2019 Season Discussion Thread

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Had 3 playoff leagues this year, team I'm playing against put up over 160 PPR in each league.

Need Jake Elliott to get 7 points tonight to win 1 matchup or my year is finito. Just some terrible luck, we switched to an 8 man playoff this year (I voted against it), I finish in 2nd, should get a bye but not anymore, and the 7th place team puts up 160 points. Another league I'm highest scoring team in the league, end up in 3rd because of Dalvin's injury in the last week of the regular season, play the 6th place team who puts up 165.

f***in fantasy man.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What a huuuuuuge setback for elite WRs this season, it'll be really interesting to see what the draft looks like at that position next year. Thomas is really the only receiver that was thought to be elite that is exceeding expectations. Mike Evans is really solid overall, but it's been a very inconsistent season for him (3 180+ yard games, with no other games over 100 yards). Godwin had a big breakout, but Tampa is such an anomaly. We aren't going to see a QB chucking it like Winston is again next year with zero fear of getting picked off, I wouldn't think. Hopkins is probably the next best of that elite group of WRs, and his numbers are WAY down.

Honestly, in what other season could a highly touted receiver like DJ Moore break out into a top 5 WR for yards and do it this quietly with no talk surrounding him?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Moral question...

I have the first waiver claim in a dynasty league. The order as far as I know does not carry over. I did not make the playoffs. The person with the second waiver claim is in the semis.

Should I burn it on DeAndre Washington, who is one of the top adds of the week? Or should I not since I'm eliminated for this year?

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Started out 3-6, finished 8-6 and made the playoffs in a 4 team playoff. Nearly missed it as the highest scoring team, had to win this week.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Moral question...

I have the first waiver claim in a dynasty league. The order as far as I know does not carry over. I did not make the playoffs. The person with the second waiver claim is in the semis.

Should I burn it on DeAndre Washington, who is one of the top adds of the week? Or should I not since I'm eliminated for this year?
If you don't have rules against eliminated teams making waiver claims - then go for it.

For what it's worth I know that teams in my league will.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Moral question...

My thoughts are always this, if the league has something to play for or at stake for the losers or it's a potential keeper or obviously dynasty, then I make the move. If there is nothing at stake, I'll at least wait till waivers are over.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Had a real bad beat last week. Won the regular season and played the 8th seed in the first round of playoffs. I put up a whopping 138 pts which would win any normal matchup...the 8th seed put up 166 pts which was the highest week total of the season lmao

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Lamar is amazing. He'll be my keeper as my 7th round pick and I'll have a top 6 pick, so hopefully next season plays out better for me.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Made it to the finals in one league and playing for 3rd in another. the other two I made playoffs but am in the consolation/participation medal category.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
With Evans/Godwin injuries, DJ Moore has a good shot to finish with the 2nd most receiving yards this year. Don't think many saw that coming.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Won both my semis in blowout fashion, lost Godwin though but hopefully TY can be his old self next week

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
So... they made it sound like Andrews wasn't going to play much, so I benched him.

Well lamar just ended my season with that performance

Combination of this ended up costing me my season.

Still holding out hope in another league, but I need Michael Thomas to put up 11 points or less, so not holding my breath.

Really disappointing football week between my Titans and losing in the semis in three separate leagues.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'm so bitter, me league of record changed to 8 team playoffs, i finish 2nd, don't get the bye anymore.

I have outscored every single team in weeks 14/15 except 1, which I lost to in week 14, when I shouldn't have even been playing. I put up 190 last week.

So much bs luck involved in fantasy sometimes.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I'm so bitter, me league of record changed to 8 team playoffs, i finish 2nd, don't get the bye anymore.

I have outscored every single team in weeks 14/15 except 1, which I lost to in week 14, when I shouldn't have even been playing. I put up 190 last week.

So much bs luck involved in fantasy sometimes.

8 teams out of how many? Unless you have 14+ teams, 8 seems outrageous.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
8 teams out of how many? Unless you have 14+ teams, 8 seems outrageous.
8/12.

It's ridiculous, I campaigned against it all year but the vote before the season was 7-5 in favour of changing from 6 to 8 teams. We'd been on 6 team playoffs for prob 7-8 years. If it was still 6 team playoffs I would be in the finals. My team is stacked, Lamar, Dalvin, Carson, Ekeler, Hopkins, Julio, Chark/Shepard, Waller, BAL D, then Mostert/Mattison/Cooks on the bench.

UGh

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
8/12.

It's ridiculous, I campaigned against it all year but the vote before the season was 7-5 in favour of changing from 6 to 8 teams. We'd been on 6 team playoffs for prob 7-8 years. If it was still 6 team playoffs I would be in the finals. My team is stacked, Lamar, Dalvin, Carson, Ekeler, Hopkins, Julio, Chark/Shepard, Waller, BAL D, then Mostert/Mattison/Cooks on the bench.

UGh

Heck, I think 6 out of 12 is too many. 8? Yuck.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad