Speculation: 2019 offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I offer Murray a one-year prove it deal, that if he can play in 90% of the games, he gets the long term deal next summer. Will he sign it? Probably not. Does he have arbitration rights?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No no no no no. Dont even start this **** i dont want to remember we are losing Bob and Panarin.. Best players in franchise history are going somewhere else. Dont even want to think next season its going be horrible.

That was this year. Next year is when you forget about that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I offer Murray a one-year prove it deal, that if he can play in 90% of the games, he gets the long term deal next summer. Will he sign it? Probably not. Does he have arbitration rights?

They can do arbitration, yes. Arbitrators tend to heavily weigh factors like ice time and games played. They typically make one year awards. He'll get something like 1 year $5m.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
"It is what it is"

At least 1 trade, that didn't occur, should have happened at the deadline.

I wonder how close it was to happening. I'm willing to bet the Kinkaid move was more than "insurance".

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I think the healthy scratch ended his time in Columbus. Not that I'm broken up about it...
Yeah that and getting little minutes after he was back in. And same, I'm not broken up about it if he doesn't come back. I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back but not at the price he'll want. And I sure hope Jarmo doesn't offer him a $5 mil+ a season to justify the trade/if he can't find anyone to take Panarin's spot.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
No no no no no. Dont even start this **** i dont want to remember we are losing Bob and Panarin.. Best players in franchise history are going somewhere else. Dont even want to think next season its going be horrible.

seth_jones_9-20-4_3.jpg

Reactions: Drumman44

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
For ~40 years I've watched the playoffs all the way to the cup.

I have no interest in watching 1 more minute of hockey this season. None

all the drama this team went through this year, put it together against Tampa, now lose to those arrogant f***s.

[MOD]

Now we go into what's sure to be drama filled off season,

Stars who want out of town. Here's a one way ticket, get the f*** out.

If you don't want to be here, hit the f***ing road. Adios mother f***ers.

I already have my Alltrails App set up. (If you like to go hiking, this App is awesome)

plan on plenty of hiking, kayaking and fishing. Trip mapped out this weekend.

Everyone have a great summer. Apology to anyone I offended.

I've lived and died with this team like many others on this board for 19 years now. This was tough.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
I'd actually be okay with that. I think Kinkaid would sign a one-year deal to be the good soldier/vet backup/mentor to the young hot shot. I think it's time to move on from Korpi. He had a real chance this season (opening night starter) and absolutely blew it. Not once was I confident with him in goal.

If you can get him to do that, that's definitely the best option, but the fact that he did so well with NJD and has a pretty good stat line, he'd be cutting his own throat to take a 1 year deal, potentially risking a career ending injury or a complete crap-the-bed kind of season that damages his earning potential. If I'm him, I have to have a 3 year deal minimum and to take it, you'd have to pay me above market for the privilege of getting rid of me so soon. But maybe you're right - he seems like a good teammate who bought into the team immediately, so maybe there's a chance.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I believe Elvis will be starting Opening night. It is clear how highly they think of him and the way they've handled his contract situation. He has also been skating and working with Manny Legace on his own away from the rest of the team. I believe they were keeping him away from Bob and Korpi on purpose to not be a distraction. I wouldn't be surprised if they move Korpi and go into next year with an Elvis/Kinkaid combo since we know Kinkaid has a bit more experience and basically carried the Devils last season.

I like Kinkaid, and I suppose if you get a 1st rounder for Korpi you could move Korpi. But I don't think we know yet what Korpi would do if really given the net. And as bad as Korpi's year was last year, you can't say Kinkaid's was any better.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I like Kinkaid, and I suppose if you get a 1st rounder for Korpi you could move Korpi. But I don't think we know yet what Korpi would do if really given the net. And as bad as Korpi's year was last year, you can't say Kinkaid's was any better.

korpi fetching a first rounder?.... that has to be one of the most comical things i've ever read on HF. thanks for the laugh. Korpi might be worth a 3rd round pick, at most. His value is minuscule

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Any interest in Pavelski? He's getting old but still produces. Could be risky giving him a big contract at his age. Although I doubt he leaves San Jose.

What about Hayes?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Any interest in Pavelski? He's getting old but still produces. Could be risky giving him a big contract at his age. Although I doubt he leaves San Jose.

What about Hayes?

I cannot see Pavelski leaving SJ, ever.. just like I cannot see Foligno leaving the 614, ever.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Joonas Korpisalo? I think he might fetch a late 1st. Definitely a 2nd at minimum.

A lot of goalies emerge in their late 20s. If I'm the GM of a team that needs a goalie, I look at my high 2nd rounder and think this might be a starter in five years, and then I look at Korpisalo and think this might be a starter in a year or two. He hasn't been good with any consistency but he's got better physical tools than lots of NHL starters.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Wasn’t he on a 1 year deal this season to try and prove he could be healthy? We can only do this so many time before wasting his time and ours.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I cannot see Pavelski leaving SJ, ever.. just like I cannot see Foligno leaving the 614, ever.
I have no idea what SJ has for cap space but if they need money for Karlsson, it might come at the expense of Pavelski. But I'm sure he'll take a slight discount and SJ will get rid of other players to keep both Karlsson and Pavelski.

Other notable UFa's are Lee (although like Pavelski , I can't see Lee leaving his team). Nyquist, Ferland, Nelson.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Other notable UFa's are Lee (although like Pavelski , I can't see Lee leaving his team). Nyquist, Ferland, Nelson.

The problem is that you don't want to get locked in long term (6+ years) with any of those guys. I think it will be more about the trade market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad