Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Bad advanced statistics only applies to players on other teams.

When our players have bad advanced statistics, it's because it's a flawed metric.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I wonder if anyone can find a tube of a Dman that held up better than Guds did: getting hit by an angry Wilson, and then fighting an angry Wilson, who also appeared to instigate which usually leads to an advantage. I notice no one seems to have commented on that video.

I think teams benefit by having tough players, who typically have lessors skills, despite all the rule changes.

By us winning the cup, teams can no longer expect to keep building a smaller and faster team and escape eventually getting destroyed by one of Ovi Oshie Orpik Orlov or Willy. Yes, winning the cup changes how our opponents construct their lineups. Rutherford is still scrambling to recover by paying Vegas to take Reaves :laugh:. Apart of the MAF collusion / cap relief, no doubt.

CBus and Pitt both added toughness on the blue. I am surprised fans of Orpik scoff at those types of moves. Again, its all about salary and expectations. If Guds was paid league min, would that change how hard you laugh? Rutherford can get rid of his contract without issue, book it.

No one is still laughing at Orpik, now at 1M.
I doubt Wilson fights in the playoffs

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I doubt Wilson fights in the playoffs

Yep you are right. We had 2 or 3 last year. More than I expected, actually. Since his hitting is so risky, maybe we see him throwing more this time around. But we need him on the ice, so having players that can goad him, may be of benefit.

But all it takes is one well placed punch to really change things. All things equal I am fine to face teams that go sans goons, for I think they are one dimensional, and can be exposed physically.

I hear McQuaid got concussed from this one. Watch the slo mo at the end.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Only chance we seem him fight would be to send a message in a blow out loss. Other then that I think he passes to stay on the ice

I think the only reason we will see him fight is when one of our players gets run.

We saw against Vegas he wouldn't fight Reaves, so he is learning to pick his spots. And of course he refuses to fight him, but then still gets concussed - no suspension. That would only happen to us.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
LOL, 80+ likes for this nothing post. Rutherford single-handedly sunk the Penguins for years

HFBoards is so silly.

Good gif choice and timing.

That thread is good. I am glad to see I am not the only one that remembered thinking their D sucked before they won 2 cups, and learned a lesson. Watch Mario lobby to get the cap raised significantly next year, to cure all their cap woes.

My favorite post from a cane: He won't reach his full Rutherford form until he's handing out full NMCs like candy

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yes I can't wait for him to take Kuz's head off with an elbow either

Like I said, all it takes is one punch for us to rethink how hard we should laugh.

Rutherford is a hot mess but with 2 cups in 3 years, I am not laughing. We think we are having a cup hangover? He has probably been drunk for 18 months.

Ok maybe more, the Canes are paying Semin 2.3M for 2 more seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad