahomes.

Mahomes is going against a very good defense in Baltimore and he is usually a must start year round...……….BUT Dak is going against Miami in Dallas.

I am leaning towards starting Dak due to matchups.

good idea?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am in a good but weird situation. I picked up DAK after week 1 to use as trade bait. I have not got an offer that I like for him yet.

I also have Mahomes.

Mahomes is going against a very good defense in Baltimore and he is usually a must start year round...……….BUT Dak is going against Miami in Dallas.

good idea?
Mahomes to me is in that category of never bench. I could easily see Dallas going to the run game after getting to a certain score. Dak will put up numbers, but Mahomes is matchup-proof. Until he shows that last season was unsustainable, never bench Mahomes.

Boom, Bust, and Everything In Between – Quarterbacks (2019 Fantasy Football)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Mahomes to me is in that category of never bench. I could easily see Dallas going to the run game after getting to a certain score. Dak will put up numbers, but Mahomes is matchup-proof.

This is true and I also agree with your analysis that Dallas could switch to the run game to get Zeke back into full beast mode after getting the score up.

My main issue watching the last game two KC games was that his protection was not the greatest against the Jags and Oakland in the first halves of the game and I am a tad worried about the Baltimore D shredding their Oline.

but like you said Mahomes is a very hard name to put on your bench lol.

I am also hoping Dak has a huge game as it will increase his trade stock a bit more. Almost had D.Henry for Dak trade last night but the other manager wanted to see what Henry does on Thursday first.....his loss I guess as he has Newton as a QB and I wont trade him next week as I play him lol.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Christian Kirk, Raheem Mostert or either of Denver's RBs as my flex? Standard scoring
Also
Should I trust Goff vs Cleveland or look to pick up a QB off waivers for this week (Dalton, Brisset plus a few others available)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is true and I also agree with your analysis that Dallas could switch to the run game to get Zeke back into full beast mode after getting the score up.

My main issue watching the last game two KC games was that his protection was not the greatest against the Jags and Oakland in the first halves of the game and I am a tad worried about the Baltimore D shredding their Oline.

but like you said Mahomes is a very hard name to put on your bench lol.

I am also hoping Dak has a huge game as it will increase his trade stock a bit more. Almost had D.Henry for Dak trade last night but the other manager wanted to see what Henry does on Thursday first.....his loss I guess as he has Newton as a QB and I wont trade him next week as I play him lol.

I don't think you can go wrong, they are 1-2 in most week 3 rankings that I see. That's how I'd have them too.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
1 pt ppr. pick 2

gordon vs jets, gore vs bengals, samuel vs cards, chark vs titans, mostert vs steelers

.5 ppr.

pick one for both

fitz vs panthers, gordon vs jets, or chark vs titans

carson vs saints, conner vs niners, or white vs jets

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Christian Kirk, Raheem Mostert or either of Denver's RBs as my flex? Standard scoring
Also
Should I trust Goff vs Cleveland or look to pick up a QB off waivers for this week (Dalton, Brisset plus a few others available)

Flex
Kirk plays Carolina who so far is in the top 5 pass defense and held Goff to under 200 yards and one TD week one.
Mostert going against the steelers who will be playing a backup qb and their D is in the bottom half of the league for stopping the run
Broncos play Greenbay in Greenbay. They have given up some big runs but I cant see the Broncos fairing well in this one and be playing from behind and throwing the ball more than running.

I would probably go Mostert

I would go with Goff . GOff, Dalton and Brisset have tough match ups this week imo.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
1 pt ppr. pick 2

gordon vs jets, gore vs bengals, samuel vs cards, chark vs titans, mostert vs steelers

.5 ppr.

pick one for both

Dj Chark has been the most consistant out of all of them with a back up qb but plays Tennessee.
Gore has a great matchup vs the Bengals.
Samuel has a nice matchup vs the Cards who I believe are still missing their top CBs? (not 100% though)

I would probably go Gore + Samuel or Gore + Mostert

.5ppr

Fitz/Chark. I feel in NE there is just too many targets for Brady (white/AB/burkhead/Edelman/Dorsett) which will limit Gordon. Boom or Bust.

Conner (if he plays)

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

I also have Mahomes.

good idea?
I wouldn't. I think BAL - KC is a potential shootout the way that Lamar is playing.

DAL should roll MIA and turn to the run game pretty early.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
0.5ppr

I need 1 RB out of D. Freeman, Breida and Mack, and a flex of either john brown, Lockett, john ross, or any of the RBs I just listed.

Also in my deeper 0.5 ppr league, McLaurin, Mecole or Duke Johnson?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I'd go with Ridley

PPR:

Edelman or Tyler Boyd?

Standard:

Mixon, D. Freeman or Damien Williams?

.5 PPR:

Ingram or Mixon?

Boyd
Mixon
Ingram

I also have Mahomes.

good idea?

Mahomes. Don't get cute.

Also

Mostert
Yeah, I'd give Goff another week.

1 pt ppr. pick 2

.5 ppr.

pick one for both

Gore (can't believe I'm saying that in 2019) and Mostert
Fitz
White

Ryan or Wilson, Ryan or Wentz

Half pt ppr
Connor or Hyde

Pick 3: Allen, Thielen, Lockett, Cooper, Godwin

Ryan, Ryan
Conner
Allen, Godwin, Cooper

PPR
Pick 2 of the 3 (one will go into my flex the other WR 2)
Emmanuel Sanders, Robert Woods and Calvin Ridley

Sit Woods

Start 1 FLEX .5 PPR:

Raheem Mostert
Carlos Hyde
Rashaad Penny

Mostert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad