Speculation: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Until 45 minutes ago, they had no idea that they'd be picking at #34, so I suppose that it makes sense to trade it. The alternative would've been to use it on a player that probably didn't heavily vet or on one of the players that they did heavily vet but who'd likely be available later in the round.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
What an awful day for David Poile.

A mid range third rounder this year for an unspecified third rounder next year?

Laughable.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Most teams value their current year draft picks far more than uncertain position draft picks the following year. This isn’t a hard one to follow, but go for it. If you really think that is a smart decision, I’m not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Most teams value their current year draft picks far more than uncertain position draft picks the following year. This isn’t a hard one to follow, but go for it. If you really think that is a smart decision, I’m not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

It's been Poile's MO to do a deal like this. In fact, that's how we got Craig Smith and Anders Lindback.
Smith turned into a solid top 6er and Lindback surprisingly netted us 2 2nd round picks, Sissons and Aberg.

It doesn't always work, that same draft we did the same thing and netted Nick Olive, who? But sometimes it does.

Reactions: Enoch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad