Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
What did you all learn? Don't believe Jimmy Murphy. All the Bruins fans kept saying he was full of shit and proves once again that he is.

Also, him joining Carolina is strange considering that they are in the same boat as us. Chances are Priskie won't have a spot on their roster until 2020-2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
What did you all learn? Don't believe Jimmy Murphy. All the Bruins fans kept saying he was full of **** and proves once again that he is.

Also, him joining Carolina is strange considering that they are in the same boat as us. Chances are Priskie won't have a spot on their roster until 2020-2021.

Yeah very strange, they are even deeper at RHD than we are.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah very strange, they are even deeper at RHD than we are.
Apparently Pesce is moving to the left side but even then, they are stacked on the right side. Probably came down to him liking Raleigh and neither us or Florida were ever in the mix.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Changing topic my gut says Martel will be a 13th forward and two crunch players will make the team. Are you guys excited?

Does anyone have a strong opinion on who they may be?

I’ll go with Stephens and Volkov. They are both 22, they each have two years of AHL experience. I feel like they fit “our needs” the best and would make our team better.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Changing topic my gut says Martel will be a 13th forward and two crunch players will make the team. Are you guys excited?

Does anyone have a strong opinion on who they may be?

I’ll go with Stephens and Volkov. They are both 22, they each have two years of AHL experience. I feel like they fit “our needs” the best and would make our team better.
Since someone put him on my radar (fully), I have to think Verhaeghe comes up. He's 24, waiver eligible, and went over PPG in the AHL. I think we need to see what we have in him before Stephens and Volkov both come up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Since someone put him on my radar (fully), I have to think Verhaeghe comes up. He's 24, waiver eligible, and went over PPG in the AHL. I think we need to see what we have in him before Stephens and Volkov both come up.

Didn't he just win the AHL scoring championship?

We're in a spot where we might have 2-3 Gourde-type success stories on the way.

As to who makes it, roles will come into play a lot, I think. Stephens is best-suited for a 4th line role, but he only played 30-something games in the A last year. Verhaeghe and Volkov are more scorers so they might be in competition with each other for a top-9 role. Then there's ABB, who's kind of a dark horse, but it's starting to feel like he'll have to dominate to win a spot.

It's been a while since we've had this kind of competition going into camp--where you KNOW a couple of slots are open, and will be filled by rookies. At least that gives us a little excitement, since it might be a bit hard to make the regular season feel like it matters.

So maybe...

Front-runners: Volkov, Stephens, Verhaeghe (I don't know what order they'd be in, but somebody more knowledgeable can chime in.

Dark horses: ABB, Raddysh, Foote

Long shots: Masin, Katchouk

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

As to who makes it, roles will come into play a lot, I think. Stephens is best-suited for a 4th line role, but he only played 30-something games in the A last year. Verhaeghe and Volkov are more scorers so they might be in competition with each other for a top-9 role. Then there's ABB, who's kind of a dark horse, but it's starting to feel like he'll have to dominate to win a spot.

It's been a while since we've had this kind of competition going into camp--where you KNOW a couple of slots are open, and will be filled by rookies. At least that gives us a little excitement, since it might be a bit hard to make the regular season feel like it matters.

So maybe...

Front-runners: Volkov, Stephens, Verhaeghe (I don't know what order they'd be in, but somebody more knowledgeable can chime in.

Long shots: Masin, Katchouk, Andreoff(?)
I wonder if we could see Ceddy moved. Imagine he gets hurt, Stephens gets the callup and is outstanding in the role, Ceddy moved just before he comes off IR.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

So maybe...

Long shots: Masin, Katchouk, Andreoff(?)
Andreoff is with the Flyers org.

Reactions: DFC

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I have a really good feeling about are some of are young guys from the Crunch this year. I think 2 make the team. Most excited about Volkov.
A lost of people (myself included) have been hoping for a nice addition from free agency or via trade but I think we just need to trust the system and let some of the young guys fill those rolls. Even if it doesn't sound as sexy.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

So maybe...

Long shots: Masin, Katchouk

I think Verhaeghe makes the team as he is waiver elgible. the other spot IDK I'd guess Volkov he has been better then stephens. then I'd guess stephens would be the first call up when a injury hits

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think Verhaeghe makes the team as he is waiver elgible. the other spot IDK I'd guess Volkov he has been better then stephens. then I'd guess stephens would be the first call up when a injury hits

So I agree with everyone saying Verhaeghe should get the spot because he is waiver eligible. But let’s keep in mind he is a top 9 forward not suited for the 4th line and our top 9 is full. So this could get interesting.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
So I agree with everyone saying Verhaeghe should get the spot because he is waiver eligible. But let’s keep in mind he is a top 9 forward not suited for the 4th line and our top 9 is full. So this could get interesting.
Agree but I hope that Cooper pulls his head out of his anus if Palat continues to play like trash and sends him to the 4th line. That would open up a prime line spot... The alternative is we get the old Palat (younger version) back and that would be super-awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad