GDT: 2019 NL Wild Card Game: (WC1) Washington Nationals vs (WC2) Milwaukee Brewers

NLWC

• Total voters

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Brewers fans are obviously bummed but i wouldn't fret it. They didn't stand much of a chance beating the Dodgers should have they advanced anyway. Hell even the Nationals, with their 3 stud pitchers (Corbin/Strasburg/Scherzer) aren't being given much of a chance against them.

Still a hell of a season. They looked like they were all but dead, they lost Yelich which by all accounts should have been the end. Despite that, they fought like hell, pulled themselves out of the abyss. Props all around. Plus they helped bury the Cubs and i think we can all get on board with that.

I can easily see Strasburg getting the start in game 2. He only threw 34 pitches. Combine that with the fact he gets tomorrow and Thursday to rest he could be, in theory good to go for game 2.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
you think this was bad brewers fans?

try being up 7-3 with 5 outs to go and blowing that lead. god that hurts just typing out

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

try being up 7-3 with 5 outs to go and blowing that lead. god that hurts just typing out

Imagine making the playoffs 6 times in 50 years and winning 3 total series and never winning a World Series and being able to legally drink before you saw your team in the playoffs for the first time and having a cheap ass former owner who is still revered for some reason but hey at least we didn't blow a 4 run lead in a wildcard game once, it was only 3 runs.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Not to mention a terrible misplay that even a league average right fielder probably makes

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Imagine making the playoffs 6 times in 50 years and winning 3 total series and never winning a World Series and being able to legally drink before you saw your team in the playoffs for the first time and having a cheap ass former owner who is still revered for some reason but hey at least we didn't blow a 4 run lead in a wildcard game once, it was only 3 runs.

It was 3-1 going into the 8th. Unless you mean blowing a 3 run lead since you were up 3-0 after 2 innings which I don’t think anyone would call ‘blowing a 3 run lead’. There was still a lot of game to be played. Feel for the Brewcrew though. That RF should be shot into the sun. That was horrible. I mean Hader was as well but that should have been 1st and 3rd with two outs not a bases clearing almost triple

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Brewers fans are obviously bummed but i wouldn't fret it. They didn't stand much of a chance beating the Dodgers should have they advanced anyway. Hell even the Nationals, with their 3 stud pitchers (Corbin/Strasburg/Scherzer) aren't being given much of a chance against them.

Still a hell of a season. They looked like they were all but dead, they lost Yelich which by all accounts should have been the end. Despite that, they fought like hell, pulled themselves out of the abyss. Props all around. Plus they helped bury the Cubs and i think we can all get on board with that.

I can easily see Strasburg getting the start in game 2. He only threw 34 pitches. Combine that with the fact he gets tomorrow and Thursday to rest he could be, in theory good to go for game 2.
I've never heard a park so loud after Soto hit the bases clearing single. People were dancing and celebrating and drunk as hell dancing on counters waving towels. :laugh:

Crazy night last night and I saw it all in person.

IMG_20191001_210042.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It was 3-1 going into the 8th. Unless you mean blowing a 3 run lead since you were up 3-0 after innings which I don’t think anyone would call ‘blowing a 3 run lead’. There was still a lot of game to be played. Feel for the Brewcrew though. That RF should be shot into the sun. That was horrible. I mean Hader was as well but that should have been 1st and 3rd with two outs not a bases clearing almost triple

Umps gave the Nats a bit of a helping hand with that HBP, too. Definitely hit the bat first, but they didn't want to overturn the initial call I guess.

I feel awful for Grisham, for Bucknering that play, though. It was a tie game either way but that miscue cost them huge. Bet it was a quiet locker room after the game.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Umps gave the Nats a bit of a helping hand with that HBP, too. Definitely hit the bat first, but they didn't want to overturn the initial call I guess.

I feel awful for Grisham, for Bucknering that play, though. It was a tie game either way but that miscue cost them huge. Bet it was a quiet locker room after the game.

Yeah, my impression is that it hit bat first as well but it was almost simultaneous so I really don't have a problem with that call standing. Home plate ump had some brutal strike calls on the Nats that were clearly 4+ inches off the plate. Brewers came out screaming to a 3-0 lead after 2 innings and then did nothing. Turner's HR got the Nats back in it and Hader was just awful. Hindsight 20/20 but clearly Pomeranz should have come back for the 8th.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Isn't that the way the Nats usually lose in the playoffs?? What a crazy 8th inning!! Good for the Nats and their fans!!

The Dodgers are gonna be a tough one......5 game series upcoming!!

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Yeah, my impression is that it hit bat first as well but it was almost simultaneous so I really don't have a problem with that call standing. Home plate ump had some brutal strike calls on the Nats that were clearly 4+ inches off the plate. Brewers came out screaming to a 3-0 lead after 2 innings and then did nothing. Turner's HR got the Nats back in it and Hader was just awful. Hindsight 20/20 but clearly Pomeranz should have come back for the 8th.

Yeah there were a few bad strike calls against the nights although the worst one was the strike 3 call on Pomeranz. I mean he's never had a hit before so not a big deal. I do think that ball clearly hit bat first and that ended up being (I think) the tying run. If that gets called foul who knows how that game ends.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah there were a few bad strike calls against the nights although the worst one was the strike 3 call on Pomeranz. I mean he's never had a hit before so not a big deal. I do think that ball clearly hit bat first and that ended up being (I think) the tying run. If that gets called foul who knows how that game ends.

Like I said, I think it hit the bat first but that's on super slo-mo and his hand was right there as well so I can see the call being upheld as a HBP. You're right if that's called a foul ball it could change everything... or maybe Hader and Grisham blow it anyway. We can't ever know that so all you can do is get done what you need to get done. Nats capitalized and the Brewers buckled. That's what it comes down to in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad